Deity Time Victory Strategy (Small/Hub/Peace/Ren)

cv431410

Warlord
Deity Time Victory Strategy (Small/Hub/Peace/Ren)

Summary
1. Beyond the Swords (BTS)
1.1 Comments on AI
1.2 Deity AI Advantage
1.3 Goals
1.4 My Niche
1.5 Setting
1.6 Restriction
2. Introduction
2.1 Overall Game Strategy
2.2 Overall Expansion Strategy
2.3 Overall Happiness/Health Strategy
2.4 Building Strategy
2.5 Great Person
2.6 Sushi Co.
2.7 Creative Co., a Horror Weapon without Counterpart
3. Research
4. The Strategy
5. Tactics
5.1 Fast Expansion/Ancient
5.2 Fast Expansion/ Renaissance
5.3. Size-40 Capital
5.4 Great Person Production
5.5. City Management
5.6 Culture Bomb
5.7 Research
5.8 Growing Cities
5.9 Great Merchants
6. Examples
7. Reference

Summary

This is a "always peace" game. This is a game all about research, culture, and expansion, so this is a builder’s game. In particular, corporations are the key to win Deity time victory.

1. Beyond the Swords (BTS)

BTS introduces corporations, which is so powerful that the BTS late game is completely changed.

There are seven corporations. The two most powerful corporations are Sushi Co. and Creative Co. Once you get these two corporations, you win the deity game. The reverse is also true; once you lost these two, winning the Deity Time-game is not likely.

1.1 Comments on AI

Early in the game, Deity AI research is much faster, but for whatever reason, Deity AI seems to pay more attention to world wonders than corporation, which is a fatal mistake.

1.2 Deity AI Advantage

In addition to 1 more settler and several more workers, Deity AI has the following advantages:

· Technologies cost less (40 – 50 % less?).
. Culture creation is 40% - 50% more.
· Building and Units cost less (40 – 50 % less?).
· Happiness costs less (40 – 50 %?).
· Inflation, city, and civic upkeep, upgrade cost less (40 – 50 %?).
· Health costs less (40 – 50 %?).
· Cities grow faster (40 – 50 % less food? (Deity AI takes 7 food growth the first size and it will take you 14)).

As a result, the Deity AI will lead in tech the first two thirds of the game, and you will lead the last one third the game.

1.3 Goals

What are your goals?

That depends on the setting. In this game, we will use a small map, fast speed, & 5 players.

For the Deity game, we expect the game to end with 5000 – 6000 points, which is about 1000 points ahead of the Deity AI. We expect the research to be around 2500/turn; and we expect to research 10 future technologies, which in turn, provide 10 happiness and 10 health points.

For Immortal game, we expect the game to end with 7000 – 9000 points, which is about 3000 - 4000 points ahead of the Immortal AI. We expect the research to be around 4000/turn; and we expect to research 20 future technologies, which in turn, provides 20 happiness and 20 health points.

Deity AI is much harder than Immortal AI.

1.4 My Niche

Well, as many Deity Guides have shown before, some balance has to be found:

(1) Select an era that you can expand rapidly.

Not all eras allow you to expand rapidly. For fast early expansion, two eras stand out: Ancient and Renaissance. Ancient game is 350 turns; Renaissance game starts on turn 132 and ends on turn 350. We will select the Renaissance game.

(2) Select a map that allows you fast expansion and allows you to make sushi (fish, rice, ...).

1.5 Setting

ALWAYS PEACE
Difficulty: Deity
Speed: Quick
World Size: Small
Map: Hub
Leader: Imp/Fin *
Teaming: 3v3
Era: Renaissance

* Civics Consideration.

(1) City Maintenance

For city Maintenance, the civics are Financial and Organized. Because of the corporation consideration, Financial is better.

(2) Great Guys

Philosophical gives +100% great guys generations. This is nice to have, but it can be replaced by pacifism.

(3) Spiritual
Because many civics are required, no anarchy will help. Spiritual Leaders is “nice to have”, but not a “must have”.

Hereditary Rule/ Bureaucracy/ Cast System/ Mercantilism /Pacifism

First change after liberalism
Free Speech/Free religion

Second change Emancipation
Representation/Emancipation/Free Market

(4) Imperialistic

Must have for early grabbing maximun amount of tiles; it it not something "nice to have".

Final selection: Imp/Fin.

