Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI

Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI 16.4

I'm currently trying to use the script to import some NB2 files, but I'm having difficulties.

I've installed the latest 64 bit version of Blender on my system (Windows 7).

Though, it didn't seem to create a folder within:
*\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\

I tried placing the scripts in Blender's script folder here:
*\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts

And still no luck, it seems.

Perhaps I'm not looking in the correct place within the interface to find the scripts? After searching throughout the interface, I went to Google, and supposedly there should be a "Scripts" option when you select "Objects" near the bottom-left of the screen. Though, I don't see it.

EDIT: Also, I went to the Help menu and generated a system-info.txt file within Blender. I then used the Scripting screen layout to open the text file and it shows the correct directory for user scripts. Though, like I said earlier, I don't see it when I go there.

Deliverator's Blender scripts only work with Blender v2.49 and older, the API changed after that.

Hi Barathor,

can you see the hidden folders and files? in win 7 AppData is hidden.

These are some useful scripts for working with 3D graphics in Blender.

Download Latest Version 8

Latest changelogs

Deliverator Blender Scripts - Version 8

+ Added an option to FBX export to rotate the animation of the root bone 'backwards' by 90 degrees so that it appears upright in Granny's Y-axis up coordinate system.

+ ".fbx" now gets automatically append to the filename by the FBX export script if not already present.

Deliverator Blender Scripts - Version 7

+ NB2 Import: Added options for "Rotate Meshes 90 degrees" and "Remove Top Bone"

+ FBX Export: Reverted various changes so that the script is more similar to the original one shipped with Blender.

+ Added new script under the Object menu - Civ 4 to Civ 5 Bone Renaming. This can be used to speed up the process when rigging a Civ 4 unit mesh that has Civ 4 vertex groups to a Civ 5 skeleton.

ack! that might explain the problem when I tried to convert a civ4 leader to civ5! I didnt rotate it

what about his 2.72 scripts in here i have those and blender 2.72b but it looks like the entry for nb2 is missing in the import directory. i also have 2.49b tho and the scripts for that aswell.

kool thanks ill give it a shot. how are you with models and armatures an stuff? does 2.72b work can you like make all kinds of stuff with it?

cuz like i had an idea for making an actual 3d leader like the real civs like the emtions and intros and stuff, and all that. and i have atleast one unique 3d new unit planned if i can figure all that out.

I can not be exported in to .br2...anybody can help?

Attachments

• su27s.blend.zip
    215.6 KB · Views: 303
I can not be exported in to .br2...anybody can help?

The error message says "Mesh has unweighted vertices" this means that your mesh is not completely rigged to the skeleton. Each vertex in the mesh needs to be assigned to at least one bone - in Blender this done with Vertex Groups each of which has the name of a bone. the easiest way to create these is to copy them from an existing Civ V model that has been imported via the NB2 format. If you do that you can copy the bone weights from one mesh to another as described in Step 5 of this tutorial. Hope this helps!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender2
xport_br2.py", line 126, in saveBR2
if not parentArmOb.name in modelMeshes:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

This the error I get when using Blender 2.49.2. I'll try it in Blender 2.49b right now. I'm trying to create a leader based off George Washington.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender2
xport_br2.py", line 126, in saveBR2
if not parentArmOb.name in modelMeshes:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

This the error I get when using Blender 2.49.2. I'll try it in Blender 2.49b right now. I'm trying to create a leader based off George Washington.

It sounds like your mesh is not parented to the armature (skeleton). If select first the mesh and then the armature, then do (I think) Ctrl-P then you can parent the mesh to the armature, and try again. Also you will need all the vertices in your mesh to be rigged - i.e. be assigned to bone vertex groups.

Well, I got my 3D leader out as a BR2, overwrote him using Washington's GR2, since he uses Washington's skeleton; and yet he will NOT show up in game. Even though I set the MOD files with his textures, xml files and additional files including his GR2 files, to VFS true. I even went so far as to link the XML file to the mod's update list and the leader XML file. Yet only his fall back picture and the fall back pictures of every other leaders show up. This is a MOD for BNW.

Well, I got my 3D leader out as a BR2, overwrote him using Washington's GR2, since he uses Washington's skeleton; and yet he will NOT show up in game. Even though I set the MOD files with his textures, xml files and additional files including his GR2 files, to VFS true. I even went so far as to link the XML file to the mod's update list and the leader XML file. Yet only his fall back picture and the fall back pictures of every other leaders show up. This is a MOD for BNW.

For doing Leaderhead work I've been using the Australia mod as starting point and then just replacing the Henry Parkes 3D art files with my new files. You could try that. If you change only the art files and it doesn't work then you know the issue is with your art files and not the mod config.

Hello !
First try at importing a custom model I extracted in CiV5, and I'm stuck at the exporting part (to .br2).

I have my .blend I saved from the model I extracted, and exported it to .fbx, no problem.
But when I try to export it to .br2, I got a python script error.
I attached a screenshot of it.
I absolutely don't know why it wan't export. as I'm not that versed in the 3D modelling world. Is it a mesh problem ? Or perhaps the "skeleton" isn't "attached" where it should be ?

Attachments

• screenshot_blender_scripterror_edelweiss.png
    screenshot_blender_scripterror_edelweiss.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 300
Hello !
First try at importing a custom model I extracted in CiV5, and I'm stuck at the exporting part (to .br2).

I have my .blend I saved from the model I extracted, and exported it to .fbx, no problem.
But when I try to export it to .br2, I got a python script error.
I attached a screenshot of it.
I absolutely don't know why it wan't export. as I'm not that versed in the 3D modelling world. Is it a mesh problem ? Or perhaps the "skeleton" isn't "attached" where it should be ?

It looks like your mesh might not be parented to an armature (skeleton). The mesh needs to be parented by an armature and all vertices (points) in the mesh need to be assigned to bones in that armature via vertex groups. In Blender you can use Ctrl-P to assign a mesh to a parent armature.

Top Bottom