Deity Challenge #17 - Persia

Light Cleric

ElCee/LC/El Cid
Well, this is a map I was going to LP but rather than have it sit on my backburner for months I thought I'd share it. :p

Spoiler :

I played up to about turn 100 or so a while back; I don't think it's a particularly hard map, but the start is not indicative of the rest of the map and early game can really surprise you if you don't keep on your toes ;)

Settings:
Standard speed/Standard size/Pangaea
Quick Combat on, Quick Movement off

DLC: All DLC is enabled, sorry :( This wasn't made with the DC in mind or it would be disabled.

Attachments

• DC 18.Civ5Save
    572.5 KB · Views: 128
Not trying to be contrarian or anything, but what makes this start pretty? Yeah you can settle on hill river mountain. But there are no food resources at all, only stone for prodution, and it's double calendar lux. If I rolled this in single player, I would reroll. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I think this map is going to be pretty easy, because:

Spoiler :
Two faith-generating NWs.

If I knew the map beforehand, I would have gone with a Liberty opener.

Spoiler :

Have you seen who's near one of them? :)

Light Cleric, I think you should LP it anyways. I subbed after your China game :D

Not trying to be contrarian or anything, but what makes this start pretty? Yeah you can settle on hill river mountain. But there are no food resources at all, only stone for prodution, and it's double calendar lux. If I rolled this in single player, I would reroll. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I have stopped rerolling maps unless you got only a single lux with no river or something because you need to be able to adjust to the situation.
Maybe the terrain around you starting location is awesome, or its just normal. With that you got a challenge for yourself...

I mean everyone can reroll to a perfect petra start and roll over damn AIs....so nothing special there

Gave this map a try. Failed the first attempt :(

Spoiler :
Start is a LOT better once you move your Settler. Two tiles up and you get three Bananas, two Sheep and like 6 lux, can't ask for a lot more than that.

I just got rolled by Rammy after being DoW'd on t150 or so. Gonna try again, but I think I won't be able to beat this map how I like to (peacefully) - Gandhi got an amazing start and gobbles ALL the Wonders I usually get... gonna have to crush him early heheh.

It seems impossible to get CI in deity nowdays.

Spoiler :

:( Indeed no luck with this one.

Tech rate and policy timing is so perfect.

Got NC 4-5 turns ago, took the patheon of +1 culture for jungle tile.

:mad: Deity AI wonder priority is really no fun to play :mad:

I didn't play it because it doesn't have quick movement, but if i was playing it try settling on the hill next to the mountain and going monument, archer, archer, archer and rushing byzantium.

I didn't play it because it doesn't have quick movement, but if i was playing it try settling on the hill next to the mountain and going monument, archer, archer, archer and rushing byzantium.

You can turn quick move off in the option menu.

Spoiler :
Your CB rush Byzantium will fail sadly, see the two hills near her capital, the sight is blocked so expect heavy loss.

Rush India seems possible but again Byzantium is his friend.:mischief:

Spoiler :
Your CB rush Byzantium will fail sadly, see the two hills near her capital, the sight is blocked so expect heavy loss.

Rush India seems possible but again Byzantium is his friend.:mischief:

Dems fighting words, I don't know if I'm ready to put my civ 5 skills up publicly yet. But that kind of attitude is tempting me ;)

You can turn quick move off in the option menu.

awesome. Thanks, I thought it was a setting baked into the original save file.

happy belated anzac day.

Top Bottom