Demogame goals, new ways..

invy

Prince
Since there is so strong support for peacefull Demogame we should make some plans or this will become very boring game. I must agree we're too strong and at this point we can simply conquer Iros or Zulu in 10 turns or even faster so warmongering wouldn't make it fun either.

Here are some ideas:

- we're playing perfect goverment, let us use Democracy

- we're researching Cavalry paths and don't want wars.. Let us head for Democracy as best peaceful goverment

- establish embassies all over the world and inititate trades (we might even sell our contacts and make bonds between people if we're going to be nice)

- lets build improvements and boost all our cities to 12 pop with workers/settlers

- build every possible wonder we can get

- peaceful wars, espionage: flip Swazi, Elipi (to get wines), Mauch Chunk (silks), Hlobane (horses)...

- we should become mayor commercial and scientific force and give loans and sell techs etc.

These 2 lines are contradictory:
- we should become mayor commercial and scientific force and give loans and sell techs etc.
- establish embassies all over the world and inititate trades (we might even sell our contacts and make bonds between people if we're going to be nice)
The trade contacts part.

I personally want to start the discussion first about "Victory Goal". If that is set we can discuss ways and strategies to reach it.

My Victory goal should be well-known now; Diplomatic Victory. I invite agreers and not-agreers to discuss each option. And please don't just shout "Cultural Victory" or "Domination", without expressing why you think this goal is preferable over others.

I would like to go for Diplomatic as this goal requires long time planning and a good attitude and reputation. It requires that we think about the consequences of our actions. And it invites discussions on how it should be achieved. Lots of trades, or trade only to selected nations; do we intervene in war and if yes, in what way; Who will we be likely running against and what are our chances in the election; how can we turn some votes (without the cheap and easy dogpile on the opponent); etc.

A real Democracy game, so to say.

invy said:
- we're playing perfect goverment, let us use Democracy
Just use the government that the people want - though I agree that Democracy would be good (we'd only have a 1 turn anarchy), and fast workers would be nice. Also, war weariness would discourage wars.

- we're researching Cavalry paths and don't want wars.. Let us head for Democracy as best peaceful goverment
I think it's too late to go after Democracy, the AIs will be there - but even if we don't build Cavalry, we can still research the tech and sell it, right?

Trading is fine with me...it can only help you.

- lets build improvements and boost all our cities to 12 pop with workers/settlers
Our cities will grow their natural course - of course, if we have roads and mines/irrigation, then that will help.

- build every possible wonder we can get
I disagree with that; at most, we should built one wonder. This will make a Monarch game a *little bit* harder...which is what we need.

- peaceful wars, espionage: flip Swazi, Elipi (to get wines), Mauch Chunk (silks), Hlobane (horses)...
I'll all for cultural wars by building up our culture...I don't know if we'll flip all those big cities, but I hope so.

I disagree with loans, but trading + selling techs for profits is always nice.

That's my view on this demogame. :)

We could realize some of this ideas. If the game is too easy then we should sell contacts and stop building wonders to make it harder, but what are we going to do then :) it would neglect many things we were planing and doing during the game..

From my expirience for Diplomatic victory you don't have to plan too much. It is enough not to break treaties and to be rich. Money/techs will buy needed votes..

invy said:
From my expirience for Diplomatic victory you don't have to plan too much. It is enough not to break treaties and to be rich. Money/techs will buy needed votes..

You also to not need to be beating everyone else in rank.

Top Bottom