Deity Level Succession Game

I've been playing around with revolting in the 1530 save, trying to get into Fundamentalism in 1540. With Einsteins in Burgos (science city) and Corfu (farthest down the list with 5+ citizens) and even with civil disorder averted, I'm unable to complete the research for Fundy. Is it impossible to discover tech in anarchy? If I cheat and put SoL in one of our cities, tech discovery happens on schedule. Seems the right choice would have been to research it a turn earlier (or use Communism or Monarchy, which are just as good for one-turn Oedo year conquest).

Interesting sabotage idea. I only cashed in a third to half our trucks and earned well over 25k from them. It would be interesting to see how fast an economic recovery could be made. At the end of 1530, we could crank up to 80% tax rate and earn 3500 per turn, buying caravans at 235 recovers 14 caravans on the first turn, and those can be planned to earn 1000g or more each. You'd almost have to sabotage the delivery system too, but even at that I think a skilled planner could be fully recovered in 2 turns, economically speaking.

There's been so much enthusiasm for this succession game, I'm surprised it even took this long. It's been great studying with the masters and fellow fanatics!

I could use some EC practice, but then, I could use practice in a lot of things. Anything the group picks will be good.

Is it impossible to discover tech in anarchy?

You conduct no scientific research in Anarchy, so it is impossible to trip the beaker count. Also, in Anarchy, you collect no taxes and pay no maintenance costs. Always set luxuries to 60% in Anarchy, since nothing else helps anyway.

I could use some EC practice, but then, I could use practice in a lot of things.

I could also use practice in Early Conquest. The few times I've tried it, the "early" part was a particular problem.

idk...

There is a lot of things I want to clear out.

We could try to go on the Europe map, default everything, as the Americans. (problem: not a lot of room for early growth and shield support)

Maybe D+1... I'm not sure on best strategy for that case. only tried once. strong, careful Monarchy (Deity) or very early Republic? (D+2 and above)

maybe try to do an EL game on Deity without a key civ? (a.k.a purple)

Of if we want to go crazy for a high score, we can go on the Europe map, default everything, we are the Russians and opponents are the Americans and Carths :crazyeye:

Or, if we want to make it supercrazy, maybe a D+3 game where you are not allowed to build MPE/GL and not allowed to build vans/freight (except food) For even more insanity, forbid ships/planes/paras until Future Tech (ok I think I'm pushing it a bit too far)

Quite an early conquest by my standards, as I usually end up conquering the world around 1850-1900, if at all (I prefer spaceship victory and peaceful playstyle).
Also such a huge civ as ours spanning over several continents and islands in not exactly my pair of shoes, despite having obvious benefits. Micromanagement at that point simply kills the fun for me. A max of 25-30 cities is what I usually end up with, so it was an interesting experience playing this humongous empire. Also, if the starting area was better with less mountains and more hill/grass/special mix, I can't imagine how powerful this version of Spain would become.

Top Bottom