Demogame III discussion

when will there be official polls on this??

could I put a oficcial poll for something Ive oyt up a "unofficial poll on before?? How many votes does it take to make the suggestion go trough? How long time is the time limit on the official polls??

How about a poll on whether to use Civ 3 v1.29, PTW v1.14 or PTW v.1.21 (I think those are the correct patch numbers).

Lets play one the great mod we have...
Suggsestions:
Fantasy Empires
Test of Time
Double Your Pleasure

This would give a cool experience....

we should use ptw 1.14...

Because the european version of that hasn't been released yet. I assume you have the US edition, Cheetah?

Acctualy I do, but im still running 1.14f for some reason. Haven't played it in a while. Whenever I have time to play I play Master of Orion III now.

maybe it would be worth doing a poll to see if we choose to be a PTW civ or not. If we ended up choosing a non-PTW civ we wouldn't need to use PTW.

I don't see how we can choose PTW. First, it eliminates at least a third of our players. Second, the current version could not even be used or we would eliminate even more of our players.

thats fair. It really doesn't matter to me.

I'm more interested in settings. We got ourselves into a pickle by picking emperor/huge map/15 AIs. We need to think more rationally.

Preliminary polls in Apolyton suggest they will play a deity game for their next DG. I think we should challenge ourselves and go deity/tiny map...

I'm totally against a diety game. Emperor showed how stifling it can be and diety play demands total adherence to a strategy. There would be no realistic way to allow participatory government at diety level.

I would rather play a Solo Deity, Emperor Game. For sakes of the Demogame, We should be playing on a Monarch level since it is a perfict benchline for the Difficulty Level.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I'm totally against a diety game. Emperor showed how stifling it can be and diety play demands total adherence to a strategy. There would be no realistic way to allow participatory government at diety level.

Well, if you'd all consider PTW we could try a team democracy game. An intra-CFC demogame along the lines of the multi-site demogame. It could be played with no AI...

As for PTW v1.14 vs. v.1.21, I still use v1.14 because I play PBEM with non-USA players. Would using v1.21 really eliminate so many demogame players in a *single player* demogame? I know that there have been demogame government officials who did not even have Civ 3 available but who still held office. Citizens who are unable to access the save would still be able to participate if game information were properly presented in the forums. The demogames have lacked a comprehensive and organized information base about the Civ 3 game. Perhaps playing a version which limits players access to the save would be beneficial if leaders were made responsible to get information presented to the demogame public. A citizen need not even have access to the save him or herself if he or she could recruit an underlying beauracracy capable of getting the info out onto the forums. Most of the work along these lines has been done by the demogame *private sector*, i.e., not by elected leaders as part of their department duties. The cartographic office is an excellant example of the kind of information beauracracy needed no matter what version of Civ/PTW is chosen.

Another big question that should be addressed in any discussion about DG3 is the turn chat. Should it be continued as is, continued on a modified basis or done away with entirely?

I see one problem with an intra-CFC demogame. THe Game of the Republic went down since someone did not pass along the save like they should.

Top Bottom