DEITY CHALLENGE - aiming for sub 100T domination victory

IronfighterXXX

Work Hard - Play Hard
Currently best BNW domination victory recorded in HoF is 111T with Huns on Pangea, while it is not bad there is definitely much room for improvement.

Rules - Standard HOF rules (read this - http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/rules.php - the most important - no reloads, no replay the same map), standard sized map, any map type, any civ, quickest possible domination victory.

This thread is for posting yours opinions, ideas, and results.

This game should be quite quick and straightforward so I want to eager many people to participate - you can achieve eternal fame on this forum ;)

You can choose any civ but really - does someone even consider something else than Huns?

There's a thread about a T74 Huns OCC victory by klaskeren - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=520339. It wasn't submitted to HOF though.

I wonder what map type from the HOF list will give the fastest finish times - Lakes comes to mind because it's essentially a smaller(?) Great Plains that wraps. Inland sea should be good too, I think.

Also it's worth noting that HOF allows promotion saving.

Well, obviously OCC makes game a little bit easier and I was thinking about normal game.

I will try normal pangea map, while probably not best, don't really think that better map is needed for sub 100T victory :)

and for the love of christ, record it for the normal folk to see :)

you can probably burst through 100 turns in a single session

I would say that any such challenge is worthless without a continuous video, starting from the 'Setup game' screen, so that we can see it's a random map and not something cooked. Even better, a live stream for each attempt, so it can be followed.

I wouldn't believe any result that didn't have this. There has to be a reason why people claim sub-T100 victories but don't submit them for analysis. I am a skeptical fellow :)

I'd have a shot but I can't get any screencast software to work without crashing on my MacBook Pro. Anyone who can help will be much appreciated! I've been wanting to do LPs and screencasts for a while now.

I would say that any such challenge is worthless without a continuous video, starting from the 'Setup game' screen, so that we can see it's a random map and not something cooked. Even better, a live stream for each attempt, so it can be followed.

Unless I start earn money by playing civ it rather won't happened ;)

I try to play mostly in my free time at work in game playing in background so it would be hard to make LP, not mention that I'm not familiar with video tools to make it and while I very like civ it is still just a game and I don't see reasons to devote myself to learn it.

This game will be submit to HoF and they have tools to at least to a certain extent detect reloads and other cheats.

Of course you can think that without video such challenge is worthless and don't believe in it but in this case you can just leave this thread alone.

Wait a minute, aren't you encouraged to "cook" a map for HoF, as in, pick your opponents, map type and stuff like that, as long as you don't disable barbs, spies, stuff

Wait a minute, aren't you encouraged to "cook" a map for HoF, as in, pick your opponents, map type and stuff like that, as long as you don't disable barbs, spies, stuff

Yes, I think it depends on what 'cooked map' means, this challenge is in HoF rules so you can choose some things that are allowed by them.

I wouldn't believe any result that didn't have this. There has to be a reason why people claim sub-T100 victories but don't submit them for analysis. I am a skeptical fellow :)

I'd have a shot but I can't get any screencast software to work without crashing on my MacBook Pro. Anyone who can help will be much appreciated! I've been wanting to do LPs and screencasts for a while now.

First off... you won't believe the result that you yourself can't even produce. You want players to record a game that you yourself can't show us. You want players to make LPs and you have not shown us one LP so stop asking us to show LPs until you can show us an LP.

Secondly... any player with a little bit of savvy can fudge anything. Even live streaming can be made counterfeit.

Last comment... Everything in life is worthless if it does not promote or help advancing the kingdom of God. I believe the Lord one said that if a person gains the whole world and loses his own soul and ends up in hell that gaining the whole world was rather worthless. Get your priorities straight and realize that anything to do with Civ in general is worthless and pointless.

Calm down, ladies. I don't have the time for some hot and sweaty moderator action today.

It was not my intention to cause anyone any offence. I will clarify what I meant, then I will bow out of this thread as I don't want any further palaver.

