1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity difficulty... GRR!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by DeafDolphin, Feb 21, 2007.

1. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

I hate deity difficulty. :mad: Quecha rushes on Deity are nigh near impossible. I think I've tried like 10 times, and I can't seem to get them to work. I only need the Deity and G-major gauntlet to reach QM, and this month's g-major is a bit... ornery. :eek: :rolleyes: :cry:

What's the secret to Quecha rushes other than parking 2 of them outside of your enemies front door and let them suicide on your units? They simply expand too fast for me to keep up production wise, since I don't come equipped with factories, unfortunately.

Maybe it's time to pull out the Superslug Doctrine?

PS. Tried Future start. No aluminum or uranium despite 10 regenerations. Hmm. Folks, any ideas?

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I had the same problem when I was confronted with Deity, couldn't get the quechea rush figured out. So I used Moonsinger's JC Deity guide to win Deity this way. Just look here

As for the Major, I lucked out that a future start Immortal space race was current (which was pretty easy). You should read the strategies for the current major as it is doable.

3. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

Thanks for the information, Ozbenno! I'll try the JC rush and see what happens. It's obvious Quecha rush is next to impossible to do.

The current major is diplomacy, not space race :p I'm gonna have to pass on that.

Just tried a Deity game using Hatty, dumb as I am. Elizabeth kicked my butt to a Space Race victory. That's the first time I've ever had an AI beat me to it. *sour expression*. I thought Hatty's traits of creative and spiritual would be a help. Apparently not. Well, that's one theory shot to hell and back.

Again, thanks, Ozbenno! Appreciated! :goodjob:

4. Dracandross

Dracandross Warlord

Well don't try to rush for 3000bc on the first run. Just try to manage to pull it out. take duel with 1 opp and just go and put few ques on forest hill square away from capitol and slow him down while you pump out more (one with medic, no barracks) Usually ya can pull out it later. First one I got was on quick speed 110ad and that was just sheer pumping of queas. On mara its alot easier. Try to find some Moonsingers articles about it.
    Another way to go is hit future space race to get it.

And finally really try to pull out that gmajor, it's not that hard. Read Gmajor thread and Wasting Time's diplodeity guide (awesome!). Just really worth trying because 1) youll get deity win 2) youll get decent Gmaj score too and 3) youll learn ALOT!

-Dracandross

5. Jean d´Eath

Jean d´Eath Chieftain

actually a quencha rush on deity is a lot easier than on immortal....

6. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Just go for a future spacerace against Genghis. It worked for me! Do it on Terra so he'll try and settle the other continent instead of building the ship.

7. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

A future era space victory is rather easy to do. The first few tries you might lose by a few turns, but you'll figure out how to shave them off.

Do you still have that email I sent you last month on my strategy for how to beat a future era space race? If not let me know, and I'll resend it to you.

8. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll give them a shot.

@ Methos: Yeah. I'd forgotten I had that saved. :rolleyes: I'll reread that and kick arse. Thanks.

9. Smirk

Smirk King

What map type are you using? That can have a huge effect, on a map like great plains with all those resources the diety AI with its "bonuses" will be mining gems and pasturing cows while you are still getting your third Q out. This makes it pretty difficult to stem their tide. Although smart battle should keep you on the positive attrition side and allow you to overcome, with patience.

10. Jean d´Eath

Jean d´Eath Chieftain

i like to build some scouts as you can lure a defender out and finish him of by about 87% with your quencha...

11. Miraculix

Miraculix Warlord

Settings: Deity, dual map size, one opponent, marathon speed.

It is possible to beat the AI using only one Quecha before 3835BC. You need to beat the two archers defending the capitol city before he settles the second city. Unless the capitol is on a hill, the chances to beat the first archer is about 25%. The chances to beat the second archer is less, but depends on the outcome of the first battle and the number of turns to heal. Probably the chances of success is somewhere between 2% and 5%.

To locate the AI quickly, use the Great Plains map, regenerate for a starting position among forest to the east, head westward immediately, and use the settler as a scout.

There is a great chance of success in less than 50 trials :D

12. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

Quechua rush on deity is very tricky but not next to impossible. I have been considering passing on my method to you guys (after all, life is too short and today could be my last day on earth). However, I think a successful article about Quechua rush is next to impossible. After all this time, I'm still learning something new every time with Quechua rush. For one thing, I couldn't figure out why in some games, they refuse to launch suicide attack on my position. In some other games, that's all they can think of. Perhaps, this have something to do with map settings, hidden resources, or their silly personalities. In most cases, if things don't go my way, I just start a new game. If I tell people to restart their games until something to work right, I may as well give them stones to throw at me.

Anyway, if you want to master Quechua rush, I recommend trying this out on Deity dual, tiny, or small map. The first lesson for Quechua rush, need to figure out how to kill one AI by 3835 BC with the starting Quechua. Second lesson, must kill at least two civilizations with 2 Quechua (staring Quechua plus one rushed when your capital city is still at size one). If not, start new game and try again.

13. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

Moreover, if he is going against a creative civ, the chance of winning the first battle is around 18%. If he survives, he may get 2 instant promotions - this would greatly increase his chance for winning the second battle. I suppose..."Fortune favors the bold".

14. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

What exactly are you doing? I've never even bothered to try Deity before today. Pulled off 3 Deity victories in an hour with the Inca. I wanted to see if it was doable after reading this thread.

Duel Great Plains, because of this thread. Used Isabella as my victim, for no particular reason other than she's not Cre or Pro. Maybe not the best choice, as she gets those damn holy cities a lot...but it normally goes in her 2nd city, and you kill that a couple turns after it's founded at most.

Basically, I sent both units West. Settler is looking for a Plains Hill with a Forested Plains Hill in it's first ring ideally...that's 5 production per turn, just pump out the 4-5 turn Quechas.

Original Quecha is hunting for a scout to kill and start the war for his Cover promotion. If you find the Archer/Archer/Settler first, kill one of them. You may not have that promo yet, but it's better to kill one now so he isn't getting 50% (25 city, 25 fortify) bonuses. They'll run off from you and go plop down a city, which is fine. Heal up as much as you can safely do, then go run them down. He should be able to raze this city alone with decent odds. The AI often times will have built another Archer and sent it that way, which you can kill to try and get the CR1 promotion on top of your Cover, if you don't have it already. Either way, at worst he should have it by the time that city is razed. He can now heal up then head to the capital. On my final attempt, my promoted Quecha ended with 15/17xp...Cover, CR1, and CR2. Killing the scouts is easy xp.

You found the capital with your first built Quecha...because wherever you settled, if you moved West for a few turns first, they're in your backyard at that point. You pillaged any production tiles, and holed up in a forest outside the city...or worst case, across a river. Place your second built Quecha on the opposite side of the city, so nobody tries to flee. Every time I did this, there were two Archers in the city with 20% culture at this point, because the one Archer they build right off the bat went to try and save the Settler. If you do this right, the roaming Archer can't get back into the city, because you can not only see what's going out, but what's trying to get back in as well. He'll reroute and try to harass your city, but you can see that coming and have Quechas popping every 4-5 turns.

Gather up 4-5 noob Quechas, plus your Cover + CR1 Quecha...and win the game. If you wait a bit too long, they may get a third archer in there. That's ok though, it won't have that 25% fortify bonus, and you can even wait for a couple more Quechas if you think you need it. End dates were 3130, 3100, and 3070. Seems like a pretty solid formula, as you always see the same things, and the win dates are within a couple turns.

15. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

Thank you, all of you, for your helpful tips. Finally managed a Quecha rush in 1930bc, beating the tar outta Bismark. Had to take 3 cities to do it (Epic Speed). Shadow2k's tip of founding on a plains hill with a forested plains hill in the first ring did the trick. It's not impossible after all. Just takes persistence and slugging power.

Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart.

Now all I need to do is get that bloody major and I'm on the QM list. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks! :goodjob:

16. Ozbenno

Well done, its the hardest box to tick off.

I just did the same game myself using Shadow's tips. Found if you can find a cow on a plains hill gives you an extra hammer as well.

17. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

Thanks. Dunno if this can happen, or if anyone has seen it... forested plains hill with a cow. :crazyeye: That would be a heck of a production bonus. :lol:

18. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

I don't recall ever seeing a cow on a plains hill...or any hills for that matter. Do cows grow on hills? :crazyeye: I know sheep and pigs appear there...maybe it's a Great Plains specific thing, as I've only played that map one other time.

Stone and Marble plains hills would work for this though. There's a few different ways to get 5-6 hammers per turn. Just figured a plains hill with a forested plains hill was going to be the most common.

19. DeafDolphin

DeafDolphin Moved on.

I think I recall seeing cows on hills before, but I can't remember if it was plains or grass hills, and not with forests. If it was cows on plain + hill + Forest... that would be what, 6 hammers if you put a pasture there. That's some production rather early.

Stone and Marble hills are huge, particularly if you get them early game. Makes it easy.

20. Ozbenno

It was on Great Plains and was on a plains hill. I settled on top and could output a quecha in 6 turns, rather than 8 for uncowed plains hill (epic speed).