Demo Game 2 Combined Criteria Acceptance

Do you approve the game criteria below for Demo Game 2?

• Yes

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
This poll combines all of the others for combined approval. This poll will be up for 7 days (ends August 19 at 18:20 GMT). This should give enough time to regroup if the New World is not approved in this poll.

Links are to the individual aspect polls.

Civilization: GERMANY

Civilization Name: FANATISCH (FANATIC in Tribe Language)

World Size: HUGE

Difficulty Level: EMPEROR

Land tYPE: RANDOM

Temperature: RANDOM

Climate: RANDOM (NORMAL won but RANDOM must be used as this is the same control for Temperature and World Age, both of which had RANDOM as winner.)

World age: RANDOM

Barbarian Level: RANDOM

Options to enable: ALL EXCEPT "RESTART AI" CIVS AND "ACCELERATED PRODUCTION"

Rivals' Civilizations: RANDOM

Number of AI civs: 15

Have a mod create a game: NO

Edit civ stats: NO

What are we supposed to be voting on? Aren't the individual polls enough? If voting extends for 7 days, do we take the result then and repoll each? I'm unclear at what you're getting at, Shaitan. :confused:

What if I really disagree with one selection? How do I vote?

Individual elements can be combined to make an unworkable game. This poll lets everybody see what the individual parts are and turn down the options as a whole if they think they are unworkable.

There are quite a few elements that I do not like. I think the map size is far too big and I think the difficulty level will severely limit who can sit in the big chair. I voted "yes" though as I think it is workable overall, even though it's not exactly what I wanted.

Mein frau and my dictionary both told me that fanatisch is the only direct translation for fanatic. There are other close ones for derivatives of fanatic but "fanatisch" is the only one that matches what was polled.

Shaitan is correct, in that Fanatisch is the primary translation of Fanatic in the German Languauge. As for the options, he-he, you people picked them :). I'm going to start a test game with these options to see if the mesh without any problems.

I agree with all the options except:
number of AI civs
options to enable
world age
barbarian level
climate
temperature
land type
and difficulty level

But other than those, it should be a pretty exciting game for me. I voted yes, to approve.

Well, after Cyc's post I guess I can't complain that the only option I don't like is not having a Random Civ.

Hope we end up with lots of little islands.... :)

Its fine. I didn't want the huge map cause I think it may make things just too big and slow. Does the FA dept get overtime pay?

The only real problem is the difficulty level. We are more likely to end up small, which means less provinces and less governors and less people involved. It also means we might not win, which would suck!

Well, actually FANATISCH is not the correct word here, as it would be "FANATIKA" when changed from fanatic to a national name.
FANATISCH as nation name just sounds silly.

Rest is ok, but due to the first one i have to vote no.

Fanatika is derived from "Fanatisch". Nations generally will end in -o, -en, -reich, -land, -y, -an or -a like amerika, england, frankreich, russland, spanien, italien, griechenland, ägypten, marocko, persien, china, japan, basilien, argentinien, skandinavien, schweden, finnland, dänemark(?!?), österreich, etc.

the mark btw. comes from that is was part of the "deutsches reich" before the french wars... "mark" was a kind of independent "county" in former (farfar former) germany.

namin our nation "fanatisch" would mean "be fanatic", as in german this would be "fanatisch sein". this does NOT fit for a nation name.

Fanatika would sound more like a nation.

Quoting Dis...
This is a good idea! Maybe just use a translator to translate fanatic into the language of the civ we choose/get.

I think we should make Dis stick with his original idea...

I think we need to re-think the civ choice. Some thoughts on this spontaniuosly errupted in another thread. here
I think we need to consider WHY we have picked germany and whether we want a German, or a unique demogame culture

Top Bottom