1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Delete unwanted civs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by ArsGoetia, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ArsGoetia

ArsGoetia Chieftain

I really appreciate all the hard work you guys did, but I think with the loading time and everything it's a bit too much. So is it possible to easily delete unwanted civs and leaders? Or do I have to edit every xml file?

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

Just take the corresponding folders from the Modules folder and put them into the Unloaded Modules folder in the mod folder.

3. ArsGoetia

ArsGoetia Chieftain

But I still get plenty of XML errors. Will removing the ones I don't want from Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml fix it?

4. ArsGoetia

ArsGoetia Chieftain

Also, is there a way to speed up the loading process? I double click the BTS icon and around 10 minutes or more later the game starts to load.

5. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

Never had any problem removing civilizations folders. removing those you don't want from Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml will remove them in game, bu not change anything to the loading time.

6. ArsGoetia

ArsGoetia Chieftain

Why does it takes so much to load anyway? I'm just using a few leaderheads and even less civilizations