Deity (-) Tradition into Tourism for Washington Photojournal

Notre Dame is cool. but i never ever managed to build it. Problem with it is that it is on the lower side of the tech tree and you need Guild and Universities ASAP...

How do you win Tourism without Wonders? Museums are not enough in my experience
Spamming historic events can generate a lot of tourism.

In my last game I got Notre Dame before the AI . I usually get education and theology but then switch to the bottom of the tree until chemistry.

Spamming historic events can generate a lot of tourism.

In my last game I got Notre Dame, I get education and theology but then switch to the bottom of the tree.
Wow... In my games it is usually taken when i am researching Education. Though might be different now. I notieced that AI started to love the upper path of tech tree more.

Historic events are the main source of tourism for sure, but the amount of tourism you get depends on your tourism-per-turn output

I started new game for Venice, wanth to test Imperialism.

I'm not sure if it is Venice that is OP right now or the warmongering playstyle, but it seems SO MUCH EASIER than Tradition. 100 turns into the game i captured 6 cities including Berlin, vassalilzed Germany, i'm 4th in science and loose only 1 policy to all AIs!

Here is where i was on turn 115 for Tradition:

I felt like i'm in a good spot.... In my current game i already have Chivalry, 6 techs ahead!

I'm not sure if it is Venice that is OP right now or the warmongering playstyle, but it seems SO MUCH EASIER than Tradition. 100 turns into the game i captured 6 cities including Berlin, vassalilzed Germany, i'm 4th in science and loose only 1 policy to all AIs!

I felt like i'm in a good spot.... In my current game i already have Chivalry, 6 techs ahead!

Venice is dangerously good right now.

G

Venice is dangerously good right now.

G
I expected it to become crazy-good with Imperialism... but 100 turns into the game? How is it different from all other civs. I even do not have any Trade Routes

Though i already feel that Venice require some serious nerfing. I think it should get puppet discounts back. Let them be 50% instead of 75%, but 0% is too much

Last edited:

Well, you did delay writing and School of Philosophy for quite some time-I thought those were more important for a Tradition empire than Barracks+Arenas+Forges in the early game. Do you need the extra production on Deity to survive?

Well, you did delay writing and School of Philosophy for quite some time-I thought those were more important for a Tradition empire than Barracks+Arenas+Forges in the early game. Do you need the extra production on Deity to survive?
Well Barrack+Arena+Forge give you ~+60-70% production boost. This is really huge, without it Libararies and Guilds take like 20 turns to build.

Also on Deity you can use Trade Routes to gain more science. Check the album - you'll see that Trade Routes give me 9 science per turn

Well Barrack+Arena+Forge give you ~+60-70% production boost. This is really huge, without it Libararies and Guilds take like 20 turns to build.

Also on Deity you can use Trade Routes to gain more science. Check the album - you'll see that Trade Routes give me 9 science per turn

You know what's funny? I'm trying a Deity Tradition Game for the first time and I have literally the exact same tech order at basically the same turn and I am also prioritizing Barracks+Forges+Arena. Though I ended up going Walls first in a lot of my cities, it's just too hard to defend without them. I didn't even think about it, it was just the natural way to go.

Though this wasn't the way I did things on Immortal.

Though I ended up going Walls first in a lot of my cities, it's just too hard to defend without them.
This is imo very bad, you should not build Walls as long as you can. Tradition's main problem is lack of production and Wall do not generate yields at all!

Traditions power is that it CAN defend without Walls! You get +50% Garrison strenght when unit is inside. City on the hill with Horseman can defend couple of War Elephants.

Two big mistakes that people do when defending city are
(1) station Archers in the Garrison. Archers give small :c5strength: bonus and die quickly
(2) attack with garrisoned unit. Unit in the Garrison should heal only, not attack, this way it will survive while granting big :c5strength: boost to the city and absorbing damage

This is imo very bad, you should not build Walls as long as you can. Tradition's main problem is lack of production and Wall do not generate yields at all!

Traditions power is that it CAN defend without Walls! You get +50% Garrison strenght when unit is inside. City on the hill with Horseman can defend couple of War Elephants.

Two big mistakes that people do when defending city are
(1) station Archers in the Garrison. Archers give small :c5strength: bonus and die quickly
(2) attack with garrisoned unit. Unit in the Garrison should heal only, not attack, this way it will survive while granting big :c5strength: boost to the city and absorbing damage

The thing is, I've been losing cities recently pretty much every game and defending without walls/with walls just makes a massive difference. I felt like it was worth it, I had used up all my strategics and I probably would have lost cities had I not built those walls. I'm not doing too bad right now. Also it's hard for a garrison to stay alive in a squishy city.

I don't build walls early in hilled cities though, but that is different.

It also helped with crime/supply cap, which are both big problems.

The thing is, I've been losing cities recently pretty much every game and defending without walls/with walls just makes a massive difference. I felt like it was worth it, I had used up all my strategics and I probably would have lost cities had I not built those walls. I'm not doing too bad right now. Also it's hard for a garrison to stay alive in a squishy city.

I don't build walls early in hilled cities though, but that is different.

It also helped with crime/supply cap, which are both big problems.
Defensive position of cities is a key. To be hones in this game i had tonns of units. Usually in my tradition games i have like 4 or 5 unit all the game

Top Bottom