1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity no districts challenge

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by BlackWizard, Jul 6, 2020.

1. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Has anybody been able to do that on standard map size?

2. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

What are the rules, no districts at all or can you build non speciality districts and how about conquest, you need to raise cities with districts?

I think pillaging will be very useful to win such challenge, Norway should have no trouble to win.

3. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Well you cant build any districts obviously. You can of course capture them from capitals but everything else should be raised

4. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

Gilgamesh could pull it off. Upkeep gold might be your biggest issue. Wonders are still allowed so Colossus and lots of worked plantations & camps.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Fluphen Azine likes this.
  5. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

What you want is no districts+peaceful+no pillaging. Insert one of them and it's suddenly too easy

hhhhhh and Fluphen Azine like this.
  6. Leucarum

Leucarum King

Pretty sure Amanitore will hate you for even suggesting this.

hhhhhh, Bibor and Fluphen Azine like this.
  7. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Do you still make lets play videos?

8. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

At first I thought I could do Diplomatic victory with Maori but then again, their culture gain would be way too slow, I think.

I'm sure this challenge would be easy with any civ that is built around early-game aggression.

9. walkerjks

walkerjks Prince

Trying to think how to do cultural victory with these conditions. Get tourism from Rapa Nui or La Venta (of course, if they aren't in the game...). Both can provide enough tourism all by themselves to get a culture win. So the biggest limiting factor is how to generate enough science to get to get to flight without districts. Gilgamesh may be the best choice.

Lack of a government center is annoying... no ancestral hall, plus 2 fewer governor slots before turn 65 or so. Maybe just have to go without Magnus + provision as the educator seems extra important given lack of districts.

10. monikernemo

monikernemo Warlord

No district challenge on Ethiopia? Decent faith generation with just unique improvement and science + culture from just faith alone.
    Beeline for flight and computers.

11. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

She’s the reason why i started doing crossbow rushes :ar15:

cylenalag and Leucarum like this.
  12. walkerjks

walkerjks Prince

Just won a peaceful, no districts, no pillaging deity game around turn 250. Inland sea (lots of space) as Gilgamesh (can create their own science). Did pick my opponents. Stuff feels so slow at first. Turn 100 had about 65 science/turn and 35 culture/turn. Ugh. Science peaked around 93/turn, but it was enough to hit flight on turn 186. Never did get computers. Culture went through the roof due to Moai spam, which began well before turn 186. Actually made it a bit farther in the civics tree than normal due to the extra turns in the game.

My conclusion is, while doable, this requires some luck (Rapa Nui/La Venta being in the game and rock band luck). A diplomatic victory in apocalypse mode would probably be more straight-forward. Not sure who has a good diplomatic game that isn't based on districts.

13. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

Impressive. Did you take earth goddess for faith without districts?

I imagine Sweden would be decent at a diplomatic victory under those conditions, with the Nobel Prize competitions.

14. walkerjks

walkerjks Prince

Religious settlements. Met 2 religious CSs first, so +4 faith/turn got me there first. Also was enough (along with some other incidental faith) for 2 rock bands by the end of the game. Gilgamesh has a good chance at an early-ish relic as well, though I didn't get one.

Sweden won't work because without districts, you don't get any great people (I mean you can poach 1 or 2 using the +2 cards post-PP, but that's about it and you can't actually cash in most of the great people).

I think I would approach it using apocalypse mode. Science isn't nearly as important for a diplo win, so a focus on culture (for envoys, primarily), production and money (for numerous aid request competitions). Again, without districts, not sure who is best here. I might try this with Poundmaker as none of his bonuses are district dependent.

15. walkerjks

walkerjks Prince

Apocalypse mode diplomatic is just silly. Peacefully expand and then wait for enough aid projects to come along and pick up a few points by guessing right on the normal age stuff. I picked Poundmaker, but any civ would do. Aim for population, with some bias to production. Science and culture just don't matter that much.

16. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

There's a post on reddit today from a person who won a turn 379 diplomatic victory without even settling a city as the Maori: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/hw03rt/today_i_won_a_game_with_no_cities_at_all/. It was prince difficulty, but turn 379 isn't that much later than most deity AIs will win a space race.