Democrat Donor on the lamb

Keshik

TJ's Daddy
Norman Hsu failed to appear in court and is on the run. Will he turn up or disappear back in China?

Many of you probably haven't heard about this scandal, because he didn't give to Republicans.

article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20620113/

When they catch the guy, he can share a cell with Jack Abramoff, Duke Cunningham and Bob Ney. Throw in Ted Stevens and William Jefferson for good measure.

What about Jack Murtha and Barbara Boxer?

Hsu's lawyer represented the American Taliban guy as well.

Isn't funny that the Clinton's never seem to know anything about their largest campaign donors? I bet if the Democrats were as vested in investigating their cronies as they are in investigating Scooter Libby when there was no crime, that they'd be in prison with the Duke as well.

I bet if the Democrats were as vested in investigating their cronies as they are in investigating Scooter Libby when there was no crime, that they'd be in prison with the Duke as well.
Scooter Libby was prosecuted by a U.S. Attorney appointed by Bush before a Judge appointed by Bush.

Well, I am just shocked...shocked I say that a Clinton would take money from a criminal......

Well...maybe not so much...
The question is: Did Clinton know at the time he took "money from a criminal" that that man was a criminal? And if he didn't, what value does your comment have?

Anyway, that's what you, as a nation, create when you make donations to political parties legal. There are far better ways to fund election-campaigns that do not rely on bribing.

What is it with the Clintons and shady fund-raising connections with China? Are they the true Manchurian candidate types?

Right and one of McCain's campaign chairs was doing the gay bathroom sex thing so McCain is Gay. One of Rudy's chairs was busted on coke charges so Rudy is smoking crack. Craig was Romney's chair for Idaho. You want to do guilt by association let's go. Everyone has lots of donors, it is stupid to taint the candidates with the actions of anyone who ever worked for them or gave money to them unless they were involved or knew about the crimes. I'm sure GWB has shaken hands with a pedophile, so what.

Can everyone just stop it with the partisan hackery, already? Geez....

It's going to be a long year.

Maybe I should throw in a Reagan joke for good measure?

AT LEAST HE DIDN'T TRADE WITH TERRORISTS!!! AM I RIGHT?

I don't recall Reagen trading with any one. ;) ( although with the Alzheimer's that may have been true)

So you are suggesting we close civOT:lol: .
I'm suggesting everyone stop fighting like a bunch of little kids. Seriously guys - its 14 months until the election! Give it a break until January, at least!

I'm suggesting everyone stop fighting like a bunch of little kids. Seriously guys - its 14 months until the election! Give it a break until January, at least!

Dude, I'm so with you on this. But not just here. I wish I didn't have to hear ANYTHING from any presidential candidates until, say, June '08 at the earliest.

I'm suggesting everyone stop fighting like a bunch of little kids.

But thats the whole point of comming here. It's not the Harvard debating society.

But thats the whole point of comming here. It's not the Harvard debating society.

If that's the whole part of coming to CFC, then may God strike me down.

Was this guy a part of Senator Clinton's campaign or a mere donor?

Indicted donor poses quandary for GOP lawmakers who accepted funds
By Alexander Bolton
August 15, 2007
Seven vulnerable House Republicans face difficult decisions about whether to return contributions from a major Republican donor who was charged last week on 23 counts of bankruptcy fraud, mail fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice and perjury.

The donor, Alan Fabian, is the CEO of the Centre for Management and Technology, a Baltimore-based company. Until last week, he was also a co-chairman of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s national finance committee.
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/indicted-donor-poses-quandary-for-goplawmakers-who-accepted-funds-2007-08-15.html

Mitt Romney has asked his Utah finance committee co-chair, Robert Lichfield, who is affiliated with a controversial network of schools for troubled teens and has been dogged by allegations of abuse and fraud, to step down, Radar has learned.

Ken Kay, the president of the Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs (WWASP), a nonprofit group co-founded by Lichfield that provides consulting services to schools specializing in "behavior modification" for wayward teens, said in an e-mail that Romney has asked Lichfield to stop participating in fundraising activities for the campaign.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/09/mitt-romney-robert-lichfield.php

Norman Hsu failed to appear in court and is on the run. Will he turn up or disappear back in China?

Many of you probably haven't heard about this scandal, because he didn't give to Republicans.

article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20620113/
It's not being reported, yet you give a MSNBC link. :lol:

How about the Romney stories?

Summary: In recent days, NBC, CNN, and Fox News have all aired reports or discussed the case of Norman Hsu, who The Wall Street Journal suggested may have funneled illegal campaign contributions to Sen. Hillary Clinton. However, when Mitt Romney's national finance committee co-chairman Alan Fabian was charged with mail fraud, money laundering, bankruptcy fraud, perjury and obstruction of justice, the three networks did not report or discuss it during programs available in the Nexis database.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200709010002

Scooter Libby was prosecuted by a U.S. Attorney appointed by Bush before a Judge appointed by Bush. - JollyRoger

A US Attorney going after a legacy, who was investigating Libby on a crime that he had already ascertained, wasn't even committed.

it is stupid to taint the candidates with the actions of anyone who ever worked for them or gave money to them unless they were involved or knew about the crimes. - Mark

So you don't think that it's important for candidates to know who their TOP DONORS are? How many times are the Clintons going to have top donors end up being criminals? How many times are their campaigns going to accept fraudulant money before people wake up and smell the beans here? Do you seriously think that Clinton didn't know about this? This is clearly a situation where if they get it away with it, no skin of their back and lots of extra money. And if they can't, donate it to money, deny accountability, and come out scott clean just like every other campaign finance scandal to come out of the Clintons.

At what point to you start monitoring your LARGEST financial backers?

What is his true ties to the Clintons?

Let's not investigate this. Instead, let's hire a special prosecutor to go after Karl Rove to smear Bush.

It's not being reported, yet you give a MSNBC link. - JollyRoger

So... who goes to MSNBC.com?

And again, EVERY news report about this has NOT been critical towards Hillary. They blindly follow the "I had no idea this was happening" ruitine that the Clintons have always pulled. Then they cantonize her for giving that money to charity, without ever looking into what has actually taken place.

Top Bottom