1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Definitive Feature List?

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by KroninW, Jul 12, 2010.

1. KroninW

KroninW Chieftain

Hi all

I played a lot of Fall from Heaven about 1 - 2 years ago, and just got back into CiV. I notice that this mod RiFE seems to be the currently developed strain of fall from heaven that is still active.

Is there a place (the civilpedia seems unfinished ) where I can go to gain a better understanding of the new features that RiFe and FF Plus introduced to the game?

Thanks

Kronin

2. Abremms

Abremms Prince

there are actualy three (at least) major modmods still under development for FFH; RiFE, WildMana, and Orbis. they are all rather different and worth chekcing out.

as far as a feature list... that would be nice, wouldn't it? theres alot of "learn by doing" involved in these modmods, but thats kinda what i like about them. always something to discover :D

3. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Isn't that what we have (will have once it's completed) the Rife wiki for?

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I plan to write up a full feature list when 1.3 is released. It's just timeconsuming. ;)

5. tesb

tesb Emperor

take your time, write the feature list. there are no problems with releasing 1.3 a bit later
    *cough*

6. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

*glares at tesb*

7. Valkrionn

Since you asked so nicely..... :mischief:

8. KroninW

KroninW Chieftain

yeah I learned FFH using the learn by doing method, so I figured that might be the case here. This 1.3 sounds very interesting. Looking forward to trying it.

I noticed a strange deal with the Jotnar last night. My wife was playing as them and the civilpedia entry says they only use the inner ring and can only turn their born citizens into units.
    I had played a game as them as well, and that definitly seemed to be the case for me. However my wife had no such restrictions and was able to build wild trolls.

Confused I started up a new game playing as them, and I had the same results as my wife. Civilpedia entries on both machines were the same, mentioning only using the inner ring and not being able to grow past size 10.

That is sorta what prompted my questions :)

Also this whole climate system. I didnt see any mention of it in the concepts.

kronin

9. Valkrionn

Yes, the Jotnar page was never updated; They were changed massively (and are being changed again); 3tier cities rather than small ones, buildable trolls (but no giants), etc.

10. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

hell ... i want girlfriend that is playing any ffh mod of civilization4...

edit: correction: hell, i want girlfriend ... //:

11. KroninW

KroninW Chieftain

Yeah I got pretty lucky with my wife.

Got her started on CIV 2 when CIV 3 came out (back when she still lived at home with her parents, I gave her my copy of Civ 2, and Simcity 2000).

When we moved in together, I got her into WoW and she's been a gamer through and through ever since, even got her into D&D with our gaming group 2 years ago :)

12. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

A discussion of the climate system could be pretty complex. In use all you need to know is 1)the Water 1 and Nature 3 spells terraform towards grasslands, with the later affecting a larger area 2) the Sun 1 spell terraforms towards desert (and is mainly good for clearing up cold terrain) 3)Some civs have means other than Arcane units to do this (give your giants Firekin oir Frostkin, for example, and they'll get such spells) 4) If a civ has a climateform, any terrain inside your borders will be terraformed to that eventually, so don't fight it.