[Deity] Stairway to Heaven #3: Hatshepsut of Egypt (Pangaea)

pomthom

Drive & Reverb
Salut les Deity Dudes.

After the backstab fail at my first game on Deity with Mansa and the self-stab fail of Pacal II vs Pope Monty the 1st we're off to my 3rd Deity attempt. This time I'll read twice every Apostilic Palace pop-up...

A little thanks to these dudes that have actively read, commented, sighed over my stuff, it's been a great help (by order of appearance): Quibblesome, BornInCantaloup, georgjorge, ben-jammin, Doshin, RagingHordes, Fippy, Sun Tzu Wu, shakabrade, sampsa, vranasm (hope I didn't forget anybody or spelled wrong or somethin').

Let's get back on track.

Here's our #1 Dudette (Her Dudetteness):

Our start:

And the settings:
Spoiler :

So here's our situation:

Warrior 1SE will obviously reveal most tiles, I don't really see what else we could do with the dude.

It's a pretty good start, just missing a bit of forest. Not afraid of going AH thanks to the War Chariot obviously.

SIP looks ok, going North seems pointless, South maybe? Warrior move will tell.

What are your thoughts?

As usual you can shadow of course, just remember to spoiler map info that I haven't come across yet!

-----------------------------

Turnsets:
Spoiler :
Turn 0: first Warrior move
Turns 0 - 21 (3160 BC): settle and explore
Turns 22 - 52 (1920 BC): 2nd city
Turns 53 - 65 (1400 BC): expansion (3rd city + other settler)
Turns 66 - 83 (800 BC): agressive expansion up to 5 cities with room for fillers, Alpha is in
Turns 84 - 93 (550 BC): to Currency
Turns 94 - 119 (100 AD) +part2: city backfill, set-up of Trojan city
Turns 120 - 133 (450 AD): steal/tech to Education, prepare Engineering war VS Darius
Turns 134 - 145 (700 AD) +part2: difficult start of a Treb/Mace/WE war VS Darius, 1 turn from Libersalism
Turns 146 - 156 (920 AD): Lib Nationalism, massive draft+whip phase to push the war
Turns 157 - 169 (1090 AD): Darius is conquered
Turns 170 - 188 (1280 AD): post-war recovery, transition to hammer economy and full espionage to catch up on Gandhi
Final turnset, part1 +part2 +part3: surprise DoW from Gandhi followed by a bee-line to nukes and a 1575 UN win (backed by nuclear weapons)

Attachments

• STH#3 Initial BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29 KB · Views: 265
I agree with Fippy. Move the warrior to the PH 1SE and post another screenshot. That should give us a better idea on where to settle.

I see, you're all eyeing ph spot. I don't think I'd move there unless it has another corn&pig combo for itself. SiP. Maybe I'm wrong..

I see, you're all eyeing ph spot. I don't think I'd move there unless it has another corn&pig combo for itself. SiP. Maybe I'm wrong..

I'm thinking to move the warrior to the PH to see what is south of the settler. I'm not proposing to settle the PH... yet. :mischief:

EDIT: As you say, we'd have to see somthing good to move away from the corn/pigs.

I was so happy to see your new game.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

You should consider on Spices. But when you do, also consider:
1. You lose 1 turn. (with the production loss of the city tile etc.)
2. You delay Corn farm by 1 turn.

I don't know... to me it's a significant production downside.
Btw, you might be happy to see Pigs with this Civilization. :)

My opinion: I normally settle aggressively, but here SIP looks very strong. Farm Corn, jump straight to Pig. I would be happy. :)

lol ok ok if everybody agrees, I'll move the poor fellow!

Warrior 1SE:
Spoiler :

Hmm... Don't know if you guys noticed but we can see a little something to the East:
Spoiler :

1 off-coast! (1 tile only) Not a big deal but I hope I'm not screwing myself over some Sushi if I SIP. This puts settling on brown Spices into perspective...

Wouldn't say it's a no-brainer but it's hard to argue against a very solid SIP I think.

Anyway, I'm off to bed!
:sleep:

Oooh, one of my favourite leaders! And great job keeping up the will to succeed at this level...

