Deity Denmark Win on 2-15-17

very interesting, thanks for the post (I know I'm a bit late but I just started VP)
How do you manage so much happiness ??
I am on a conquest game and I must stop at least 15 or 20 turns and make peace after I take each capital because war weariness and annexed/pupet cities bring me deep into -15 or -25 regularly, screwing the supply cap etc...
what is your recipe ? thrift for poverty? what else?

very interesting, thanks for the post (I know I'm a bit late but I just started VP)
How do you manage so much happiness ??
I am on a conquest game and I must stop at least 15 or 20 turns and make peace after I take each capital because war weariness and annexed/pupet cities bring me deep into -15 or -25 regularly, screwing the supply cap etc...
what is your recipe ? thrift for poverty? what else?
Mostly knowing what to build to avoid unhappiness and knowing what cities to raze/annex/puppet.

okay thanks
but what about war weariness ? do you get like -30 happ. due to it and still manage to overcome it with other bonusses?
or do you have a way to avoid it ?

okay thanks
but what about war weariness ? do you get like -30 happ. due to it and still manage to overcome it with other bonusses?
or do you have a way to avoid it ?
I mean honestly war weariness was a buff to warmongers. If you play war correctly they'll bottom out first and you'll have the ability to kill their units with them unable to re-build them and then take city after city. I'm okay with having 0 production and growth and -50 happiness if it means I can take a city every 3 turns.

Plus if the war weariness ever starts killing you just declare a new war for an instant reduction. I think. I would gladly have both myself and my opponent at a 0 unit cap during a war so I don't care.

Thanks. So if I'm in a protracted war with Egypt and suffering from -15 war weariness, I can declare war on Venice and have my total war weariness drop instantly, reducing the fallout from my war (weariness) with Egypt? That seems counter-intuitive and exploit-y. I'm not sure how for example Great Britain benefit from a lift in morale vis-a-vis the war with Nazi Germany when Japan attacked its colonies in 1941 in the Far East...

Thanks. So if I'm in a protracted war with Egypt and suffering from -15 war weariness, I can declare war on Venice and have my total war weariness drop instantly, reducing the fallout from my war (weariness) with Egypt? That seems counter-intuitive and exploit-y. I'm not sure how for example Great Britain benefit from a lift in morale vis-a-vis the war with Nazi Germany when Japan attacked its colonies in 1941 in the Far East...
War weariness is your citizens being against the war, so when Japan attacked it inspired fear and made them fight harder.

It would also be even more exploit-y if you couldn't do it. If I could declare war on anyone with war weariness and steamroll them it would be ez mode, and even if it was just the reduction for THEM declaring war that was removed I could still start grabbing their land with GGs and their city state allies and such with no recourse. The reductions need to be there with the way the system is set up. Part of the reason I was against it initially.

Hey Elliot would love to see more of these from other games! Particularly a Zulu one

Top Bottom