Deity with Community Patch Only

Hagvan

Chieftain
Hello, I've been playing vanilla with CP only for the better AI while also getting achievements using modpack mod. Something I've been curious about: is deity with the AI improvements actually beatable? From what I understand deity games are quite dependent on exploiting the shortcomings of AI so how is that affected?

Note: of course I am talking about regular deity games with default map settings and random civs.

While I've never played this exact combo I have played a lot of deity. There will still be lots of ways to exploit the AI. For example the VP AI is much better at controlling its units and pulling back damaged ones. But it will still attack into defensive position if you declare war and just wait.

Or on a even more basic level if you don't turn tech trading off when it unlocks you can arbitrage techs unless everyone hates you.

While I've never played this exact combo I have played a lot of deity. There will still be lots of ways to exploit the AI. For example the VP AI is much better at controlling its units and pulling back damaged ones. But it will still attack into defensive position if you declare war and just wait.

Or on a even more basic level if you don't turn tech trading off when it unlocks you can arbitrage techs unless everyone hates you.
Appreciate the response, guess I will keep slowly increasing the difficulty until I beat it. I had concerns that diety with CP AI would be unbeatable but I guess it should be.

Appreciate the response, guess I will keep slowly increasing the difficulty until I beat it. I had concerns that diety with CP AI would be unbeatable but I guess it should be.

If nothing else there is a huge amount of difference based on good starts/civs. It might be impossible with the worst possible but the best possible would be a full difficulty easier

Top Bottom