1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Domination with Gorgo - looking for tips

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Ghost Order, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Ghost Order

Ghost Order Chieftain

Mmm now that you mention it, yeah 5% doesn't really affect the city that much.

2. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Horsemen better than knights imo... T100ish deity domination is not too hard... Never liked knight rush that much (unless macedon since your UU upgrades to knights) they come too late for my liking and the 1 movement per pillage upgrade is too useful. (fully promoted they can take your battering ram with them) Horsemen come at a point where AI are still expanding and so they are much more vulnerable. Knights come at a point where usually walls and encampments are up... Not to mention that cavalry is so much easier to get than tanks (in terms of eurekas for the techs required... Archaeologists, etc for oil)

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Do you play GOTM? Knights are the bread an butter over most of the games, cavalry gets used when its possible but it is often not possible.
    Cavalry if you can get it early enough is great but is much harder to get than knights and also is outscaled much earlier (35 Vs 48). This out-scaling difference and the sacrifices to get to horse early enough are to some degree a challenge, sure Cavalry are great when you get to them but it is getting there that can leave a large gap. The 5 MP is also great and so horses are a good option, just as I said harder to get and you make sacrifices getting there (like do you have enough time to get three archers out).
    You could say knights are the fallback as long as there is iron but they are by no means a weak fallback, its more about the speed of getting to them.
    Of course with Gilgamesh knights are a no-brainer.

4. Ghost Order

Ghost Order Chieftain

That's sounds interesting, I think I will try it in a future.

I suppose you need a encampment too right? because finding 2 horses is not always possible, and this also means you have to chop early to finish the encampment quickly to start pumping horsemans as soon as possible.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Mining to bronze working and your encampment is so cheap you do not need to chop it, it’s your time to get the science and the half price build with military tradition.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

The Bronze Working Eureka is huge. I'd rather be swamped by barbs than find none at all.

Victoria likes this.
  7. Ghost Order

Ghost Order Chieftain

Oh I see.

Yeah that was my first thought when I play civ 6 xD, with Gorgo also you benefit for the culture bonus. Although sometimes they are a little bit overwhelming and don't let you to start rolling the AI as soon as you'll want.

8. JosephC

JosephC Chieftain

9. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Hardly play GoTM... unless I happen to find a deity one that looks interesting... Horsemen to cavalry is much shorter compared than knights to tanks (and the eurekas along the way, such as digging up an artifact, are so expensive)... After the horse rush preferably you've wiped out 1-2 neighbors. At this point you would bee line to theocracy and faith-buy units (back in vanilla... AI has lots of holy sites so you can buy quite an army) so this is where you will get your knights and bombards (to get cavalry eureka need kill something with knights)--but I would not call it a knight rush, like you said, it is more like a second wave backup... the bombards handle the city walls/cities... since at this point attacking cities even with knights hurts really badly, knights only there to handle the units... horses to help the knights flank. Neat thing about the cavalry tech is that all the techs in the way unlock some useful units.