1.6 Restriction

Sushi is made of rice and seafood: no rice, no seafood, no sushi.

So, hub is chosen to maximize sushi.

2. Introduction

2.1 Overall Game Strategy

Corporation is the key for Time Victory (and culture victory, and … ). If possible, grab all seven. I have never seen a corporation that I did not like.

Here are the corporation requirements:

(1) Sushi/Medicine/Merchant
(2) Creative/Combustion/Engineer

Along the way, you will have:

Mining/Rail Road/Engineer

The next wave of corporations is:

Aluminum / Rocket / Scientist
Jeweler /Mass media /Artist

The last wave of corporations is:

Cereal / Refrigeration / Merchant
Ethanol / Plastics /Scientist

This determines what you do in the entire game:

(1) Sushi/Medicine/Merchant

Get Sushi/Medicine/Merchant.

(2) Creative/Combustion/Engineer

Get Creative/Combustion/Engineer.

If you have done early expansion right, the game is won at this point.

2.2 Overall Expansion Strategy

There are four phases of expansions. Phase I and Phase III proceed at such a ferocious speed and the research slide can reach 0%.

Phase I. 5 settlers and 7 workers in 20 turns.

Please refer to the last section and see how this is done.

The first three cities are:

Capital, Size 35 – 40 with Global Theater and National Park, is “GPF”. As soon as the city is found, use the cast system to produce artists.

City 2 is a Production city, which is also the headquarters of Mining Co and production-based national wonders.

City 3 is the headquarters of Sushi Co. and Creative Co. With 4G/turn for each of the corporation branch, Wall Street, bank, …, will go here.

The next two settlers, in combination with great two artists, will be used to grab land. After the initial placements city-4 and city-5, we expect to advance another 7 tiles beyond city-4 and city-5: 4 tiles forward in Phase II and 3 tiles forward in Phase IV.

This phase ends with strategically placed cities with culture bomb. Because several cities are very far away, the research slide can hit 0%.

Phase II Expansion

As soon as the science slide recovers to about 60%, Phase II starts.

Culture bomb of the front cities secure the next ring of cities.

Let A be your city and B be a Deity AI’s city.

Phase I looks like this:

A0000000B

Phase II looks like this:

A000A000B

Phase IV looks like this:

A000A000B
00000000A

Given enough time, you will flip the city and it will looks like this:

A000A000A
00000000A

So in Phase II, you will advance another four tiles on top of Phase I.

Back fills your own internal space; you will have a dozen cities by now. By the end of this phase, there will be no major land left.

At this point, all cities are doing research and research alone.

Phase III. Sushi.

Corporation is a form of expansion. Let us assume your city stops at size 10 and runs out of food. Sushi can provide 6F, which can easily grow the city to size 18 to 20; for example, two 2F-tiles and six 1F-tiles. That is equivalent to adding a whole city, with library, universities, … all built.

So, Phase III once again, proceeds at a ferocious speed; say reducing the science slide from 70% to 30%.

Phase IV. Grabbing Deity AI’s land.

In Phase IV, because of Sushi, some unfavorable places can be used to build cities; however, this phase is all about taking tiles from Deity AI with Creative Co. and Sushi Co. This combo, with the help of Aluminum Co. and Jewler Co., and some unintended great artist, can push Deity AI’s front line by four tiles, even flip a city or two.

Mining Co. conflicts with the combo of four: Creative Co. and Sushi Co. Aluminum Co. and Jewler Co.

2.3 Overall Happiness/Health Strategy

When you have twenty size-20 cities, where does the happiness and health come from?

Future technologies.

After researching 10 future technologies in 20 turns, all health and happiness problems are resolved.

2.4 Building Strategy

(1) Theaters.
All front line cities start with theater.

(2) Research.
Apart from that, the most important buildings are:

Library/Universities/ Observatory / Laboratory

(3) Corporations
Corporations require court in all cities, so build courts in all cities.

(4) Religion/Happiness Fillers
City 2, the production city, is responsible to add a happiness filler (preferably a warrior) in all of the first 7 - 8 cities and add religion to the first 7 – 8 cities for happiness. After that, a second “capital” with Forbidden City will be responsible for the happiness filler and spreading religions.

(5) Emancipation
You cannot run Cast System forever, thanks to Deity AI’s love for Emancipation, so you need buildings for great persons:

Library: 2 scientists
Theater: 2 artists
Market: 2 Merchants
…

(6) Financial
Being financial, in particular, Imp/Fin, banks are special buildings that will yield more. In addition, 5 banks are required for Wall Street.

