Deity snowballers discussion

Wow I feel like in most games I am not even close to competing for Medieval or Renaissance wonders, except for Pisa which is normally left alone.
I find that Pisa Tower into Porcelain Tower is pretty achievable if you skip gunpowder and really focus on science.

Notre Dame is buildable (China is the only AI who takes the tech consistently). Later on Louvre and Eiffel Tower are both competitive but very much possible.

I think it depends a lot on what AIs are in the game. Some wonders are left so I normally build something, just without the option to pick much. They are pretty risky though, if the AI wants them you mostly can't compete. I don't any of them are really needed though.

I feel like too many of the wonders have steep culture requirements. Some should keep those, and some should loose them entirely.

After playing the early game a lot and really focusing on social policies, I think this thread wasn't that accurate, many of my own comments included.

• Tradition when executed well is extremely powerful. Tradition's high production capital is really good at building wonders and denying wonders to AI can be very important.
  • Authority has a lot of drawbacks, especially science.
  • Progress is overall flexible and balanced, but just falls a bit short. I actually agree with others who said that it's overall the weakest (but not by much). However I think some coming changes can easily address that.

I agree with this.

I did finally manage a peaceful tradition victory with Ethiopia. Tradition on deity seems to need to stay pretty small to keep up on the culture requirement in the early game.

Authority has a high ceiling but can still lose the game to a tradition snowballer on the other side of the map.

Top Bottom