Democratic debate Jan. 31

Bamspeedy

CheeseBob
Debate Tonight on CNN, 8PM EST

Figured I would open this to give people a heads up and for some quick predictions before it starts.

First head-head debate between Hillary and Obama. No Edward's gaining support by sitting back watching the fight, or ganging up on one of them.

Any bets on if "it could get ugly out there"? (borrowing a Cafferty quote).

Obama's the changiest change that ever changed.
Clinton's going to trot out that she's a "change agent," presumably from the Central Changing Agency, where only certified change agents are on call 24/7.

I get the feeling it will be pretty mild, actually.

Somewhat off topic but, still relevant: IIRC on a few forums I go 2 everyone was wondering me why Obama did so well in Rural Nevada during the caucus (like over 75% in some counties)

People in Rural Nevada are just like *Cafferty, the way they talk and how quickly they get mad when they seem to think a politician is pandering to them.

* He is actually from North Vegas but, since he is an older guy he talks/acts like the Rural people. Vegas has been getting people from all over recently. - Reno has a lot of Northern Californians know.

They should have had this one at the Carter Library and Museum here in Atlanta. It would have been easier for CNN, since they're based here, and it would have provided a good contrast to the Reagan Library last night.

Okay, it just would have made me chuckle to hear them invoke Carter every answer.

I think it'll be pretty mild. Clinton's campaign has come off as too viscous these past two weeks. Obama doesn't want to 'go down to her level'

They should have had this one at the Carter Library and Museum here in Atlanta. It would have been easier for CNN, since they're based here, and it would have provided a good contrast to the Reagan Library last night.

Okay, it just would have made me chuckle to hear them invoke Carter every answer.

I don't want to hear anything about Carter as we slip into a recession :cringe:

Not that I think he is entirely responsible for what happened during his term but, still.

Or better yet, they could have it at the (Bill) Clinton Library. And that way, when they ask Hillary about releasing papers from the Clinton Presidency, she could just walk back behind the stage and start going through files herself.

Or better yet, they could have it at the (Bill) Clinton Library. And that way, when they ask Hillary about releasing papers from the Clinton Presidency, she could just walk back behind the stage and start going through files herself.

I almost suggested that one, but Atlanta would be more convenient.

And having it at the Clinton Library risks Hillary taking documents out of the place in her socks to shred later.

I almost suggested that one, but Atlanta would be more convenient.

And having it at the Clinton Library risks Hillary taking documents out of the place in her socks to shred later.

Lots of things can fit in a pantsuit.

That was my first objection to her "new people" rhetoric, and it was early in her campaign. It might have been the day after she promised "out with the old, in with the new". I guess that was except felons who destroyed national archive evidence proving her husband's incompetance. They get a pass to the front row!

I think the debate tonight will be a "who is nicer" competition. If Obama can taunt one glare from her, he will have won.

I expect Hillary to be aggressive. She is on a loosing trend in the polls. Unless she can take him down somehow she will lose this. Expect weed to come up. Obama is for decriminalizing, which while popular here is I don't think a winning issue elsewhere.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! It's starting! Grab the vodka!

Still expect a rather bland debate though. I may be wrong.

All right, I'm here.

We're drinking to "change" and "hope", right?

All right, I'm here.

We're drinking to "change" and "hope", right?

No, I want you to survive.

Though, we could also drink to "Bush."

There are no rules?!?

I expect Hillary to be aggressive. She is on a loosing trend in the polls. Unless she can take him down somehow she will lose this. Expect weed to come up. Obama is for decriminalizing, which while popular here is I don't think a winning issue elsewhere.

But in being aggressive, doesn't she play to the image that is making her support fade? It's an interesting catch-22 for her, since Bill can't intercede and play bad guy in the debate itself.

I'm still at work. I called my wife (Hillary supporter) to have her record it.

Moderator: "There are no rules"!

Let it begin!

d00m and gl00m!

But in being aggressive, doesn't she play to the image that is making her support fade? It's an interesting catch-22 for her, since Bill can't intercede and play bad guy in the debate itself.

Her negatives can't go any higher. She will be aggressive on "issues".

Top Bottom