(7) Happiness/ Health
At this point, as long as your cities are happy, do research; otherwise, keep up with happiness and health.

2.5 Great Person

The first two great guys are great artists.

I cannot tell you how many mistakes I have made here, the great person must be in place when the corporation technology is researched. This requires:

(1) Pay attention to great person production so you do not produce a wrong person;
(2) Keep the great persons; use them for the golden age and money only if they are the wrong great person.

A. The first wave consists of two great artists for culture bomb.

B. The second wave consists of 5 for corporation only:

· Sushi/Medicine/Merchant
· Creative/Combustion/Engineer

· Mining/Rail Road/Engineer

· Aluminum / Rocket / Scientist
· Jeweler /Mass media /Artist

So if you are greedy like me, you will need 5 great persons:

· Sushi/Merchant
· Creative/Engineer

· Mining/Engineer

· Aluminum /Scientist
· Jeweler /Artist

Right after the artist, it is paramount for you to secure a Merchant for Sushi. Thank god you are still in the Cast System, which will be over very soon. You can never have too many Merchants, who will finance corp expansion.

B1. Right after the first Merchant, switch great person production to engineers; two engineers are required for the Creative Co. and Mining Co. Chances are you will have a second Merchant. Do not use it for Golden Age; use it for foreign trade. You do not need an open border agreement to convert Merchant into money. Trade money in the most powerful city of the most powerful AI.

B2. If you already have:

· Sushi/Merchant
· Creative/Engineer

· Mining/Engineer

· Aluminum /Scientist
· Jeweler /Artist

And the next person is not a Merchant; use it for Golden Age.

C. The third wave of great persons consist of nothing but merchants used exclusively for foreign trade; however, because you are no longer running cast system, you have less control of the great person production.

The great scientists are used to build academies in capital, corporation headquarters, and other high science yield cities; the rest can be used for the second golden age.

Note that mining comes first; I will not use Engineers for mining unless I have two Engineers.

2.6 Sushi Co.

The power of the Sushi Co. is that it doubles your civilization in size at about half of the cost, provided you can make “sushi” (rice, fish, …)

If it takes you N hammers to create a city of size 10, the Sushi Co will, in a very short period, return you another “size 10 city” at a cost much lower than N hammers.

For example, if you have 10 cities, the effect of the Sushi Co. is to make it 20 cities; however, you have all of the benefits of 10 additional cities but only have a fraction of the maintenance cost and building cost (all buildings are already there). In addition, you double the “number” of cities in a very short period.

Because there is no land at this point, without Sushi Co., you cannot even expand, let alone expand at a ferocious speed and a fractional cost.

2.7 Creative Co., a Horror Weapon without Counterpart

The Creative Co. is an absolute killer; it will first push your opponent back four tiles and flip the city; then you add a city or take the flipped city and it will push your opponent back another 4 tiles, and this continues on and on, until the year 2050.

Nothing, not culture bomb, not other corporation or corporations can stop this; this is a horror weapon without counter.

3. Research

This game is a game of research, and finally we are here.
Research path is obviously not unique, but the goal is to get the following ASAP:

· Sushi/Medicine/Merchant
· Creative/Combustion/Engineer

The following path is merely for your consideration:

1. University/Liberalism
It is impossible to beat Deity AI on Liberalism, but I will do it anyway to switch civics.

2. and 3. Research/Production

For Research: Astronomy
For Production: Print Press/ Replaceable Part.

Capital and city 2 have no forests left from early expansion; but it will be a good idea to keep some forest for health. If I have many forests; these forests will be my production tiles so I will go for Print Press/ Replaceable Part; otherwise, I will go for Astronomy. I do not build mines at all, but I will replace windmills by mines when coal/ uranium / aluminum, … are revealed.

4. Emancipation

At this point, we probably delayed Emancipation to the limit.

5. and 6. Sushi Co.

It is the time to drive to our first primary objective, Sushi.
Get Biology first so your capital has both Global Theater and National Park and is on the way to size 30.

Now get Corporation and Medicine.

7. Creative/Combustion/Engineer

Now shoot for combustion.

If you get Creative Co., even Deity AI’s score is quite a bit ahead of you, you have won the game. The rest of research path does not matter any more.

4. The Strategy

The tactics used will be in the next chapter. This chapter will focus on strategy.

1. Select Hereditary Rule/ Bureaucracy/ Cast System/ Mercantilism /Pacifism

2. Research Education/Liberalism

3. Early Expansion
Please refer to the last section and see how this is done.

The first three cities are:

Capital, Size 35 – 40 with Global Theater and National Park, is “GPF”. As soon as the city is found, use the cast system to produce artists.

City 2 is a Production city, which is also the headquarters of Mining Co. and production of national wonders.

City 3 is the headquarters of Sushi Co. and Creative Co. With 4G/turn for each of the corporation branch, Wall Street, bank, …, will go here.

The next two settlers, in combination with great artist, will be used to grab land. After the initial placements, we expect to advance another 7 tiles forward: 4 tiles forward in Phase I, and 3 tiles forward in Phase IV.

This phase ends with strategically placed cities with culture bomb. Because several cities are very far away, the research slide can hit 0%.

4. Culture Bomb

Use settlers and culture bomb to gain control of strategic areas.

5. Research Path

a. University/Liberalism
It is impossible to beat Deity AI on Liberalism, but I will do it anyway to switch civics.

b and c Research/Production

For Research: Astronomy
For Production: Print Press/ Replaceable Part.

Capital and city 2 have no forests left from early expansion, but it will be a good idea to keep some forests for health. If I have many forests, these forests will be my production tiles so I will go for Print Press/ Replaceable Part; otherwise, I will go for Astronomy. I do not build mines at all, but will replace windmills by mines when coal/ uranium / aluminum, … is revealed.

d. Emancipation

At this point, we probably delayed Emancipation to the limit.

e. and f. Sushi Co.

It is the time to drive to our first primary objective, Sushi.
Get Biology first so your capital has both Global Theater and National Park and is on the way to size 30.

Now get Corporation and medicine.

g. Creative/Combustion/Engineer

6. Phase II Expansion
Push front line cities four more squares forward. If you have an extra artist, get as close to Deity AI’s city as possible. The closer you get to Deity AI’s city, the easier to flip them.

7. Building Production

a. Theaters.
All front line cities start with theater.

b. Research.
The most important buildings are:

Library/Universities/ Observatory / Laboratory

c. Religion/Happiness Fillers
Necessary pains.

d. Financial
Being financial, in particular, Imp/Fin, banks are special building that will yield more. In addition, 5 banks are required for Wall Street.

8. Back fills your land.

9. Wonder
I can get half of wonders in immortal game and none in Deity games.

10. Keep up happiness and health
The ferocious expansion in phase I will pay a nice divident here.

11. Get Sushi Co.

12. Spread Sushi Co. at maximum speed by reducing the science slide from 70% to 30%, together with one or more great Merchants for foreign trade.

13. Get Creative Corp.

14. Grab Deity AI’s land.

Any tiles within a distance of four from your front line are considered yours; use Sushi Co. and Creative Co. to get what is considered rightfully yours, including Deity AI’s front city.

15. Penetration

When your Sushi Co. and Creative Co. opens three tiles ahead, if you can place a city, place it immediately with both Sushi Co. and Creative Co. As you can see the two attached examples, you will soon get grab a large amount of land.

5. Tactics

5.1 Fast Expansion/Ancient

Not all eras allow you to expand rapidly. For fast early expansion, two eras stand out: Ancient and Renaissance.

The following are copied from my other threads:

=====================================================

1. Optimal start (3P, 3P1F, 2F2P, 3F1P tiles allowed, Hut allowed)

6 cities, 1 worker in 21 turns (Pop Bronze Working from a Hut allowed)

OTAKUjbski Algorithm:

City #1: Founded on Marble Plains Hill. Plains Hill Forest Deer & Plains Hill Forest Copper available.
City #2: Founded on Stone Plains Hill. Plains Hill Forest Deer available.
City #3: Founded on Flat Plains Ivory. Plains Hill Forest Copper available.
City #4, #5, #6: Founded on flatland 3 tiles out.

Turn 00: Settler(0)-->{City1};Worker(5)[5]
Turn 04: OMG! I popped BW!
Turn 05: Worker(0)-->Settler(7)[12]; Mine/Chop(6)
Turn 10: Mine/Chop(0)-->Settler(1)[11]
Turn 11: Settler(0)-->Settler(4)[15]; Mine/Chop(6){City3}
Turn 13: {City2}-->Settler(7)[20]
Turn 15: Settler(0)-->Settler(5)[20]
Turn 16: {City3};Mine/Chop(0)-->Settler(4)[20]
Turn 20: Settler(0)x3
Turn 21: {City4, City5, City6}

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2. Optimal start (3P, 3P1F, 2F2P, 3F1P tiles allowed, Hut Not allowed)

6 cities, 1 worker in 22 turns:

OTAKUjbski Algorithm:

Joao II (Exp, Imp)
(Starts with Mining)
Research Bronze Working (8)
City #1: Settled on Plains Hill Marble. Grassland Deer in inner ring. Plains Hill Copper in BFC.
City #2 & #3: Settled on Plains Hill Stone. Grassland Deer in inner ring. Shares Plains Hill Copper with City #1.

Turn 00: Settler #1. City #1 founded --> Worker(5).
Turn 05: Worker completed --> Settler(8). Move Worker onto Hill and Mine(4).
Turn 08: Mine completed --> Settler(4).
Turn 09: Copper revealed! --> Settler(2). Move Worker onto City 1 Forest and Chop(4).
Turn 11: Settler #2 completed --> Settler(5).
Turn 12: Chop completed --> Settler(3). City #2 founded --> Settler(10).
Turn 13: Move Worker onto City 3 Forest and Chop(4).
Turn 15: Settler #3 completed --> Settler(5). City #2 take Copper --> Settler(4).
Turn 16: City #3 founded & Chop completed --> Settler(7).
Turn 18: City #3 take Copper --> Settler(3).
Turn 21: Settlers #4, #5 & #6 completed.
Turn 22: Cities #4, #5 & #6 founded on flatland.

3. Standard Start ( No 3P, 3P1F, 2F2P, 3F1P tiles allowed, Hut Not allowed)

6 cities, 1 worker in 27 turns:

OTAKUjbski Algorithm:

Joao II (Exp, Imp)

(Starts with Mining)
Bronze Working (8)

City #1: Settled on Plains Hill. Riverside Plains Ivory in inner ring. Plains Hill in BFC.
City #2: Settled on Plains Ivory. Plains Forest in inner ring.
City #3: Settled on Plains Ivory. Plains Forest in inner ring. Shares Plains Hill with City #1.

Turn 00: Settler #1. City #1 founded --> Worker(7).
Turn 07: Settler(10). Move Worker to Plains Hill & Mine(4).
Turn 10: Mine completed --> results in Settler(5).
Turn 11: Move Worker & Chop(4).
Turn 14: Chop completed --> Settler(1).
Turn 15: Settler #2 completed --> Settler(5). Move Worker & Chop(4).
Turn 16: City #2 founded --> Settler(10).
Turn 18: Chop completed --> Settler(1).
Turn 19: Settler #3 completed --> Settler(7). Move Worker & Chop(4) {outside City #3}.
Turn 20: City #3 founded --> Settler(10).
Turn 22: Chop completed {City #3} & take Plains Hill Mine from City #1 --> Settler (4).
Turn 26: Settlers #4, #5 & #6 completed. Move all Settlers two tiles.
Turn 27: Cities #4, #5 & #6 founded on flatland.

4. Standard Start ( No 3P, 3P1F, 2F2P, 3F1P tiles allowed, Pop Bronze Working from a Hut allowed)

We expect "6 cities, 1 worker in 26 turns", but no1 worked it out yet.

5.2 Fast Expansion/ Renaissance

Not all eras allow you to expand rapidly. For fast early expansion, two eras stand out: Ancient and Renaissance.

The following are copied from my other threads:

One of the biggest changes in the BTS is settler’s cost. For Small map, fast speed, a settler costs 150P in SP game and 164P in MP games (about 60P in warlord).

The original warlord requirement for initial expansion is to get 5 cities and 7 workers in 15 turns. The 5-7 initial expansion requirement remains.

(1) First of all, here is the production allocation:

City-1 produces:
Worker-2
Worker-3
Worker-4
Settler-3
Setller-4

City-2 produces
Worker-5
Worker-6
Settler-5

City-3 produces
Worker-7

Because the cost of a worker is lower, you should soon get another 3 workers.

(2) Multipliers

164P vs. 60P is a big difference, right? It turns out the difference is only about 2 to 3 turns. Instead of getting 5 cities, and 7 workers in 15 turns, get them in 18 turns.

