1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Photojournal - Siam, new Statecraft, Diplomatic Victory, 12-6-1 version

Discussion in 'Playthroughs and Photojournals' started by Owlbebach, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Edit .modinfo with any text editor:
    Code:
      <Dependencies>
        <Mod id="24923240-e4fb-4bf6-8f0e-6e5b6cf4d3c2" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)" />
        <Dlc id="6DA07636-4123-4018-B643-6575B4EC336B" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
      </Dependencies>

The DLC line is there already, you need to add MOD line. I actually put that in Dependencies not References because this version is strictly for EUI.

tu_79 likes this.
  2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Something's not going well in steam workshop. I've subscribed to the VP with EUI version, but nothing downloads. If I subscribe to any other mod, it downloads properly.

3. Matutin

Matutin Warlord

What effect has the edit of modinfo? I'm already using the city view mod, without deleting anything...

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Well, if Improved City View loads after (6a), then none - that is the way how it should work. However, once you start to shuffle around your mods, that order may reverse. Then ICV will stop working. Those lines assure that no matter what you do, ICV will always load after (6a) and will work.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

No idea. I noticed however that sometimes I had to quit Civ5, and restart Steam. Then Civ5 loaded new mods. Also, clearing cache might help, as usual.

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I subscribed now to Improved City View (EUI), not the version designed for Vox Populi, and it seems to be working fine. It's just so neat.

7. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I seems to me that there was some trick, you need to delete or replace something or set some ingame settings, but i do not remember. Try to search this forum maybe. Also i do not use edit of modinfo, but works fine for me with several other mods

8. Magean

Magean Prince

Thanks a lot for this very instructive playthrough!

Couple points:
    1) @Owlbebach, you mentioned in one of your mods that reloading a save caused you to loose a turn because you played in MP mod. A friend and I had the same problem playing LAN, we eventually solved it by saving twice, erasing the first save with the second one. I have no idea why it works, but it solved the problem.

2) Does anyone remember from past debates why luxuries are revealed from turn 1 while bonus resources aren't? Why not the other way around, or both at the same time? What was the argument?

9. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Yea i know that, i meant that i can't abuse autosaves. In Single you can just load previous turn, in MP you can't