Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure/ don't mind

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Lozzy_Ozzy

Rapture
Well when an advertising thread was closed the other day (well done on such a quick response! Thanks) it made me think...

Even though the thread was closed, the "member" still achieved their goal, they managed to advertise their game, albeit in a closed thread, and it is highly unlikely that they wanted to post on other subjects in the forum.

You see, if I wanted I could just go into the closed thread and follow the link anyway, which means that the "member" has lost barely nothing by closing the thread.

So I thought it might be an idea if the whole thread was deleted, or at least that part/whole of the post?

I don't know if this has already been considered, or if there are reasons why it shouldn't be done, but i'm sorry if there are.

And again, well done to all of the mods for such quick responses to things that we don't want here on CFC :goodjob:.

Cheers

Ozzy

As well as a warning, and the thread is left there as an example of what will happen if you do post one.

I will simply feed all the ad threads to TF's sacrificial flame and perm-ban the advertiser. It's like they never existed. ;)

I think it sounfs' dine ;)

Knight-Dragon said:
I will simply feed all the ad threads to TF's sacrificial flame and perm-ban the advertiser. It's like they never existed. ;)

Thank goodness you didn't do that to me. :p

One of the first threads I remember posting was an advertising thread (a forum, so maybe that's different than a product)...but ahh well, and you're the one that moved it from the soap box to the sports forum. :)

btw, yes I have a splendid memory, but mod actions don't come my way too often so I usually remember them. :crazyeye:

I remeber once somebody had a pyramid scheme. that was completey deleted.

It's usually a matter of mod preference. Some will delete the link, lock the thread but leave the thread behind. Some will wipe them all out.

Moss said:
Thank goodness you didn't do that to me. :p

One of the first threads I remember posting was an advertising thread (a forum, so maybe that's different than a product)...but ahh well, and you're the one that moved it from the soap box to the sports forum. :)

btw, yes I have a splendid memory, but mod actions don't come my way too often so I usually remember them. :crazyeye:
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

ainwood said:
Dumping it in the bin works for me. People who advertise with their first (and only) post often get perma-bans.

That would explain why I don't see them post again. :hmm:

I know what thread you're referring to, Lozzy_Ozzy. ;)
I usually delete it, but sometimes, like Chieftess says, I leave it as a warning. Though I should've edited out the link.

Personaly, I beleve the link itself should be removed if it is an advertising link.

CivGeneral said:
Personaly, I beleve the link itself should be removed if it is an advertising link.

I've never seen a mod leave the link. Normally when the person gets to th link part the link is replaced by mod action text.

Top Bottom