Deity Pangea - EZ mode (take 2)

soundjata

reluctant warrior
So I was presented a sampsa special this morning.

Basically it's another pangea map with an another awesome leader.

You have all the commerce you could possibly dream of from the start thus cottages are prohibited.

It's still conquest only VC to prevent the player from doing culture shenanigans.

Here is the start
Spoiler :
Where to settle? On the cow?
Spoiler :

Haven't played any turn so I don't know if it is Mylene level of difficulty or on par with my skills (extreme luck required :smoke:)

Have fun.

Attachments

• Zara hates cottages BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
@sampsa

Spoiler :

(Before moving anything) - Ah crap, it may actually be best to settle on the gold this time around.

Last edited:
Well, 2N has some merit for drewisfat special (plains cow + gold).

Not sure why 1W1NW would be better, food is weak anyway and development isn't faster really.

Last edited:
T42 report
Spoiler :

Sweet SOG[tm] carried us through agri>animal>archery>wheel>writing.

Map should be rather easy (sorry Fippy:rotfl:) once the peninsula we seem to have as a backyard gets properly defended.
Spoiler :

Army : 1 scout, 2 warriors, 3 archers.

Only one worker (6 units = 0 expense :groucho:) who did a farm, 2 pastures, a road and a mine (in that order). Now is time to farm those juicy FPs :yumyum:

We need to start thinking of a way to create countless soldiers and conquer some.:hammer:

Here's a link to the thread about rah in Off-Topic, which is also basically a condolences thread:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rah-rest-in-peace-my-friend.662315/

Probably best not to derail soundjata's thread more on this sad topic.

Moderator Action: Sorry, have deleted the posts above concerning the death of forum member Rah. Please use the link above to express condolences as the one place at CFC for his family to find. Thank you for your understanding. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp. The number of replies show how difficult this map is.
The settings (no-cottages) make it very hard to play a sustainable game without doing something very special in the very beginning. Unfortunately, gold is not enough. No stone, no ivory make this a nightmare. I don't think this is the start to pursue any wonder.
Also, maybe Soundjata is ironic when he qualifies Zara as an "awesome leader"... I rank him in the bottom 5 somewhere with Genghis and Kublai and Roosevelt or someone...

t50 :
Spoiler :
There is one saving grace and that is copper.
I think the no-cottage setting changes tile evaluation quite a bit (food vs hammers, when you can't easily convert food into commerce)
And, therefore, City 2 goes north :

So, Gondar deprives Kublai of his "natural" copper source and from now on this is a choking game. Kublai has archers.
Level up units, pillage tiles, capture workers, etc. My invading axeman is a bit late, arguably, but I did settle 2 cities before committing (and the first axe had to fight barbs in the south).
EPs are set on Korea.
Tech path went : Agri, AH, Bronze, Wheel, Pottery, Writing.
Aksum : worker at size 4, settler, settler, axe, axe, barracks (and now axemen).

Axeman 1 will provide a stream of workers soon enough.
Lalibela : ignores the floodplains. They are fine tiles but I'd rather get the deer and forests.
Lalibela and Gondar invest in granaries first, then will support Aksum.

Still only two workers. Without chopping into wonders, there's not much use for a self-made worker army.

Mid-term : Mongolian gems and Calendar could be decent sources of commerce.

Top Bottom