1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Let's Play! Cleopatra - Egyptian Supremacy.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Francis Xavier, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Had so much fun watching some let's play, I decided to start my own stream for the series on deity level.

This game settings are simple:

Random Leader
    Shuffle Map Type
    Standard Speed
    Standard Size
    Deity Difficulty
    Mods: None, Vanilla post Fall Patch.

Of course, the title spoils the result of random leader, but as I've not played Egypt before this should be fun!

Not only did I want to make sure we were going through the game, but also explaining some of the choices, building in Civ VI and overall strategy for successful Deity run throughs.

Direct Link here.

P.S. The initial audio was a little higher (the intro music, even though at 25% normal volume came through the recording a little loud, but this is fixed in later videos).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

The saga of Ra continues in part two of our deity let's play! Early expansion, city planning and the beginnings of setting up a dominant infrastructure to carry our glorious empire to victory. In this particular segment, the focus is around showing how to build up cities around to help maximize districts and industrial zones for the later game.

Direct Link

3. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Finishing up to Turn 100 - building the Egyptian empire's infrastructure in order to catch up to the Deity AI! See how we're doing by Turn 100. Highlights include desert expansion, including a risky gambit for the Petra, discovering the Spanish Inquisition and gearing up the industry!

Direct Link

4. Kangaroo495

Kangaroo495 Chieftain

Enjoying this one so far - keep it up! I like that it's a really challenging start on a high diffuculty with a fairly unpopular civ. Plus, you barely make any mistakes which makes it satisfying to watch. Keep up with the commerce/industrial combo and this game will definitely go somewhere!

5. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

I'm glad you're enjoying it Kangaroo! As being new to making my own Let's Play's, you're always curious if what you're doing is interesting to people. I finally figured out how to hotkey OBS studio so it doesn't show the recording software at the beginning and end of video (unfortunately it's not until like session 6 or something that I figured that out). It's been a pretty fun game so far for the extra challenge of the nature of the start (positive being left alone to do what I want, negative being the quickest way to catch up through conquest being off the table). I'm going to continue doing Let's Play's after this game is done, as I find my enjoyment of Civ goes up talking to myself about the game on camera! Thinking maybe a Philip game or another random game for next time around.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  6. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Part 4 of our Deity Game with Cleopatra! Tune in for highlights that answer the questions: Does a Deity AI steal the Petra? Do we lose our desert paradise potential? What happens post turn 100 on a deity game?

Featured Quote from the Let's Play: You think your army can compare with my armada...with the might of my empire? You are grievously mistaken.

Featured Commentary: aannnnd this is usually how it starts...Someone somewhere does something stupid, then Gandhi denounces ya and then you want to shut him up for the rest of the game, so you end up with an empire.

Direct Link

7. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

There are two unexplored tiles within the mountain range next to Mendes.

If it turns out that there's a tile with five mountain tiles adjacent to it, then you may have regretted constructing the campus too soon (but again, it is good to build the campus sooner than later). Regardless, you should get Galileo.

8. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Masquerading as friends was kind of fun, wasn't it? Unfortunately it's time to drop the pretense and get to the business at hand.

A surprising turn of events leads to the world's first world war. Will there be Crusaders on our door step?

Direct Link

God of Kings! Happy to see you post on my thread, I see you quite active with the Let's Plays! Hope you're enjoying this one :). And you are right about the mountain tiles, I think I mention that at some point looking at it again, eventually those tiles are revealed to see if it was a mistake or not!

9. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Thanksgiving Double Header!

Carthage may no longer be a Civ, but another civ certainly takes a page out of Hannibal's book. Meanwhile the Thebes focuses on writing the Wealth of Nations.

Direct Link

10. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

After a short-lived peace and building era, Gandhi, the world's strongest super-power declares war with a surprising new comrade to start what we'll call the 2nd Bapu War.

Direct Link

11. gibson1314

gibson1314 Chieftain

Can u say what mods you use I noticed the next tile turns for culture in your city view.

12. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

I'm not using any mods at the moment - so everything you see is Vanilla. The next tile turn was added in the fall patch - first game I've played post patch, so even I wasn't used to it yet (I think I bought a tile at some point that I noticed after buying that it was like 2 turns to flipping).

13. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Venetian Arsenal, Frigates and dastardly naval combat tactics that Sir Walter Raleigh would approve of with Gandhi.

Direct Link

14. God of Kings

Turns out that the two unexplored tiles within the mountain range east of Mendes are just mountains. At least there's a spot for a campus for Swenett. Your decision to place a campus next to two mountain tiles for Mendes turned out to be a great decision, given the terrain.

After you finish the war with India, you could explore the seas (and the Venetian Arsenal would allow you to explore faster by constructing twice as many ships).

15. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Naval Combat, bombardments and sieges, bringing the fight to India through control of the seas and extending the reach of Ra to Kumari Kandam.

Direct Link

Re: God of Kings - yeah, that decision definitely turned out great through luck (had those not been two mountain tiles I would have definitely been going "ugh"). I will say this about Venetian Arsenal: So insanely powerful. World exploration is definitely a next priority.

16. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

The end of an era for Gandhi - and a new one for Egypt atop the world's hierarchy.

Direct Link

17. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Chapter 11! Peace, Battleships, Power Plants...sounds like a recipe for mischief.

Direct Link

18. God of Kings

Looks like no videos for yesterday.

19. Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier Chieftain

Had a bit of the flu, but back on track! Fortunately recording is pre-flu.

The Great Fleet of Ra sets sail.

Direct Link

20. God of Kings

Get well soon!