Deity Morocco Photojournal

Don't know if I should finish this run (though who knows for how long with Japan on the loose *-*) or start a fresh one with the newest version, considering how much has changed regarding AI difficulty level and city-states diplomacy. Thoughts?

Also, if you vote for a new run, what civilization(s) would you like to see?

I'm down for whatever you choose! Obviously its your choice, I really do enjoy reading people's stories on their Civ 5 games though! I wish we had more! I've read every single one that I can find.

As for which civ I would like to see, I'm naturally a warmonger at heart in my games, and would love to see the style of someone else playing Rome, Denmark or Mongolia! Aztecs are always fun too and have more versatility in my opinion.

Edit: Added Denmark cause jelling stones (favorite UB by far)

I don't care, as long as there is more ;)

But if you start over, I'd like to see some warmongering as well, as I seem to have ma problems with it.
Standard speed would be nice as well, as this would show me some good timings to aim for.

A win is a win. In a single player where we all played the strongest strategy first/at least once, I respect out of the box strategies that lead to a later victory more than yet another tradition arabia tourism win that shaved off 2 turns from the previous record (that nobody cares about).

Well this is true. I have to admit that 95% of time i play with my friend and we usually compete with each other. We do not fight, also we usually choose our victory conditions from the beginning (it is impossible to win if 2 players play Tourism or Diplo). But every time it about who is going to win first with his Civ and his Victory conditions. We also use pick and ban system for choosing civs

I too would love to see a photojournal of a Deity/Immortal game on Standard speed, if possible, it would help me improve my game much more than non-Standard speed games.

I'd wait until Gazebo fixes the difficulty - Deity is significantly easier than normal right now.

Finish this one. You may get tired and we'll miss your end game.

EDIT. About your question regarding trade routes:
there are two trade route signs. If you find the sign to the right, it means that you already have a trade route towards this city state. If you find the sign under the yields, it means that the city state has a quest for incoming trade routes.

Last edited:
Finish this one. You may get tired and we'll miss your end game.

EDIT. About your question regarding trade routes:
there are two trade route signs. If you find the sign to the right, it means that you already have a trade route towards this city state. If you find the sign under the yields, it means that the city state has a quest for incoming trade routes.

Is there a way to get back a quick save you saved over? Could old saves be in a dossier somewhere? Otherwise that game is dead I'm afraid :(

And I think the truth is opposite of what you said, no? :) To the right means the city-state wants a trade-route, under yields means you have one already.

Is there a way to get back a quick save you saved over? Could old saves be in a dossier somewhere? Otherwise that game is dead I'm afraid :(

And I think the truth is opposite of what you said, no? :) To the right means the city-state wants a trade-route, under yields means you have one already.

You should have auto saves from it.

G

I'd like to see more of this one if possible, I enjoyed reading through it. Though I'm enjoying the Zulu one too, whichever you prefer I guess.

Don't you think Tech Trading makes the game too easy? I mean you can research 1 expensive tech and get 4 techs by selling it. RAs are VERY strong, so not underestimate them. You can have many of them, so you actually get ~3/4*5 of techs, which is very good

AI seems to value a technology of a given cost about 2.5 times higher when they're selling it to you as opposed to you selling it to them. I'm assuming this only applies to human players, because otherwise AIs wouldn't trade technologies with each other at all. Anyways, you can sometimes profit by selling techs, but doing it with Civs you don't have DoF or DP with is risky because they can and will DoW you to get their GPT back once they have the technology in hand (selling cities is risky for the same reason, incidentally). AIs can also be very reluctant to sell techs sometimes, I've had games where I couldn't buy techs from anyone.

The one thing that can really make it strong is that AIs will occasionally gift you free techs, but you can't decide which ones they'll give you, I've gotten techs that I would finish researching the same turn before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom