[Deity] The Beefeater (Stan/Norm/Fractal/NH/NE)

georgjorge

Deity Wannabe
It's been a while since we got to experience some authentic Fractal Deity fun, so here is an interesting map for all of us to play.

Random leader gives us:

Nearly too good for these kind of games? We'll see...

Settings:

In case your German isn't so good (I just noticed that's what the language is): Fractal, Cylindrical Wrap, Standard, Temperate, Medium Sea Level, Normal.

I attached two saves, one with BUFFY (which was used to originally generate the map) and one without (thanks to kossin for providing it).

And the start...

Beef and seafood don't go together too well, but sometimes you have to take what's there...or do you?

Attachments

• DeGaulle.png
    DeGaulle.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 598
  • Settings.png
    Settings.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 569
  • De Gaulle start.jpg
    De Gaulle start.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 570
  • Fractal DeGaulle 4000BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    38.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Fractal DeGaulle 4000BC NOBUFFY.CivBeyondSwordSave
    27.5 KB · Views: 27
Sorry but no more Buffy for me outside gotm, terrible mod at least for my comp.

Open with BUFFY, zoom in as much as possible into settler, open World Builder, save in WB, exit the game, switch civ to BUG/BULL and open the map as scenario, play.

It takes around one minute, loading time included.

If you cuir rush it (wouldn't you do anything else :p) in 5 hours it's 1/300th part of the playtime. Or 0,00333%. That can't be a reason not to play this map. Especially since you have all the mods installed already.

My reason for not playing this map in at least 16-17 days is simply lack of free time as I still attend university and have some exams and projects to complete.

Sorry but no more Buffy for me outside gotm, terrible mod at least for my comp.

Using the information shaka gave, I've updated the first post with a non-BUFFY Worldbuilder save.

My reason for not playing this map in at least 16-17 days is simply lack of free time as I still attend university and have some exams and projects to complete.

So do I, but you don't see me shirking my Civ duties for that ;). Instead I shirk my university duties.

Whatever Shaka, very friendly post indeed.

Actually, it is. I've just reduced my smiley count. You have to believe moi is friendly.

And you have to know I like being a provocative and annoying smart-as* (especially in RL). And that I simply ignore people worthy of ignoring. And then it all fits.

And you are very sweet when you roll your eyes.

So do I, but you don't see me shirking my Civ duties for that . Instead I shirk my university duties.

Moi has mouths to feed. If I didn't, I'd join you in slacking. Me needs to grow up and be a man like Leonidas.

I am looking forward to seeing why this map is special. Maybe I could squeeze an hour or two until 1AD. Never gonna be Leonidas, I guess.

Thanks for posting this map. I'll give it a shot after I'm finished with a Ragnar game that I'm playing. It's a fun map, maybe I'll post it once the dust has settled from this one.

Wouhou, Shaka :love: Fippy! :popcorn:

Kid will call Shaka "Papa Duck" and Fippy "My Phoenix" :x

You've btw. also already ignored me once Shaka, and being confident is punished by Fippy, so watch your back ^^ .

I draw my confidence outside of this domain so I cannot be threatened. Mwahaha

BTW, I am still very happy with my wife and a kid.

You've btw. also already ignored me once Shaka

Mhm, actually I don't remember/get this. Clarifications?

Using the information shaka gave, I've updated the first post with a non-BUFFY Worldbuilder save.

There are a few more modifications required than that.

>>You have to set the AIs as unplayable by the human.
>>Add a few techs to barb (Archery being the big one; Agriculture, TW, Mining and Hunting are the others).

Attachments

• Wonderwhore BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    27.5 KB · Views: 35
I draw my confidence outside of this domain so I cannot be threatened. Mwahaha

BTW, I am still very happy with my wife and a kid.

Oh, that is very good, less work for me. I just have to wait until your kid grows up, and believe me, your kid will own you :D . (Kids always own the older one's at some point, because they learn just so much faster) .

Mhm, actually I don't remember/get this. Clarifications?

Must have been just a coincidence. You once posted about feeling really bad when playing CIV, yet, still keep playing. My answer towards that wasn't the best, as I said "just one more turn" , expressing that we all know this behaviour.

I btw. gave you a reason justifying one more turn with last HoF update Shaka, wondered that you didn't react to that too ;) . (Beat your entry for best non-Incan Standard / Normal game, played with a normal start and think I even turned Huts of, so now you can always say "have to reclaim that spot again, have to reclaim that spot again" to yourself ;) . I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be easy for you, so that you would really have a lot of time to continue playing, so I really put some effort in that game to ensure it stays there for a while, I hope you appreciate that :> ) .

I btw. gave you a reason justifying one more turn with last HoF update Shaka, wondered that you didn't react to that too . (Beat your entry for best non-Incan Standard / Normal game, played with a normal start and think I even turned Huts of, so now you can always say "have to reclaim that spot again, have to reclaim that spot again" to yourself . I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be easy for you, so that you would really have a lot of time to continue playing, so I really put some effort in that game to ensure it stays there for a while, I hope you appreciate that :> ) .

Ha, indeed. I didn't notice since Gandalf's game with Inca is still the first.

But there are differences with our games:
1) You have huts on
2) You have barbs off
3) You have BFC horses while I claimed them with my 2nd city after fogbusting phase (which also had garrison because of barbs)
4) You have BFC gold Me too. Or I got it when I moved to PH. Anyway, I had it too.
5) You were playing micro pangaea (toroidal and even generated an island)
6) You have maximum number of AIs lowering domination threshold and ensuring that there are no runaways + AIs weaken themselves with early wars
7) I won domination by accident, it was meant to be a conquest game. You can see that I have even gifted back one third of my cities trying to prevent that. Domination could have been achieved much much sooner.
8) It was my first and only HoF game ever (and first attempt).
9) And you have events on which can lead to earlier wars when you have 10 AIs boxed in (faux pais, iIrc).

Not the same game at all.
Still, that is hell of a date. I don't think I'd beat it in first couple of tries.

My goal was playing normal S&T game which would just make HoF look like people are trying. At that time, the earliest conquest was Cabert's modern start game 1994AD conquest. My goal was pre 1500AD conquest.

If you want even better date, use Classical start and all the settings you have already used.

You'll see that I am avoiding real competition since that would draw me into addiction. Therefore, I am avoiding both GOTM and HoF. HoF especially, since it takes more RL time. If everything goes well with my life, I'll have some time for HoFfing in 20 years.:)

But, since that'd make you happy, if it happens that I am bored and have no S&T games to play, I'll try to beat you.:)

Comparisson

There are a few more modifications required than that.

>>You have to set the AIs as unplayable by the human.
>>Add a few techs to barb (Archery being the big one; Agriculture, TW, Mining and Hunting are the others).

Thanks a lot, I'll update the first post with your save.

Great leader, Great starting techs, Great start!
3x suspicious...

Hmm...I like Plainscows somewhat, but I think we have different views on what constitutes a great start ;). I was very tempted to just move the settler around for some turns in search of real food.

Hmm...I like Plainscows somewhat, but I think we have different views on what constitutes a great start ;). I was very tempted to just move the settler around for some turns in search of real food.

:eek:
What do you mean?
Food, check!
Production, check!
Commerce, OMG - we even have commerce! :dance around:
Don't take it personally, but uhmyumyumyum :yumyum: ... this start is a REAL TREAT! compared to others in this series:rolleyes:

I've been playing way too much civ this week. 5 games with 4 wins, 1 loss (the Isabella Fractal game posted here a few days ago, where barbarians kicked my ass). Total hours spent about 50.

While I think I can put a good fight against Deity now, there's still so much I don't know about the game, and some things feel out of my control. I have to get out of the habit of storming through games, and stop to think about my decisions to get better at this game.

I'm trying to force myself play this one more slowly, playing in short turnsets that I write reports about here.

Here's my situation and plans in T20 (3200BC):
Spoiler :

I moved my warrior on the hill to gain as much visibility of the area as possible. No other direction would've given me information that would've affected my settling decision.

I contemplated on settling 1E to save the forest I was sitting on. I would have had the same number of river tiles, but didn't know what's 3E. I prefer the 2 grasslands behind the hills to the unknown. I also feared I might lose a hidden resource or settle on one by moving.

...so I settled in place.
Spoiler :

With the fish and the plains cow, I decided to tech AH -> Fishing while building a worker. Then a couple of warriors to fogbust, and a workboat. If I have no horses, I'll have to go Hunting -> Archery afterwards. I'll need Hunting anyway (for my 2nd city at the Banana location), but I teched AH straight away to have the cow improved asap.

On turn 4 I met this guy:
Spoiler :

Animal Hunsbandry in:
Spoiler :

Oh yes, horses. Barbarians will get it now. :hammer:

And here's the situation on turn 20.
Spoiler :

My plan is to finish building that warrior (1 turn), build a workboat, work the clams and the cow to grow to size 3 and build a chariot. After that a settler and a worker to settle 1W of the banana. The bananas will be farmed, the city will grow to size 2 and keep working the bananas and then improved elephants. Eventually the city can help the capital grow 4 cottages.

