Deity trashsystem game ...

Giaur

War Dancer
This is regular deity game with trash features:
1) we are playing 40 turns usually
2) we disscuss every entry (pros&cons)
3) we vote for the best save
4) we return to point 1, but we are playing turns using selected (best) save

The rooster counts 6 people. Leader to be disscussed. Settings to be disscussed. The most important part is point 2. We can point weak aspects of a save, but it should a constructive suggestion.

To be honest. All pointed rules can be changed, if people wish so. W might pick difficult start, we might pick tendentional start (isolated, with bonus etc.). We might pick easy start, but thing that cannot be changed - difficulty level.

So submit your participation. I wish we have experienced players in the squad - for disscussion purposes, but still you can play shadow games and submit them, if you are too late. More disscussion cannot hurt.

To be serious. I did not think about the rules too much. I've just stolen the rules from Trashgame. How lame ...

Roster (order does not matter):
- Giaur
- Shyuhe
- Ungy
- Betruger
- Belial
- CellKu

Nothing wrong with stealing the rules from another SG :) People do that all the time around here. I'm not an experienced deity player but I'd like to give this a go.

I don't have any strong preference for a leader. I'll put my vote out for Mansa - it's been a while since I've played with him and he's pretty strong. Of course we can always go for Huayna too :evil:

lurker's comment ; returning to point 1 for each 40 is a great idea.

It will be very interesting to see if the game plays out the same way the second time.

Count me in although I'm no deity.

I especially look forward to an active discussion.

As this is deity I would recommend a strong leader--Mansa is appealing as I think spiritual is a good SG trait to see the civic changes people make.

I'm happy to reroll to get what looks like a good start.

Other top tier leaders IMHO Elizabeth, Darius.
I leave HC off the list because I just think the game is too different.
Dunno if the Romans are good at deity but again would prefer a not specialized game.

Hey, I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, and decided to finally register myself and get some games going. So first of all, hello to all of you :)
I'm up for the game if you will have me. I'm comfortable on immortal in single player, I've also tried some deity games but never brought one to a finish. This should be a fun challenge and I'm eager to start it, but I'll understand if you won't have me on the team.

As to leader choice, going financial is definately the way to go, but I'm not so sure about spiritual. Since you can switch civics without anarchy during golden age, the spiritual trait has lost it's appeal to me. Especially that you only need 1 great person to start a golden age now. Creative on the other hand makes things a lot easier in the begining and would allow us to grab more and better land in the early stages of the game, which I think is crucial on higher difficulties. Another trait that comes to mind is aggresive, since we will probably need to do a fair amount of warring.

So my preference would be:
1. Willem van Oranje of Netherlands (fin, cre, good UB if there's lot of water around)
2. Kubalai Khan of China (agg, cre, good UU)
3. Ragnar of the Vikings (agg, fin)

I'm also in favor of rerolling until getting a good start, but without any modifications in WB. I'd prefer continents or hemispheres, but pangea would be fine too.

@Betruger: welcome, you are in.

I also disagree on Spiritual - it has been pretty nerfed (improved goldenage, CristoRedentor). My votes go for Hyana Capac, Willem, Darius, Roosvelt or again Zara Yakob ... In that order ...

btw. I believe we can do a win with any leader with trashsystem condition ...

All right! :D

HC would be a good leader indeed namely because we won't have to worry about barbs in the early going, and will have the option of capturing enemy cities early, but playing Inca is so different than playing any other civ (because of these uber quechuas) that I'd prefer to play other leader.

Not so sure if we can win this at all, not to mention using any leader, but I envy your optimism :)

I'll take a stab at it too.

It's always fun to compare notes to one another and to see the different styles that are placed.

Only preference is creative for deity. Blocking is the most important factor in most of the deity games that I've successfully won. Not all of them required creative to block the initial expansion, but the quick theatres and libraries seal up the culture battle early enough for me to set a solid hold on my terrain.

However, I have exams coming up at the end of November - meaning my overall participation may not be as influentual as I would prefer it to be. I would still be able to get my save and turnlog up, though.

Giaur, great you got this rolling! :goodjob: It's exactly what I thought. And it seems to attract quite some attention already. Well, count me in!

Rules are good. I would vote for keeping them.

With regards to leaders: well, Willem, Darius and Zara are nice. My favorite is Pericles but that would likely mean an SE game and that - I think - we should keep for later. Anyway, I would go with whatever people decide on.

CellKu

I also disagree on Spiritual - it has been pretty nerfed (improved goldenage, CristoRedentor). My votes go for Hyana Capac, Willem, Darius, Roosvelt or again Zara Yakob ... In that order ...
I agree with you that spiritual has been nerfed and I would think creative much more important especially at Deity. I just liked the idea of a spiritual leader to see the various civics people use--with a normal leader there won't be so many differences. I figured with fin and a good UU for deity Mansa would be strong enough.

How about Willem? I forgot about him on my stongest list. I guess I just feel like the quecha game would have an * by it since it is so different.

I'm surprised that you would put Roo on the list--was that a list of want to play or stronger? Surely Elizabeth is one of the top teir, and I rate Roo pretty low.

Industrius is nice. Roosvelt is not an easy leader, I believe. But march Navy SEAL's are nice. Industrious helps - 50 percent to national wonders (Ironworks, Globe). Huyana Capac is easier. Quecha easily get 10 exp which unlocks HE for this industrious leader.

edit: Willem is great too
edit2: I never played Philo leader on deity, so it might be a new experience.

As much bulbing that is done in deity, philosophy becomes a close second to how useful it really is.

Industrious is also very good considering how much the whip and the overflow can be put to good use - which also increases as cheap production buildings are created.

Huayna plays out very differently at the higher levels compared to other civs. I don't recommend using him as it will seriously distort the game. I still think spiritual is a nice trait but I think I'm in the minority on this point now. I think Cristo is overrated in the sense that in a game in which I can build it, I've already won it by that point anyways (it just makes it easier to mop-up).

I agree that Roos is a weak leader. Liz is good. Uberfish already used Willem so I don't think we should use him.

Spiritual still has its merits and I certainly wouldn't object to a game with a spiritual leader. It is true, they were slightly nerfed with how golden ages work, but being limited to only civic changes at that time is really where spiritual can shine. Picking up brownie points for favorite civic is always an exellent approach as well.

The only real weak trait, in my opinion, is aggressive. Why? Whipping barracks for cheap overflow does not net much as an entire civ nor does the added strength become viable military solution to an already technologically advanced or backwards empire.

Generally, if positioned well, there is no need for an early rush which really negates how useful aggressive can be but there is always scenarios where you are left little choice and that is where aggressive truely pays off.

All n' all, I'd scratch it from the list, but I'm an easy-going fellow and will play whatever is tossed up.

We will play with Willem van Oranje. I know what you are thinking right now - "It's like a walk in the park". But that UB, just asks itself to be selected. I do not think it's overpowered - I just think it improves water tiles a little - still the weakest terrain. It makes golden ages more powerful (maybe overpowered). Mansa would be nice too, but creative is something good on the start.

I will reroll the start today ...

Here is the start ...

Here is the save ...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/70897/Deity_trash_game_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave

Today is monday. Perhaps we should play till 1520BC. This should be short turnset. The deadline is Thursday. Of course we can delay, we do that permanently in Imperial Trash :lol: . Thursday-Friday disscussion and voting. After that one-week-periods:
Friday-Monday - the game
Tuesday-Thursday - disscussion&voting

Do you agree?
btw. We can also submit our ideas, how to generally deal with the current turnset. I ask you to use spoilers.

I'm in favor of playing Bhruic patch.
Start looks nice, will write more when I get home and take a look at the savegame.

Top Bottom