The blue circle from the settler also often tells you where coast is, as the game loves to recommend settling there.

Settle in place looks totally fine to me, with the layout of the map you should be able to use any seafood with other cities. If you're overly concerned about that, you could settle 1NW of the settler as well for one less floodplain but the same food specials (and a better block of seaside cities).

I don't know if Animal Husbandry is required early here or if the Pigs should be mined for faster Bronze Working, I would leave that choice open until exploring a bit more (you have four or five turns until you have to select your first tech). Of course the War Chariot is overpowered and always good for stomping a neighbour or two on Pangea, but after playing a number of games with Hatty I found it to be neither a good learning experience nor very fun to do those rushes.

Keep trying buddy! You have my support! SiP, I'd say. BTW, did Montezuma get the Diplo victory on your Stairway to Heaven game?? Oh no.. You'll show him who is the boss this time!! Praise the WC!! Umm.. Just meant War Chariots, don't get me wrong :lol:!

Keep trying buddy! You have my support! SiP, I'd say. BTW, did Montezuma get the Diplo victory on your Stairway to Heaven game?? Oh no.. You'll show him who is the boss this time!! Praise the WC!! Umm.. Just meant War Chariots, don't get me wrong :lol:!
Yup it was that game alright. Thanks for the support!

lol ok ok if everybody agrees, I'll move the poor fellow!

Warrior 1SE:
Spoiler :

Hmm... Don't know if you guys noticed but we can see a little something to the East:
Spoiler :

1 off-coast! (1 tile only) Not a big deal but I hope I'm not screwing myself over some Sushi if I SIP. This puts settling on brown Spices into perspective...

Wouldn't say it's a no-brainer but it's hard to argue against a very solid SIP I think.

Anyway, I'm off to bed!
:sleep:

As I said in your other thread, deity pang with visible shoreline... I move on the ph 1N of corn. Mining-bw and chop settlers to block land and later backfill. gl

As I said in your other thread, deity pang with visible shoreline... I move on the ph 1N of corn. Mining-bw and chop settlers to block land and later backfill. gl
Hm I see but it really doesn't fit with how I roll... :(

AH->mining->BW->pottery->writing. Expand aggressively with whips and chops, creative should allow you to block off a better chunk of land than usual on Pangea and spiritual will keep you safe. Cottage spam in the capital+helper cities will fund the expansion. Quick libraries, too.

No need to abuse WCs, Hatty is a strong leader already.

AH->mining->BW->pottery->writing. Expand aggressively with whips and chops, creative should allow you to block off a better chunk of land than usual on Pangea and spiritual will keep you safe. Cottage spam in the capital+helper cities will fund the expansion. Quick libraries, too.

No need to abuse WCs, Hatty is a strong leader already.
Had decided on something like that.

Yeah I'd like to do a Lib game for once... tired of losing games of BC wars that I don't know how to handle :)

I think SIp seems like best, gives you 5 flood plains, a lot of food and 3 hills for production, you will have troubles to find happy for the citizens you need in capital

there is only one problem with egypt leaders.... if you go ah straight and don't find horses right away :). it's always kinda "meh :-(" situation.

the area is kinda deforested... which doesn't scream to me for hidden resources.

I think rarely plan techs too far ahead on Deity.
If you should find no horsies, and if there's much land around, going mining + BW afterwards is risky.
Then if you should have no copper as well, you are late on archery cos you do not have stuff like gold mines, and also no fast PH start for many fog busters.

I think rarely plan techs too far ahead on Deity.
If you should find no horsies, and if there's much land around, going mining + BW afterwards is risky.
Then if you should have no copper as well, you are late on archery cos you do not have stuff like gold mines, and also no fast PH start for many fog busters.
Are you trying to shed my already-hanging-by-a-thread hope of winning to little pieces of papyrus?? :D

Ok so AH first then reconsider.

But what do you mean by "risky"? Do you mean that if no Horses around, going BW for hope of defense is a gamble because many turns have gone by and I still don't have the beginning of an economy because no Pottery?

Top Bottom