Tech plans: Pottery (sped up by Fishing) -> Writing (road into SB. He seems to be pretty close)

But there are differences with our games:
1) You have huts on
2) You have barbs off
3) You have BFC horses while I claimed them with my 2nd city after fogbusting phase (which also had garrison because of barbs)
4) You have BFC gold Me too. Or I got it when I moved to PH. Anyway, I had it too.
5) You were playing micro pangaea (toroidal and even generated an island)
6) You have maximum number of AIs lowering domination threshold and ensuring that there are no runaways + AIs weaken themselves with early wars
7) I won domination by accident, it was meant to be a conquest game. You can see that I have even gifted back one third of my cities trying to prevent that. Domination could have been achieved much much sooner.
8) It was my first and only HoF game ever (and first attempt).
9) And you have events on which can lead to earlier wars when you have 10 AIs boxed in (faux pais, iIrc).

Not the same game at all.
Still, that is hell of a date. I don't think I'd beat it in first couple of tries.

My goal was playing normal S&T game which would just make HoF look like people are trying. At that time, the earliest conquest was Cabert's modern start game 1994AD conquest. My goal was pre 1500AD conquest.

If you want even better date, use Classical start and all the settings you have already used.

You'll see that I am avoiding real competition since that would draw me into addiction. Therefore, I am avoiding both GOTM and HoF. HoF especially, since it takes more RL time. If everything goes well with my life, I'll have some time for HoFfing in 20 years.:)

But, since that'd make you happy, if it happens that I am bored and have no S&T games to play, I'll try to beat you.:)

Comparisson

Aha, so you wanted to make the HoF appear in a bad light, Shaka, or you wanted to even make the players playing for HoF appear in a bad light :) . Now, it looks like you (or let me generalize, "all S&T'ers " :D) are trying. They're trying to configure their maps right, when they could simply come towards me or one of the other players playing for HoF, who would help them! It's obvious, that I did a superior job when configuring the map I played (though some things like random events really don't matter, because their impact on the game is basically non-existant, especially with the really good events getting disabled by BUFFY, and tbh, many of the other things you mentioned don't matter too, but I agree that i. e. the "micro-pangaea feature" makes an extreme difference) , while you, the leader of the S&T community, had really bad intentions :D .

I really find you shouldn't be allowed to play with Hatty, you're only using her for your cause, while I, uhm, I chose Hatty because she asked me nicely, I think she said "plz, Seraiel, that shaka guy is no good, he has a child and a family and yet still, he plays Civilization, instead of simply working himself to death so that his child could. Plz Seraiel, stop this, I'm made for something special, you'll cook (the map) and I'll kill (everyone on it), kk?"
She did say something, I'm sure, I just don't remember exactly what it was, because I'm having problems listening sometimes.

So you, listen: Trying to make HoF look bad :nono: You know where this leads to. Players would say that play for HoF is just wastintime, that HoFers just play kaitzillian amounts of games, even in summer when the suntzuwu is shining, so don't mess seraieliously around, your married!

Way to make HoF look good in an unrelated thread, Seraiel (my friend)! Well, the funniness of it all saves face. At least on my side, discussion APPROVED! :thumbsup:

Edit: You know, I find myself very raunchy every time I lay eyes on Hatty. Which makes me read kossin's posts with a high degree of excitement. :lol:

Way to make HoF look good in an unrelated thread, Seraiel (my friend)! Well, the funniness of it all saves face. At least on my side, discussion APPROVED! :thumbsup:

Edit: You know, I find myself very raunchy every time I lay eyes on Hatty. Which makes me read kossin's posts with a high degree of excitement. :lol:

I'm unfortunately having problems understanding that, with english not being my native language.

What does "the fuuniness of it all saves face mean" ? Shaka and me are friends, I wouldn't make him appear in a bad light, unless maybe, he forced me to babysit his child when I just were playing a new highscore approach.

I know now what "saving face" means, there's a very similar expression in germany, saying "to let someone keep his face" , meaning he can still show it afterwards.

Regarding the last: kossin obviously only chose hatty because in canada (kossin lives in canada, right? if not, this owns Tachywaxon, so not bad either this owns Tachywaxon simultainously :D) , they have women like Celine Dion, Hatty is more the silent type, which, when comparing to Celine Dion is something every man would wish for ;) . JK

I mean, just look at those RagingHordes that are at Celine's concerts and try to make up for her singing by being louder than her.

Top Bottom