Delhi Sultanate...

Saim

King
In the Genghis Khan scenario, why is the Delhi SULTANate Hindu? Not even a presence of Islam?

I think they just did that for the sake of variation, to give Hinduism a greater a presence in the scenario. Not historically accurate, yes, but Firaxis are often a bit loose with their accuracy.

And then theres the fact that Tibet and Dali dont exist... the Mongols did take over Dali, and while you couldnt attack Tibet (lets say theyre surrounded by peaks), it would be good to atleast being able to vassalize or trade with them. Java, Japan and Vietnam shouldve been in as well. But I guess that would be too many civs, probably the reason they arent in. It would round out all of the civs the Mongols had contact with.

When I learn how to mod I might actually change it...

And I guess since Islam had such a big presence it might be a bit imbalanced.

It was a fun scenario though.

...and while you couldnt attack Tibet (lets say theyre surrounded by peaks)...
It isn't, though- you can get get right into the Tibetan plateau, there's just nothing there. Which is pretty daft, in my opinion.

Well the Dehli Sultan was Muslim but his subjects were Hindu and since civs will take the majority to be the state religion, Hinduism is the highest

And then theres the fact that Tibet and Dali dont exist... the Mongols did take over Dali, and while you couldnt attack Tibet (lets say theyre surrounded by peaks), it would be good to atleast being able to vassalize or trade with them. Java, Japan and Vietnam shouldve been in as well. But I guess that would be too many civs, probably the reason they arent in. It would round out all of the civs the Mongols had contact with.

When I learn how to mod I might actually change it...

And I guess since Islam had such a big presence it might be a bit imbalanced.

It was a fun scenario though.

Yeah I always found it odd that Japan wasn't on the map. The lack of Japan makes the boat building skill that you can learn from Korea pretty useless.

Well I thouught the Genghis Khaan secnario was very incomplete and inaccurate, thats where modding comes in. :)

But in this case the Delhi Sultanate at this period was marked by Muslim rulers and hindu subjects it took a while for Islam to move into India.

I know, but having the actual ruler being upset because I was a Muslim was very annoying. They could have just made Delhi muslim, leaving Lahore and the other thing Hindu.

I guess they left out Java, Tibet, Vietnam, Dali and Japan because they had to keep the numbers down... but I think they should have had Tibet instead of the Mamlukes since the Mongols actually conquered it.

Top Bottom