Deity Culture and Tech Vict is driving me insane

johnbitsack

Chieftain
I got the game as a birthday present about 7 days ago. I got every achievement except for culture/tech victory on deity. Culture seems especially hard, and i dont know why.

I build my temple, cathedral, magna carta, i use the romans, i build the rest of the wonders etc...

I always seem to find myself in a position where i need 4-5 great people. I try to use spys but they always get captured on my way there (or boats get destroyed) or they get their butts kicked by 10.5 defense spys

ugh

also, i tried tech a couple times. Any tips for exactly which paths to follow for science.

I lurked around these forums a bit but most of the tips given were the same as I was doing....

EDIT:

One more thing. Is there a better way to achieve this? like could i do culture in beta centauri?

If you can do Domination, then just top short of the last capital and capture the remaining cities and build defensive units and buildings..... just tech on up

Democracy for space race AND culture (to allow wonder enabling techs)

And Mongols in Beta Centauri is the way to go for easy victory (but no space race unfortunately)

It's Money that Matters is probably the most handicapped scenario because the AI is bad at handling money. Buy temples and libraries, units, wonders--using Aztecs, natch--and you can win with any victory extremely easily.

omg this is really making me mad. So i took both of your advice and did it both ways. Both failed. It seems like the AIs get the tech way faster than me, or they kick my cities ass with cannon/planes/rifles as soon as i get high in the tech tree

I think im gonna try the domination path again. The worst thing about losing is the game you play takes HOURS to get through....and you end up losing.

oh and i hate the main menu music BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA

DRIVES ME NUTS

WOW

just on the verge of my cultural victory the game froze......

brb im gonna go snap my disk in half

EDIT:

ok i didnt snap my disk in half but i did get the cultural victory by following the domination strat again. mass producing bombers ftw!

Top Bottom