democracy units

chieflookout

Chieftain
When switching to Democracy, is there an easier way to see which units are away from cities besides going thru every city and looking? Also, which units cause unhappiness and which units don't? Do ships count? Thanks.

I don't know if theres an easier way to find out which unit is actually causing unhappiness in its respective home city, but IIRC any unit (with an attack rating, including ships) outside of a fortress or city square will cause unhappiness in a democracy. :sad:

No easier way. You have to check each city. The info on units causing unhappiness is correct. Units with an attack factor cause red shields. One thing to look out for is when you get navigation. If you have Leo's, all your triremes will upgrade to caravals. This will cause a lot of unhappiness because caravals have an attack factor.

When switching to Democracy, is there an easier way to see which units are away from cities besides going thru every city and looking?
Every unit not in a city or a fort near a city causes unhappiness. That is pretty much every unit you can actually see on the screen.

One thing to look out for is when you get navigation. If you have Leo's, all your triremes will upgrade to caravals. This will cause a lot of unhappiness because caravals have an attack factor.
So do Triremes and they cause just as much unhappiness. In fact, the opposite is true. If you have Leo when you achieve Magnetism, your Caravels become Galleons which have no attack factor and cause no unhappiness.

So, do units which are stationed in cities, but not supported by that city, cause unhappiness?

...So do Triremes and they cause just as much unhappiness. In fact, the opposite is true. If you have Leo when you achieve Magnetism, your Caravels become Galleons which have no attack factor and cause no unhappiness.

Oops! Your right. I was thinking about having too many triremes homeported in the same city (w/o Shakes), when switching to Democracy and the bit about Nav and Leo's just slipped in there by mistake. :blush:

I have another question about Democracy. When you hit WLTP day in Democracy, I understand that the cities celebrate and hit a higher population level each turn. I was wondering if they will celebrate past where the food supply will sustain them, or if they stop when the food ends.

I have another question about Democracy. When you hit WLTP day in Democracy, I understand that the cities celebrate and hit a higher population level each turn. I was wondering if they will celebrate past where the food supply will sustain them, or if they stop when the food ends.
They'll keep increasing so long as they're still celebrating.

Really? I don't remember ever not increasing. Maybe I just never ran out of food.

Another thing, lol. Is there any way later in the game to avoid anarchy between governments? It just sux when you have 150 cities going into civil disorder because of anarchy, then going thru and okaying them being better the next turn (with Statue of Liberty).

No, but you can ease the pain! Use the Oedo years method to revolt the turn before an Oedo year so you only have one turn of anarchy. AND, before you revolt, pull down the game menu, click on city report options and uncheck the two items that report cities in anarchy, and out of anarchy. This will avoid that awful cycling through all those cities twice when you change govs. Just remember to turn the options back on after the revolution. And in Rep and/or demo, be sure to use the F4 key to make sure no one is in disorder or your gov will fall. You may also want to turn off the city celebrating option too, if your pushing up the lux so your cities will grow by celebrating.

Another thing, lol. Is there any way later in the game to avoid anarchy between governments? It just sux when you have 150 cities going into civil disorder because of anarchy,
By the way, when ypur going into your turn of anarchy you should set luxury rate to 60% this should reduce the number of cities rebelling. the other rates dont matter as you get no money or science in Anarchy.

Also, you can go threw the cities and use Elvis' to create more luxury
creating happy citizens to balance out the rebel scum so you shouldnt have any cities revolt

:scan:

A question came to mind today regarding Republic and cities in disorder.
Is there any further penalty to having a city in civil disorder; like it completely rebellling and going over to the Barbarians, or having the disorder spread to other cities.

the reason I ask is I was replaying GotM89, I thought of going to republic to increase the score, but one city was in civil disorder. I could have fixed it but I let it stay in disorder for quite a while and no penalty other than loss of production, science and tax for that city

any thoughts

There is no special penalty for having a republic city in disorder, beyond the effects of disorder in that city (no shield production or taxes collected). I play D+3 and frequently have a republic with cities in constant disorder. It is only democracy that collapses into anarchy if you have a city in disorder for more than one turn.

BTW, cities in disorder still produce science.

Top Bottom