When I say worthless, I do not mean that you should not attempt it. I would love to see it. Submitting to the HoF is great, but at the same time, playing on a cooked map devalues the whole point of things, IMO. Since the challenge is to finish really quickly, playing on a map that makes that much, much easier, defeats the point of the challenge, IMO.

I see that, as another poster pointed out, the HOF don't mind cooked maps. I was not aware of this. For me a cooked map means an edited/user-created one. Choosing opponents is fine, makes it a bit easier, but hey, you could end up with that same combination by chance. Choosing map type is fine. Obviously a Pangaea is going to be quicker than a Continents. But a person could make a map that was perfect in every way, and arrange their 7 opponents on flat land, give theirselves decent resources (pastures, in this case) and have a significantly higher chance of hitting the sub-T100 DomV than with a randomly-rolled map. That is what I mean. And if they submitted save files to HOF I am assuming (from what I read about HOF, I could be wrong) that there is no problem with this.

So if, IronFighterXXX, you are talking about such a challenge, then that is not what I thought you meant originally. In this case, I will not post anything further in this thread.

If you are not talking about a cooked map, then I completely support this, and will watch with interest.

I will respond briefly to one poster in particular, since he seems to genuinely have it in for me:

First off... you won't believe the result that you yourself can't even produce. You want players to record a game that you yourself can't show us. You want players to make LPs and you have not shown us one LP so stop asking us to show LPs until you can show us an LP.

This is CAN'T, not WON'T. If someone can tell me how to overcome the Quicktime crash I've been experiencing, I will LP almost every game. I don't see why you're trying to score points against me. :(

Secondly... any player with a little bit of savvy can fudge anything. Even live streaming can be made counterfeit.

Well I didn't know that, and that's why I was suggesting live streaming. Also, the live streams give a chance for greater player-viewer interaction than LPs. I like them a lot.

Last comment... Everything in life is worthless if it does not promote or help advancing the kingdom of God. I believe the Lord one said that if a person gains the whole world and loses his own soul and ends up in hell that gaining the whole world was rather worthless. Get your priorities straight and realize that anything to do with Civ in general is worthless and pointless.

I think you would do well to avoid this kind of comment on a forum that has nothing to do religion. Not everyone is as fatalist and religious as you appear to be, and although I admit the word 'pointless' was ill-chosen, it was not my intention to belittle or derail this thread.

Again, sorry to all for any misunderstanding. :)

I see that, as another poster pointed out, the HOF don't mind cooked maps. I was not aware of this. For me a cooked map means an edited/user-created one. Choosing opponents is fine, makes it a bit easier, but hey, you could end up with that same combination by chance. Choosing map type is fine. Obviously a Pangaea is going to be quicker than a Continents. But a person could make a map that was perfect in every way, and arrange their 7 opponents on flat land, give theirselves decent resources (pastures, in this case) and have a significantly higher chance of hitting the sub-T100 DomV than with a randomly-rolled map. That is what I mean. And if they submitted save files to HOF I am assuming (from what I read about HOF, I could be wrong) that there is no problem with this.

So, you were thinking about using eg IGE - well, obviously it's not allowed:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/rules.php?show=disallowed

The best way for you to fix your so called problem with recording video is to save up some of your hard earned currency and buy a stronger pc instead of using a laptop. If having a mac is a problem... do not buy a mac. If you have to have a mac and can't get the recording to work... just live with the fact that you will not be able to record.

I probably won't do an LP, but it doesn't stop me wanting to watch other players who are better than me do it. Fluphen Azine, you're having a shocker, or maybe someone hacked into your account or something.

It's kinda funny in a way how this forum gets out of hand so quickly....

Why would you want that? Egypt is all about how much wonders can you build in a single game :lol: I topped out at 25 in the ICL

Because Egypt are great for a CA rush since they don't need horses and are faster than normal. Kinda need flattish land around the capitals, though. HAs are better.

Top Bottom