1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(DemoGame IV) DP Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Nominate a citizen from the council to be our first leader. Citizens may nominate themselves, but it must be seconded by another citizen. If you are nominated by another citizen you must accept it by post or your name will not be on the ballot. We can also use this thread to discuss a good civ/leader related name for our DP.

2. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

well i nominate you like I said long ago.you're the one who really worked hard here to make it happen

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

There were alot of other people involved too. We still need a little help from a MOD but I'm glad we are finally rolling :D . I accept the nomination and I nominate 1889 for first DP.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I will second both Lord Civius and 1889.

5. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Anyone have an idea for the name of our elected leader or council? Hammurabi was a King but we chose a council style Government and not a Monarchy. Throughout early Russian history they were led by a Grand (or Great) Prince. We could go with a Council of Princes and give the elected leader the title of Grand Prince. Any one else have a suggestion?

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

A Veiliky Knyaz?

The Novgorod Republic used what is described as a "mixed" government. It was ruled with an oiliarchy, democracy, and monarchy combination. In this case, some issues were ruled by the few, others by the many, and some by one. This might be the best way to run our state.

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Expanding on my previous post-

My suggestion is that we have the Velikiy Knyaz, our elected leader, make important and more critical desicsions like war and peace along with moderating the Council, the Knyazs. The Council will then make descions like troop movement, cities, and trading. Finally the people contol ect.

8. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

we could name it also the Golden Horde...

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I've I already incoperated the Vandals, might as well include the Tartars.

10. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I think we should keep the council as a strictly advisory body to the elected leader. Let us not get bogged down with red tape and unnecessary hold-ups. However we could incorporate the mixed Government idea by giving the elected leader the title of King. This would keep us in line with our Civ Leaders' (Hammurabi) rank. The Oligarchy Council could then be kept in line with our Russian civilization. Either Council of Princes, Dukes or Boyars (Great Land-owners) would all be inline with Russian history.

11. Cyc

King Hammurbi along with Council of Princes works for me.

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

So I say we split up the people into a few groups-

Velikiy Knyaz- Our Soverign
    Council of the Knyaz's- The Advisors and so forth.
    Gertsog (dukes)- City governors
    Boyars- Land-Owners
    Free People
    Slaves

13. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Velikiy Knyaz is simply the German translation for Grand Prince. Personally I think we should probably stick with English or perhaps a Russian translation as neither our leader nor civ is German. City Governors do not fit our Government style but I am all for including Boyars. If we keep the mechanics very simple Land-Ownership could add some flavor to the game.

14. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

@1889, do you accept the nomination?

BTW sorry for the back to back posts.

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Actually, Velikiy Knyaz (Великий князь) is in fact the Russian Translation. Großfürst is the German translation. I included city governors, because I did not realize that we were cutting them out.

16. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

You are absolutely right Vandal, I was in a hurry when I translated it on Google. I still like the idea of using a King with the Council of Princes.

17. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I think a King would add a lot more order to the Council.

18. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Never trust Google when translating. ;) I too like the Idea of a king as our Soverign. Seeing as we use Russian titles for the nobility, why not use Hammurabi's name, ˤAmmurāpi, as the title for king title? Either that, or Tsar.

19. Cyc

Tsar Hammurabi has a ring to it. I like it. Spans the two tribes. This would be the in-game verbage set at the begining? The DemoGame Leader would also have the title of Tsar?

The Tsar oversees the Council of Princes, who in return, offer up suggestions of efficiencies and other political and economic ventures to the Tsar.

20. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl