1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity domination game with Shaka

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by euoia, Mar 20, 2014.

1. euoia

euoia Chieftain

Hello everybody,

so here is my very first civ 5 lets play. I know civ fanatics for some time now, but i never created an account. I mostly came for the lps. Btw, thanks to maddjinn, elcee, primeval and moriarte for their entertaining videos. I assume that other users like lps as much as i do and so i decided to make my own one. Unfortunately it's surprisingly difficult to record videos with good quality and i made a few mistakes and i had some crashes. Especially in the first part, the sound isn't overwhelming, but it becomes better in the next parts. There is a small graphic bug, that appeared after compressing the videos, so i didn't see that in my test videos. However, the videos are there and so i decided to upload them despite the quality. If you like it i'll make another lp with better quality. Oh yeah, both, my gaming skills and my english skills are average in the best case ;) Im going to upload a new part every two days or so. Here ist the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzDEr2Djg0

settings are
    Civ: Zulu
    Map type: pangea
    Map size: large
    Difficulty: deity
    standard/standard
    version.1.0.3.144 no mods

I just noticed that the video doesnt start from the beginning, now thats youtubes fault. you have to go to start manually

2. Loki Strikes

Loki Strikes Prince

Enjoying the series so far. Cringed hard when you moved the initial settler, salt river, hill, coast, what more could you ask for :lol: Oh yeah the nice mountain second city to the west would have been nice too. Understand how the marble is tempting though though the dyes were a serious longshot.

You made it work though, nice worker steals, love the dow on capetown, and crazy luck on those upgrades :goodjob:

3. euoia

euoia Chieftain

thanks for your feedback. yeah moving that settler maybe was not the best idea, but i dont give much about a cost on a pangea map and when you go for a a domination victory. your sea trade routes get pillaged all the time. And i love to move my settler around to get a better spot, often there a natural wonders close to your capital

4. Loki Strikes

Loki Strikes Prince

I've been pretty okay at defending sea trade routes on Pangeas (I am virtually always at war myself) and by settling a city away from the action I can usually have a pretty safe food cargo ship (or two) to my cap which is just much better than land caravans. I find a couple range units are usually enough to deal with a stray trireme and by the time triremes have come and gone I won't have a neighbor left who is likely to pillage a sea route.

That said after watching more, I really like your second city with the two city xbow rush approach. I'll move a capital myself, but never to try and get a natural wonder (and I suspect on large maps that they are farther spaced and that would be less effective?), generally I move to be on a hill or a mountain and will go on a longer pilgrimage if I have absolute crap land.

I enjoy watching you play, you are a quite good warmonger and I appreciate the unconventional approach to social policies.

5. wazzap

wazzap Chieftain

good series so far. i wish u didnt sell those lux for free. :D