deity = HELP!!!!!!

sumbas

Chieftain
I have a very hard time keppinig up with the AI in terms of expansion and the tech-race, when playing on deity. I sometimes kepp up in expansion of my empire, but then I fall hopelesly behind in techs. Usually I play the Babylonians (because of the religious and scientific traits). If anyone has some help to offer on keeping up on deity it would be great:D

Well, here's a Babylon Deity game summary that might help you out and give one possible way to win.

Babylon's Deity Settlers

The granary before settler tactic won't really work on tiny and some small maps, and it depends on how crowded the map is.

Early in the game you shouldn't bother researching yourself in most cases, unless you are doing just 10% or the 1 scientist trick. Make it a priority to meet other AI as soon as possible, so the techs will be cheaper after everyone (or almost everyone) has the tech. Early on make it a priority to increase commerce so you have the money to buy techs. Give in to all demands until you are ready to defend yourself.

Early warfare is a huge gamble if you build all your military straight up. But if you use a massive upgrade of warriors-swordsmen it is easier. The important thing is claiming territory. Build up your territory and infrastructure. In the industrial age the AI falls apart usually because of wars and going to communism, so then you can pull ahead. Before you are ready to pull ahead and research techs faster than the AI can, just buy techs from the AI.

the best way to beat the computer is dont play it on Diety, just play it on easy. That is what i do and i enjoy beating up the computer.

If you're expanding, you're probably warring successfully. Make it a point to first war with a neighbor who can give you sufficient tech for peace. This is pretty easy in ancient times, if you put all of your eggs into the military basket. After that, pick your shots with the easiest targets: weak nearby civs, nearby cities isolated from the parent civ, any civ at all if you can make the right alliances. In the meantime, keep your research mostly at zero, and buy techs late at a discount. Lots of marketplaces and banks will make this easier. Target the Theory of Evolution wonder, as this will give you a shot in the arm that should carry you all the way to victory. Typically, this approach will result in an ebb and flow of tech. The first trough starts almost immediately, and lasts through that first war; the second one usually comes in the heart of the Middle Ages. If you fall too far behind at either point, you are probably lost, so it's critical not to panic at these times, and trust in the game's patterns.

Top Bottom