Deity Morocco Photojournal

IcyAngel

Prince
Hello friends,

Coming back from a half a year hiatus, I started playing Deity Vox Populi again. I often long for inspiration from other Deity players, and the great ElliotS inspired me to share a playthrough in photo format. Unlike Elliot, my playthrough hasn't started yet - I rerolled my turn 0 starting position twice but am now satisfied, and plan to continue this iteration until I am eliminated, abandon in despair or *gasp* win!

I will be regularly posting updates in the next few days; everyone feel comfortable to give advice, ask questions, etc. I want this to be a learning experience.

Why Morocco? Never played it; I dislike trade-routes-centric civs, and Morocco in particular lacks... spiciness (sorry, G). But I need the achievement! I'm a s*ut for achievements... :(

Let's go!

Icy

"78/30 experience, or enough for two promotions! Trailblazer 1 is mandatory -there's tons forest and jungle in basically every game- but I think beyond that it's up to taste/situation. I went Trailblazer 2 and Scouting 1 (then Scouting 2 & 3). The more movement and/or vision you have, the more tiles you reveal and the more promotions you get, which I like."

@Txurce this reminded me of another change I make, i locked scouting 1 behind trailblazer 3 instead of trailblazer 2. otherwise you do like he says, get 1 map ruin and its practically like having the satellites tech with how fast that scout snowballs into 3 movement +2 vision and reveals everything. but it doesnt affect AI ! :)

Just looking at the start, I like to settle on the marble there. Amazing early production and immediate +15% to wonder production without researching quarries.

Slightly off-topic but is it game speed that affects starting happiness? Just noticed you started with 10. I've been starting with 5 on Emperor standard speed.

Other than that, curious why you declared on Babylon - was it to pillage his tiles/steal workers?

Slightly off-topic but is it game speed that affects starting happiness? Just noticed you started with 10. I've been starting with 5 on Emperor standard speed.

Other than that, curious why you declared on Babylon - was it to pillage his tiles/steal workers?

AI stops grabbing ruins if youre near them and declare, its literally just a way to exploit the AI into giving you ruins they otherwise would have gotten. i do it too =)

Oh really? I thought he was just placing the scout between the warrior and the ruins so that DoW stops the warrior from being able to pass through him.

Just looking at the start, I like to settle on the marble there. Amazing early production and immediate +15% to wonder production without researching quarries.

I too love to settle on marble, which is why I moved my settler over it; you can see in the second picture (still on turn zero) that it's surrounded by hills, off the river and that that there are no appealing tiles nearby (only grassland and one forest). Plus, we lose one of the wines. Unfortunately, I had to pass this time. Not worth it.

Oh really? I thought he was just placing the scout between the warrior and the ruins so that DoW stops the warrior from being able to pass through him.

This actually. I didn't even "realize" that DoWing made the AI run, though it's obvious in hindsight haha.

Deity forgives all!

I wonder too; the tooltip says +9 happiness from difficulty level, but nothing about gamespeed. It's possible Epic grants more happiness through a sneaky way (it's not on the palace though).

This actually. I didn't even "realize" that DoWing made the AI run, though it's obvious in hindsight haha.

the way i see it from the picture, if youd jumped the warrior and declared, true he couldnt reach the ruins in a single turn, but if he moved west 1 tile on his turn, then youd be ZOC'd from reaching the ruins on your turn, and he would end up with them on his following turn. but right, likely as soon as you DOW he just turned tailed & ran and it didnt even come to that- and it would be that way whether you had the ZOC on him or not. i dont even understand what they are thinking when i declare, they dont even attack when it would be in their favor they just... run off to the woods to cry about it or something.

the way i see it from the picture, if youd jumped the warrior and declared, true he couldnt reach the ruins in a single turn, but if he moved west 1 tile on his turn, then youd be ZOC'd from reaching the ruins on your turn, and he would end up with them on his following turn. but right, likely as soon as you DOW he just turned tailed & ran and it didnt even come to that- and it would be that way whether you had the ZOC on him or not. i dont even understand what they are thinking when i declare, they dont even attack when it would be in their favor they just... run off to the woods to cry about it or something.

I had full movement still, so I moved next to the ruin and DoWed; had I not DoWed, he could simply have passed through me. A human player could have simply attacked my scout twice (with ZOC) and probably killed it, but I think the AI plays better safe than sorry. :)

I had full movement still, so I moved next to the ruin and DoWed

you right, for some reason i was thinking you could only jump to the hill not directly next to the ruins. but yeah next time youre coming at a ruin at the same time as an AI from a completely different direction where ZOC isn't even a thing, declare on them and watch them inexplicably not grab the ruin on their turn.

Epic gives five happiness, Marathon ten.

You must have missed a hotfix or something, because I had no issues investing in a wonder at 70ish percent on the November 6 version.

you have displayed a picture of humanity :D

Attachments

• King-Choke.png
    King-Choke.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 99
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 111
Epic gives five happiness, Marathon ten.

You must have missed a hotfix or something, because I had no issues investing in a wonder at 70ish percent on the November 6 version.

Really? I can't invest in buildings after 50% either. I don't know when it was changed since I just started playing again. It's possibled I missed an update.

Really? I can't invest in buildings after 50% either. I don't know when it was changed since I just started playing again. It's possibled I missed an update.

You can't invest anymore if it would take you over the total production needed and create overflow, so 50 percent for normal buildings and 75 for wonders.

Top Bottom