Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

IBT – Bismarck and Darius are still at war and Bismarck is helping us out. Darius sues for peace. He’s give us his first born, but not his capitol. Sorry Charlie. Dido denounces us with her pouty face.

Advanced ballistics comes in. We lost a paratrooper, gained a great scientist and a spy.

Turn 273 – 1806 AD – I learned something new. If a tile has been nuked, you lose your movement when you move onto it. Move our new spy into Persepolis to act as a spotter.

I select computers as our next tech. The goal would be to get jet aircraft and stealth bombers. Our scientist covers the remaining research, but we can’t get it because of the restriction.

Stop razing Leipzig.

Start moving naval units in position to take Ergili. Realize we don’t have a ship that can take the city. Select a destroyer in Lisbon. I’ll buy one as soon as I can.

Duisberg doesn’t seem to be pulling its weight so I start razing it.

Move a tank north toward Persepolis, and look what we find.

IIRC, taking Persepolis will destroy the spaceship. Correct?

Good question. I have no idea, I've never seen that happen lol. Still, they're not even close to getting all parts IIRC

IBT – Darius keeps sending units our way. We lose a paratrooper and a battleship.

Turn 274 – 1808 AD – We have a great artist. I use him for a golden age. Kill four land units.

IBT – Lose two battleships (one to CS units) and two tanks.

Turn 275 – 1810 AD – We have a great writer. Use him to bulb some culture and we open liberty. Kills four more Persians.

Note the location of Susa

IBT – I think we are seeing a deity AI spam units. Darius just keeps sending more and more. Lose another battleship. :mad: Darius tries to surround Leipzig.

Turn 276 – 1812 AD – Tchaikovsky pens the overture. We kill four units surrounding Leipzig and we are glad we are not Napoleon at the gates of Moscow.

IBT – Again Darius surrounds Leipzig and redlines it. Lose another battleship and he complete the third booster.

Turn 277 – 1814 AD - Looks like we could lose it next turn so I move our air force out. End up taking out five Persians. Our destroyer is in position to take Ergili next turn.
Berlin: rocket arty => rocket arty

IBT – Melbourne is on the ropes, but survives. Leipzig is on the ropes as well. We lose a battleship, a rocket arty, a bazooka,

Turn 278 – 1816 AD – Capture Ergili and set it ablaze. That hits our happiness. Clear out the units around Melbourne so we won’t lose an ally. Kill several units around Leipzig and sink a carrier off our east coast.

Note to the next player. You can get aircraft across to the other continent from Sukhothai to Several cities.

Buy a stadium and a zoo to get our unhappiness under -10.

You should avoid putting battleships in range of artillery + battleship as much as possible.
Actually it wasn't the units in the city that was doing the damage as much as bombers and fighters.

IBT – Melbourne falls.

Turn 279 – 1818 AD – I wonder where Korea is going?

Lost a B-17 bombing a unit near Aotearoa. Liberate Melbourne.

I guess you didn't take my advice about selling buildings and spamming units...

Not to be overly critical but your armed forces are about 1/10 the size mine would be at this stage of the game. I don't understand how you can think about taking out a guy with a significantly bigger army of comparable units.

If you haven't bought any GMs up to this point, why not buy a couple, make double-gold trade missions, and buy a couple more nukes?

My advice now: nuke, nuke, nuke, and only go in to mop up when he's crippled. And/or suicide the tanks into the cities and keep spamming them.

A short while ago I felt you had this in the bag. Now I think you're struggling :(

IBT – Ergili falls. Korea is at war with Germany. That’s helpful. Lose a destroyer. Darius moves on Melbourne once again.

Turn 280 – 1820 AD – Recapture Ergili. It is down to pop 3. Kill units all along the front. At the risk of jinxing the next player: Could Darius be gassed?

Here is the tactical situation:

This is the primary invasion route for Persian units. They head south out of Ecbatana. You have rocket artillery and B-17s to move on Ecbatana.

I have been fighting a holding action here. Darius keeps wanting to take Melbourne.

And the eastern part of the front. Again a holding action. Units are coming from Aotearoa, generally south toward Melbourne. Occasionally a unit will come from Susa. Beware SAMs.

Attachments

• Washington_0280 AD-1820.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
You should avoid putting battleships in range of artillery + battleship as much as possible.
I'm not sure how to take a city when the opponent has 3-range units without putting some units in harm's way. I suppose this is where consentient's nuke, nuke, nuke strategy comes into play.

Battleships have range 4 though, use them. I haven't read everything carefully, are Korea and Persia fighting each other? They should be

As for my turn, it will be messy :/

We have a few 4-range battleships. Several got taken out by bombers.

Korea and Germany are fighting. Germany is also fighting Persia. I'm not sure about Korea and Persia.

Alright:

Korea and Persia are not fighting. Perhaps neither wanted to attack the other. Korea won't attack Persia now. Our Battleships are scattered, I don't really fancy that :/

Turn 282: Golden age has ended, gpt drops from 350 to 204. I saved up and will pick up a nuke when ready. One is primed as will go off on Persepolis as soon as possible. Cities are on full unit production, either B17s or nukes. Persepolis will be hit twice obviously

I will capture Ecbatana and Aotearoa next turn. Ecbatana will be razed to 1 pop, at that point Leipzig will be wiped and Ecbatana moved to the front. I am probably going to liberate Aotearoa and move on to Sardis up north to clear out a way to Morocco to be invaded from the south. Korea might be tough. Casualties include one carrier I didn't even see where he was

Also, I have built a work boat for Crabs, happiness is for now in the positive :)

WOOOOAH: Persia are willing to give 5 cities in a peace deal. I don't want that as they will be dealt with anyway

T284: Captured Ecbatana, but lost it the next turn. Persia are on the ropes, A nuke was spotted in Persepolis so I hit first, the second one is dropped on Susa. A nuke does eliminate the presence of a nuke in the city it hits, right?

Rest of turn:

Ecbatana revolts a bit, it's swung around but eventually razed. Persia are on the ropes and the road to Persepolis seems clear. The force to the east can continue to Morocco as they don't really have anything going, their cities are weak should crumble. Maybe we did enough damage to Persia to have their culture influence dip down.

The happiness problem seems to have sorted itself out despite not getting enough votes to pass Order again, missed by a few but also, I managed not to pass ourselves getting embargoed, so it's a win-lose maybe :/

Also, I'll have nukes at the ready which should be enough to clear out Korean carpets and allow us to move in

OK, sounds reassuring :) :) :)

Top Bottom