DEITY CHALLENGE - aiming for sub 200T victory

If you looked more closely on screenshot you would see that actually in the three largest cities (14,10,9 - I would not call them small on this turn)
construction of the universities will take about 10 turns rather than 30; and five cities with a slightly later universities is always better than four cities with universities earlier.

But enough of talk we'll see how it goes in practice :)

I wasn't saying your cities would take that long, just commenting in general on the diminishing returns of earlier education due to lack of production and gold. :)

I had cash for only one rush buy public school due to troubles with keeping influence with CSs (see previous posts).

I will get ideology on 132T and only pray to have some coal :please:

Attachments

• T124.jpg
    T124.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 446
I had cash for only one rush buy public school due to troubles with keeping influence with CSs (see previous posts).

I will get ideology on 132T and only pray to have some coal :please:

Man even with a golden age that is low GPT. Would be sweet if you rolled the +10 gold magic mountain as Spain.

Also looks like production is a bottleneck since you are racing through the tech tree so fast. Religious Community may be worth the choice for the +15%.

finished Inca deity game turn 197

in retro I even think i d have shaved about 7t of with going freedom and buying all parts in 1 turn.
I used 5 engis to rush buy spaceship parts - these could have been 4 scientists too.

Will upload videos next nights

I'm not surprised you pulled off a sub 200 win tommynt but I am surprised to see you do it with inca and not poland, babylon, or spain. Can't wait till you upload those videos and see it in action. It's also nice to see a good example of tradition liberty mix without poland to show how awesome that strategy is. Hopefully people will realize that you don't have to poland for it to be better than pure tradition.

@tommynt :goodjob:

However I suppose you played this Inca map from deity challenge, so achieve sub 200T victory in HOF rules still remains the goal of this thread. :)

In my game things don't look good, I got plastic on turn 155, somehow managed to rush bought four RLs but due to quite low population (troubles with keeping influence with maritime and mercantile CSs) it gave me below 1000bpt :(

All coal and aluminium is in south city, so at least I was lucky with this city placement (btw someone know why Toledo isn't road connected with capital - do I have to be ally with Wittenberg?)

I'm leaving on weekend so probably will finish game in next week.

Attachments

• T155.jpg
    T155.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 266
Spain = Order. :D
With factories up, you'll be around 1250/1300 bpt.

I also like Spain + Great plains. Mountains + easy natural wonders.

Iberian : It's Deity. He sold his gpt for instant cash.

However I suppose you played this Inca map from deity challenge, so achieve sub 200T victory in HOF rules still remains the goal of this thread.

HOF rules are dumb, thats no1 Plays those games there thats why no1 cares about.

For me playing good/best is important not being most patiant to roll 100 times.
Some1 REALLY thinks that rerolling is fun or a matter of skill?

Spain = Order. :D
With factories up, you'll be around 1250/1300 bpt.

Well, actually it was rather sth about 1100bpt. Order is very overated policy for
science victory on this forum.

I was a supporter of it too but after recent tests I will give freedom chance ;)

HOF rules are dumb, thats no1 Plays those games there thats why no1 cares about.

The goal of this thread is to get clear, undisputed victory - that's why HOF rules and
I hope this game will be submit.

How can we know without this if someone didn't use IGE or cheat in other ways (or just reload every time something went wrong).

Don't take this personally Tommy I'm sure you didn't do such things :)
(eg. some time ago on this site someone post screenshot from ~193T deity victory, however later it turned out to be on quite strange settings -legendary start, no barbs, different amount civs,CSs,etc..., also he didn't post final save)

I finished my game - 208T science victory :blush:

Late game was disaster - I started too early bulb GSs, lost WF by 40 hammers, got 30 unhappiness from ideology - had to sell one city - really the best thing is to forget about this game (it could be sub 200T victory with a little more luck and less mistakes) :cry:

At least I beat current HOF deity record by 13 turns.

I sold RLs and one city - thats why so small science on screenshot

Attachments

• T208.jpg
    T208.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 370
Ha sucks :X

I've got a good babylon game going. Maybe I can squeeze something really close to 200 I'll see food isn't that impressive with not many river tiles in 2 cities. I thought it was the best map ever with Lake Victoria, KSM and Kailash in expansions but besides the wonders the expansions aren't that great with only 3-4 fresh water plains.

I feel Order is also a bit overrated for SV. The big benefit of Order has more to do with the computer seeming to like it over Freedom.

Ironfighter you keep using that one particular map type. Do you think it's pretty much the only way to get sub 200 win on Deity? I usually play Continents map type with standard age so there's not as many mountains which seems to be a death nail for trying to get those ultra low wins.

Ironfighter you keep using that one particular map type. Do you think it's pretty much the only way to get sub 200 win on Deity? I usually play Continents map type with standard age so there's not as many mountains which seems to be a death nail for trying to get those ultra low wins.

I wrote it before:
Why Great Plains - well, in theory you can roll better pangea map (coastal, mountains spots) but it require infinite numbers of rerolls.
With GP it's quit easy to get good start (left side map).

Playing other maps then pangea type for fast wins is probably mistake because you want to meet all CSs and civs quickly (for trade and tech discount)
and yes mountains are necessary for fast wins.

I wrote it before:
Why Great Plains - well, in theory you can roll better pangea map (coastal, mountains spots) but it require infinite numbers of rerolls.
With GP it's quit easy to get good start (left side map).

Playing other maps then pangea type for fast wins is probably mistake because you want to meet all CSs and civs quickly (for trade and tech discount)
and yes mountains are necessary for fast wins.

Inca on Highlands has lots of mtns and hills and many spots for huge cities. Terrace Farms are just so good. I think it would be a contender. The terrain is great for fast travel for you but not the other Civs. maybe just reroll for desert hills or even tundra for the pantheon.

Inca on Highlands has lots of mtns and hills and many spots for huge cities. Terrace Farms are just so good. I think it would be a contender. The terrain is great for fast travel for you but not the other Civs. maybe just reroll for desert hills or even tundra for the pantheon.

Yeah, some crazy Petra-mountain-terrace farm abuse start could do the trick

Top Bottom