Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

I suppose going for the free worker will be completely dependent on the ability to get a worker steal. I have been trying those in my personal games, and they can be very tricky to pull off. Timing is everything. I had a map three weeks ago where the nearest civ was quite far away.

What is our timing for the NC? Should we plan a 3 or 4 city NC?

I am also assuming that we don't have a bully nearby. If we have Attila or Monty next door, we need to assume the Comp Bow early strategy.

A lot of contingencies.

So what kind of map?

I really like the NQ map. When I'm playing on other maps, it always feels a lot less fun.

It's Pangaea Plus with a better script, and better positioning of resources, etc.

I'm down with Liberty-Piety mix, but we may have to pause after Collective Rule to check that religions aren't disappearing too fast.

In my last game, I planned to go that route but the 5th religion was founded T35. Ouch.

If we are going to go for a specific plan ahead of time, then I think it's important we discuss build orders and worker priorities, so that we have the best possible start we can.

As for worker steals, I almost never have a problem with those. Acken too, so put one of us 2nd in the roster.

For a Pangaea and Lib-Piety, I recommend:

Scout, Monument, Scout (moved ahead of Monument if a close AI with lots of loose workers is found), Shrine, Granary, Settler

With Archers as necessary, but in a non-Dom game, we don't want to fall into a CB-rush mindset.

Because we won't get the free worker if we move to Piety, I'd also consider Pyramids if doable.

3-city NC is advisable, unless we have a LOT of a faith pantheon, or several really good spots with forests and lux, then 4 or 5 is worth considering.

I second ST's idea of an Academy as Liberty finisher unless Machu is available and we have gold problems. Science will always be measured from Education onwards, in my book.

Recently I had a T101 NC and still finished by T260. No biggie.

Well I obviously weren't as I managed to steal a pair from Portugal in the previous game, oops :)

I personally am against them, but I get outvoted.

SO it sounds like we are in agreement.

Let's start a new thread and roll a start.

Let's set the lineup as:

Consentient
Acken
Storm Trooper
Bugs

Who wants to roll the map and start the thread?

I looked up NQ map. That is a specific mod. If you have it consentient, you should roll some starts.

NQ is No Quitters, yes? I heard about that, apparently it's much more multiplayer focused but I've never used it myself

NQ map script is separate from the NQ mod. The map script just sits in the map folder and doesn't act like a mod. It just makes another map type available and doesn't require the mod to load it. A lot of mine and Acken's Pangaea DCL maps were made this way.

I can roll a map if required, but I think you guys should give the script a whirl as well. It's as useful as EUI in my opinion.

None of my DCL maps were done with the NQmap.

Also if you install it directly in the map folder it will change all your maps, even continents etc. (not that it is a bad thing necessarily but something to be aware of). This doesn't happen if you install it as a mod.

On the other hand you don't need to install it to play a map of someone else generated with it.

None of my DCL maps were done with the NQmap.

I thought you say, at the beginning of your Greece Honor play through, that you use NQ map when you want to make a favourable map for the DCL, no? Like the Russia one?

Anyway, @ everyone : I rolled the map. I'll take my 15 turns and then post a new thread.

what makes the NQ map script different the regular?

Btw, hit the new map asap, I'm eager to see it

It makes terrain more "round" and easier to travel on (less big mountains and 1 tile narrow passage). It balances all starts: everyone starts with a good amount of food, fresh water etc. There are more rivers overall. Impossible to get a salt start. Things like that.

It basically does its job at making the multiplayer more fair.

Top Bottom