[GS] Deity - France - Europe - Can you win from this start?

MolnarK

Chieftain
Hi Everyone!

I recently started a Deity France game on Europe map (not TSL) and had this plains only start with no grassland, hills or mountains and with very few resources.

A tried two strategies:
1. Settling in place and rushing to get a second Settler to move somewhere else with more resources. I ended up being denounced and attacked => destroyed really quickly by two of the AI-s.
2. I moved my first Settler north/east to get a better spot but I was ended up settling really close to the AI. I lost so many turns that I could not keep up with his production => I got denounced and attacked => was game over.

Is there any good strategies to deal with az Eastern Europe spawn?

I attached my save file from this game. What do you think?

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 1 START.Civ6Save
    723.3 KB · Views: 125
Just wanted to say - wow this start sucks lmao. I don't play on Deity btw, so I don't really have any input.

The games Europe map sucks quite hard imo. We were thinking about an TSL Europe MP game but with this map it was far to unbalanced to start it (so we just took european civs on a terra map instead). The sad thing with this start is there are not even lots of strategics showing up to boost your tiles a little bit. Rushing IZs, Aquducts and Dams might be a valid option against the AI. Also Encampments or a religon (workl ethic, meeting houses or culture/science per 4 citizens since you can spam farms and grow crazy) might help you. This map lacks sources for campus adjacencies for the most part of it as well.

I agree it's bad. Start with Animal Husbandry and Mining. The land is so flat and resourceless which means you are very likely to have horses.

Settle on the mercury and maybe start with scout - builder or even builder first. (builder helps for relatively bad starts.)

You may want to find other places to settle.

Horses are 4 or 5 tiles away from the starting location iirc.
Also why would you settle on the mercury? It's the only tile that can hold a mine and you really want the production in this location. And also its the only tile with more than 3 yields to work from the start.

Top Bottom