[BTS] Deity stumbling III

Snowbird

Prince
Okay, so I fount enough time and guts up to play up deity again. Most likely that will not end nice.

My guesses would be - eaten by barbs, boxed to two cities, loosing the war. Most likely one of these.

Start is below:
Spoiler :

I think scout 1E1SE, if nothing move onto plainhill to get the fish (that would suck for production, but no food sucks even more). (alternatively move scout onto wine hill? -- don't know deforested initial cross would suggest more resources )
p.s. The lower cow is marked as fresh water

Tokugawa of Celtia (maybe should have modded in as minor civ, but can't recall the proper way doint at the moment)
Tectonics (wet, 60% water), no events, no huts, unrestricted leaders (I do not play with restricted leaders normally - too boring). My memories about tectonics is that, it is rather wild card map -- although it does seems I've got deal of very brown portion of it.

Attachments

• Snow BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    41.1 KB · Views: 48
Honestly, that looks butt ugly -- unless there are about 3 golds, 4 gems and 2 wet corns when you settle on the plains hill wine.

I'd reroll, but if you want a tough game, go right ahead! :D

Well, AI is not any good in handling mass plains either. So far found marble, gold and decent amount of food -- in my book it is okay in tectonics.

Moved scout found wet wheat, moved settler downish and then so that i could get all the food (early commerce will suck, however).

Teched - Agriculture, took some time until Louis of Russia found me (two scouts, must be some narrow passage).
Spoiler :

Went AH next. no other AI, i think doom by barbs is most likely. (probably should tech archery just to be on the safe side)
Spoiler :

up to t48:
Spoiler :

Figured, that between being aggressive and having way more hammers than commerce archery was not good thing - went mining, wheel instead.

3000BC seems tad to early for barb cities...

Doubtfully secure land (eastern warrior should go back to second city -- moving him likely was poor idea to start with, i have no plans i barb archer pays a visit).

I think further techs are between dishing/potery/BW--- fromn these BW is least likely. No AI's showing up from the west... So far saw one archer (died on Louis scout and one warrior).

Size 5comes from part building Stonehenge (settler overflow+couple turns). 41 gold should come in next turn. I think gold is better than most of worker at this point, imho.

Currently, I'm trying to understand WTF barbs doing in this game (will write up in details later)"
Spoiler :

Problem is i had three of my own....

So barbs made some sort of 2 archer convoy, which ignored scout, worker and scared horsehocky out of me(they also went around the sheep):
Spoiler :

I tried replaying and it actually was rather similar (barb city happened in NE, so archers were sent from there). I loaded WB (figured I pretty much can foresee where 3xgold+land leads, while figuring things might actually be interesting) - seems that something happened to barb city garison (can barbs be on strike?)

Top Bottom