chazzycat

Deity
seriously, try this map out. Playing as Inca - pangea, standard, standard

requires DLC (all civs & wonders)

this is why I explore before rerolling

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    461.5 KB · Views: 148
wow terribad lands, but the deers make up for that I guess... Only 2 hills though, production = bad.

It's the lack of forests that makes most tundra starts less attractive. A mapscript like Ice Age places more forest on tundra, but the rule for most maps is that tundra is kept relatively open.
There's usually plenty of deer and furs around. If you're lucky and they're on forest, then you have excellent tiles, but just plain flat tundra tiles with nothing on it are poor tiles. It's interesting to speculate how 'Dance of the Aurora' could change our opinion.

Here you're playing Inca and I saw you had plenty of opportunities for terraces nearby (I looked at the bigger picture), so being Inca helps here. Also for other civs tundra can be okay, if there are sheep, hills and rivers.
I definitely prefer tundra over desert personally.

wow terribad lands, but the deers make up for that I guess... Only 2 hills though, production = bad.

yeah the capital land really does suck.

Spoiler :
luckily there is a great spot to the north with good production, food and 2 luxuries. I expanded there ASAP and that city ended up building national college & the couple wonders I got.

what really makes this map good though are the natural defenses. With room for 6 cities, some nice terrace farms, and not much threat of invasion, it was one of the easier deity games I've ever played.

This start with the "Dancing with the Aurora" Pantheon would be yummy. :D

This start with the "Dancing with the Aurora" Pantheon would be yummy. :D

definitely! especially since a lot of the terrace farms were on tundra hills. Plus the few tiles worked in the capital, it would have been a strong religion game. I was thinking about which beliefs to hypothetically choose....probably interfaith dialogue (science from spreading religion) or peace loving (happiness), and peace gardens would be perfect for the follower belief (+2 happy from gardens).

Top Bottom