1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Players, How Many Victories Have You Achieved So Far?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CelJaded, Oct 27, 2016.

1. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

I'm just curious about how people are finding Deity difficulty in Civ VI at the moment. What are your thoughts? Easier? Harder? More balanced? More enjoyable?

I have a turn 277 cultural victory with Scythia and a turn 315 scientific win with Germany so far. The game feels easier than Civ V at this level, but you've got to watch your back with those combat penalties as they can be a killer in the early game.

2. Falk

Falk Prince

I'm not playing Deity until we've got some patches. There are several exploits at the moment and the AI is hardly a challenge in many games. Playing Deity now feels like cheating to be honest. ;)

3. Gicusan

Gicusan Chieftain

I still have to finish my first emperor game. It is a win but I am stretching it to check the game some more (while I am ahead :lol: ). Then will go for deity. I dont feel prepared but I feel Civ got to the point (in the last 2 releases) where you dont have to really understand all the innards and tricks of the game to do it. In civ 3 or 4, it took many months and research for most of us in order to beat deity.

Tell us about your experiences. How was it?

4. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

Well, some elements are very similar to Civ V in how the game plays out. Getting Stonehenge for instance seems to be impossible as it's usually gone by turn 25 and an early rush from a hostile neighbour can quickly end in your run if you're not prepared. Just hope it isn't someone like Gilgamesh as War Carts + combat bonus pretty much equals GG in most cases.

In both my games I looked to be massively behind in tech compared to the AIs (Gorgo entered the information era whilst I was still in the Industrial), but they seemed to take their sweet time about actually winning. The technology slider (that shows everyone's position in the tech tree) must be a bit off as my opponents must have spent 50 turns or so ahead of me in the Information era and yet showed no sign of actually pursuing a victory. It makes me think how positions are calculated as I didn't notice any of them approaching any sort of victory even around turn 300; no space projects, tourism leaders, or anything.

Of course I'm not going to suggest Deity is too easy after only a couple of games, but I do think a tune-up is needed somewhere like @Falk has said.

I'm keen to try a religious victory next, but you have to be fast as lightning to get a Great Prophet on Deity!

5. The_Reckoning

The_Reckoning Prince

Only took one half-finished domination victory to know that the AI will never stop me, because once again it can't handle the game. Haven't played since.

6. Qin Shi Hung

Qin Shi Hung Chieftain

I one once, a science victory around turn 280, then went back to emperor. Just trying to launch before turn 200 without exploits. (Getting closer...)

Deity has too many units and I get tired of slogging through the hordes, and even in massive numbers with combat bonuses they still don't pose a threat.

7. Ruszel

Ruszel Chieftain

Just finished cultural victory with Gorgo (Deity), on quick speed.

I had to restrain myself not to make it a science win, even though I have neglected campuses throughout the whole game.

It definitely feels much easier than Civ5 to me, where I really had to try hard and get some luck to make it happen. In Civ6, AI's combat "skills" just seem to take away any serious challenge.

If you can only survive the first 50 turns or so (which is not that hard), it is pretty much your choice which way you wanna win. Maybe except religous victory, which feels a bit harder, because of the AI bonuses, and the fact that you need to prioritize it from the start not to be left in the dust in the prophet race.

Either way, I will now probably stop playing Civ6 for a while. Hopefully, some patches and mods can make it more challenging and less irritating in the near future.
    (give me more info and don't make me click 3 times more than necessary!)

CelJaded likes this.