Demo release, time-zone question

Haggbart

King
Anybody got any idea exactly when tomorrow the demo will be launched? Just wondering since a late tomorrow release in the US would pretty much mean I'll have to wait another day (another possbly not-so-great euro-feature :king:). If they preload it and release it dead on at midnight, and Steam will detect your local time, it'll be the other way around, however.... Any guess? Should I cancel any plans I might have tomorrow? :)

I was wondering the same, what time and where can we download the demo (Steam only?) And can we pre-load the demo?

I don't know about the demo, but for US-customers the game unlocks tuesday at 10 am EDT (I think that's New York-time).
So the game itself is time-zone independent.

Probably it will also be something like that for the demo, I reckon. But I wouldn't know about any specifics.

I reckon that will mean about 5 PM CET? If we presume it's unlocked the same time the full game is. But then again they did not set an absolute time frame for the release of the demo, so I guess they will make the full game nr 1 priority if they're pressed for time.

But let's hope I'm wrong, and they have already uploaded it and are making it available from midnight... :lol:

The game unlock time is 10 am EDT, I thought I heard that the demo would be releasing earlier enough for people to try it with enough time before placing a pre order.

Eh, this is what happens when you get hundreds of us cruising the forum, excited about day-before-release-day...

We get a little silly. :D

Isn't this thread off a bit? :confused:
Perhaps it is. But it's all in good fun.
Somewhat back to the main topic, does anyone know if the demo will also require internet activation? My laptop couldn't dream of meeting the minimum requirements for ciV, but my desktop's offline...:sad:

Living on the opposite side of the globe, I can only get it at 10pm. I have to waste a full 22 hours of Tuesday waiting for the demo cuz I can't do anything before till I try Civ5!!!

So would it be on steam or you can download it from the civ5 official website?

So would it be on steam or you can download it from the civ5 official website?

I'd assume both. I love Steam's demo service -- just go through the list and decide what you would want to try, and delete it again once your are done.

Strangely, no word there about a demo, either. I would like to believe that they will surprise us with an early release ... please?

As a European I need this demo to keep myself sane whilst I wait till Friday for the release over here. The thought that it could come out earlier than Civ5 itself is nice, guess I'll have to keep checking the steam/civ5 page...

In return, non Americans should get the demo on 18th... But a bit to late for this :)

Top Bottom