How could it be possible?

Well, here is the simple math:

City-1

3 workers = 36 * 3 = 108

2 settlers = 150 * 2 = 300

Total = 408

City-2

2 workers = 36 * 2 = 72

1 settler = 150 * 1 = 150

Total = 222.

Now,

City-1 worker multiplier:
Forge 25%
Capital 50%
Organized religion: 0%
Imp: 0%
Total: 75%

City-1 settler multiplier:
Forge 25%
Capital 50%
Organized religion: 0%
Imp: 50%
Total: 125%

City-2 worker multiplier:
Forge 25%
Capital 0%
Organized religion: 25% (starting turn 5)
Imp: 0%
Total: 50%

City-1 settler multiplier:
Forge 25%
Capital 0%
Organized religion: 25%
Imp: 50%
Total: 100%

Now

City-1

3 workers = 36 * 3 /1.75 = 61

2 settlers = 150 * 2 /2.25 = 134

Total = 195

City-2

2 workers = 36 * 2 /1.5 = 48

1 settler1 = 150 /2 = 75

Total = 123.

(3) Production

Now, 195P is quite manageable. Let’s see how long it will take us to get 195P:

City: 2F1P1C
Specialist: 2P
Tile-1: 1F2P (Nothing impressive, just an ordinary tile)
Tile-2: 1F2P (Nothing impressive, just an ordinary tile)
Total: 7P

3 chopping:
(195 – 60)/7 = 20 turns

4 chopping:
(195 – 80)/7 = 17 turns

5 chopping:
(195 – 100)/7 = 13 turns

Now if we have corn (6F) and iron (6P), the city will be:

Tile-1: 6F
Tile-2: 6P
Total: 4F9P

This almost doubles the 7P before.

(4) A few comments:

(a) With Serfdom, an improvement is done in 2 turns. 3 workers can chop 6 forests in 6 turns (120P of the required 195P).

(b) Working on tiles that are shared between city-1 and city-2 first, so the tiles can be switched between city-1 and city-2 when necessary.

(c) Settle city-2 to plain-hill or elephant will change from:

Total: 7P

To:

City: 2F2P1C
Total: 8P

The benefit is huge because of integer rounding. For example:

Forge + 7P ==> 8P
Forge + 8P ==> 10P

i.e. you have gained 2 extra hammers because of rounding.

(d) As far as the initial expansion is concerned, either way is ok:
Spending 3 turns to grow city to size 3 before producing settlers;
Expanding directly at size 2.

(e) Early in a game, if you can save a turn via chopping/farming, chopping/mining, it will help.

(f) You can save 2 turns via Imp/Spi combo.
1 for Selecting Monarchy, Bureaucracy, Serfdom, Mercantilism, Organized Religion.
1 for adopting Religion.

Now you can produce 5 cities and 7 workers in 16 turns, instead of 18.

(g) The initial tasks, if you expand at size 2, are:

iron (production)
corn (food)
chop

i.e maximumize the worker activities to all of the useful production. For example, don't work on plantation because you do not use that tile in the first 15 turns.

City-1
Worker-1: chop
Worker-2: corn\iron, then chop
worker-3: go to city-2 and chop
worker-4: depending the situation, iron/corn/chop

City-2
Worker-3: chop
Worker-5: corn/iron then chop
worker-6: depending the situation, iron, chop

(h) When conditions are right in city-2, ie. iron (6P) and corn (6F), are available; it might be a good idea to grow city-2 from size 2 to size 3 with a missionary as follows:

(i) Almost forgot the obvious; Imp (+50% for settlers) is not optional in BTS.

(j) Production, Food, Commerce.
The first 15 turns will get 5 cities and 7 workers, i.e it is all about production.
The next few turns are all about food, i.e growing.

(k) Ideally, you should have enough workers for road, special resources, and improvements just 1 tile ahead of population.

5.3. Size-40 Capital

Have National Park and Global Theater in the capital city. Once these two wonders are in place, everything will be converted into farms. All mines are converted into windmills for extra food. This is a typical OCC strategy so please refer OCC guides in this forum. This should get you you to size 30 - 35. Suchi will increase it a bit more.

5.4 Great Person Production

Early in the game with cast system, you can manage great person production. This will be harder under emancipation later.

The will need the following great persons produced and keep them in the headquarter cities:

You want to have have, for example:

City 3:
· Sushi/Merchant
· Creative/Engineer

· Aluminum /Scientist
· Jeweler /Artist

City 2:
· Mining/Engineer

5.5. City Management

If you do not manage a city, then great persons will randomly pop up, so you have to manage your cities.

5.6 Culture Bomb

Grab land with settler and culture bomb.

5.7 Research

There are three science accelerations (for 1 turn only):

(a) All cities switch to science production for 1 turn;

(b) If the above is not enough, in addition to all cities switching to science production for 1 turn, enough populations can turn into scientists for 1 turn so that you will not loose population;

(c) If the above is not enough, in addition to all cities switching to science production for 1 turn, all populations in all cities turn into scientist for 1 turn, so that you will loose 1 population in every city (but no more than 1).

5.8 Growing Cities

Future tech is the solution for happiness and healthy problems.

5.9 Great Merchants

After culture bomb and founding of corporation, it is the Great Merchants that will finance the fast corporation expansion. I noticed one of the changes in BTS is the Great Merchant, who can easily return around $2000 in small map, which seems to be higher than earlier version.

6. Examples

The key to corporation is that it doubles your civilization in size; so if you have 10 cities, the effect of the Sushi Co. is to make it 20 cities; however, you have all of the benefits of 10 additional cities but only have a fraction of the maintenance cost and building cost (all buildings are already there). In addition, you double the “number” of cities in a very short period.

The Creative Co. is an absolute killer; it will first push your opponent back four tiles; then you add a city and it will push your opponent back another 4 tiles, and this continues on and on, until the year 2050. Nothing, not culture bomb, not other corporation can stop this; this is a weapon without counter.

I have two examples below.

In the Immortal example, I am running research at 4000/turn and can kill a future technology in just two turns. By 2050, I have grabbed over 50% of the land via the one of kind weapon, Creative Co., at the cost the other four AIs. I have more than 20 future technologies, which essentially completely frees me from any happiness/health problem.

With so many future technologies, the only limitation for growth is food now.

Attachments

• immortal_corp_1_1_start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    20.9 KB · Views: 74
  • immortal_corp_1_2_expand.CivBeyondSwordSave
    75.6 KB · Views: 72
  • immortal_corp_1_4_Corp_expand.CivBeyondSwordSave
    163.5 KB · Views: 75
  • immortal_corp_1_5_Corp_expand.CivBeyondSwordSave
    188.2 KB · Views: 87
  • immortal_corp_1_7_win15514.CivBeyondSwordSave
    202.5 KB · Views: 135
In the Deity game, I was able to run reseach at 2500/turn and kill one future tech every three turns. I have 10 future technologies, enough to free me from any happiness/health problem.

Attachments

• deity_corp_1_3_expand.CivBeyondSwordSave
    136.1 KB · Views: 71
  • deity_corp_1_1_start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    41.7 KB · Views: 97
  • deity_corp_1_5_sushi.CivBeyondSwordSave
    190.8 KB · Views: 70
  • deity_corp_1_6_creative.CivBeyondSwordSave
    206.3 KB · Views: 88
  • deity_corp_1_10_win13133.CivBeyondSwordSave
    235.4 KB · Views: 86
I have several funny stories to tell

(1) Deity teamer (see attached file):

In a Deity teammer, Deity teammate will spead their corp at all cost. I fight with my Deity teammate for control of corporation because I have four corp.

· Sushi/Merchant
· Creative/Engineer

· Aluminum /Scientist
· Jeweler /Artist

They are more powerful than his single corp:

· Mining/Engineer

In the end, after losing thousands of dollars and 20 executives, I give up.

(2) Islands

Before AI culturely close the coastal line settle one city, soon you will own half of the island. Islands slows research because of distance.

(3) War

Obviously, war slows research significantly.

(4) Maximum number of future tech

The maximum number of future tech I had is 35, it is 3v3 deity teamer. See the second file below.

7. Reference

In my experience, the corporation is so overpowering that it is beyond all belief.

The following references do promote corporations, but they do not push far enough; especially the dynamic features of corporation and late stage corporations; nevertheless, there are not many references on corporation.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237717

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249397

Attachments

• deity_corp_2_8_win11314.CivBeyondSwordSave
    247.8 KB · Views: 73
  • deity_corp_7_8_35tech.CivBeyondSwordSave
    260.3 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom