Dell Notebook Hibernation Possible When Civ3 Running?

EMan

HOFer: Milk-Cow?
Supporter
I'm running Civ3v1.29f on a Dell Inspiron 2500 Notebook computer (Windows XP, Home Edition) and I want to "Hibernate" the computer WITHOUT exiting the game. :confused:

The reason for this is to limit the number of (Re)Loads of GOTM17 which I have started playing today. BUT, since I will be flying to Houston tomorrow, I'd like to hibernate the computer and then "fire" it up on the plane. (As opposed to exiting the game and then shutting down the computer.)

A goal of mine is to have the GOTM game-load-count (which the GOTM "police" can check) at a measly ONE.......the original load of the game at 4000BC!

Has anybody been able to Hibernate their computers with Civ 3 running in the foreground or background? :)

Yes, I have have hibernated my notebook while CIV 3 is running. But, upon waking up, the Civ 3 window just occupies one quarter of the screen. Civ 3 runs in a 1024x768 resolution and if your normal desktop is at a higher res, Civ 3 will only occupy a window of 1024X768. To solve this, I either had to quit the game and restart or change my desktop res to 1024x768. i hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback BUT....

Under Control Panel, Display Properties, Settings:

My screen resolution had already been set to 1024 by 768 pixels!?

If your resolution is already at 1024x768 BEFORE you start Civ3, then everything is OK.

If it is higher, when you start Civ3, it will change it to 1024x768 and restore it when the program quits.

If the notebook is hibernated while Civ3 is running, and subsequently waken up, the system will restore the resolution to the original, not 1024x768. Civ3 continues running thinking it is 1024x768, thus occupying a section of the desktop.

My resolution is 1024 X 768 BEFORE I start Civ3!........but I still can't Hibernate when Civ is running. :confused:

Any other ideas silverstone?

P.s. My dad use to race at silverstone! ;)

Top Bottom