1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(DemoGame IV) DP Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Nov 25, 2009.

1. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

at the number we are anyway there will be a Tsar and a small council underneath it...I can't see another way, its just the name that will change.

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Then it is settled, each elected leader will choose his/her title out of the following choices:
    King/Queen
    Tsar

It is the duty of the King to oversee the council and play the save in a reasonable time frame. This time frame shall be decided by the council and included in the Councils Code of Laws. Other than that Cyc put it nicely "The Tsar/King oversees the Council of Princes, who in return, offer up suggestions of efficiencies and other political and economic ventures to the Tsar/King."

Each elected leader will then choose, from the coucil, a Grand Prince/Princess or Velikiy Knyaz. It is the duty of the Grand Prince to take the role of the King should he become incapacitated or inactive and unable to play the save.

The Council shall be known as the "Council of Princes". Any citizen of the Dgame may become a Prince and join the council at whatever capacity he/she chooses. Each Prince is encouraged to start a discussion thread in line with the office they choose in the Roles and Responsibilities thread.

If 1889 hasn't accepted his nomination or another citizen has not been nominated in the next 24 hours I will assume that no one wants to challenge me.

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I concur with what LC has written in post #22 of this thread.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

So this thread ended up being both the nominations for DP and also King/Tsar?

Post 22 looks reasonable to me.

I would be willing to DP and fulfill an open council need, if RL were kind. Right now it's not, so I won't make a commitment that I might not be able to keep. Lurking occasional participant looks good for now. ;)

Forum renames have been requested and the obvious sticky changes are done. If the admins decide on new forums then looks like it should be easy to figure out what to copy over.

5. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

Finally! thanks!

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I guess this can also be the nomination for Tsar as well... But that is up for everyone else. Personally, I say we use this for Tsar nominations as well.

7. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I was going by this ;)

So maybe it was for nominating the leader, who happens to also be the DP... :cool:

8. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Cyc- Historian
    NKVD- Cartographer
    Vandal Warlord- Military Leader
    Mike6424- Research/Tech Path
    Civplayah- Religion/Culture
    Grant2004- Foreign Affairs
    Lord Civius- Economy/City Management
    1889- Espionage
    Shipnah- Undecided
    Bowsling- RPG Land Management

This is the current council list (please tell me if I have made an error)- Therefore, only one of the Knyaz (Russian for Prince) can be elected to the position of Tsar.

9. Cyc

:king: Let's hear it for King Lord Civius!!! :king:

:clap::bowdown::worship::hatsoff::woohoo::rockon:[party]:band::beer::high5::cheers:

And thank you, DaveShack!

10. civplayah

civplayah fronter

The council sounds good to me.

Hail Civius!

11. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

And here comes my favorite part... Rebellions!!!! :mwaha::devil::mwaha:

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Sorry guys my computer took a major crap on me. It is still not 100% but it is functioning enough to surf the web and play civ. I am honored to be the first King and can play the save as soon as we are ready.

13. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I would like to nominate Vandal Warlord, chief of the Goldenhorde army, to be our new King.

14. Cyc

I'll second Vandal.

15. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

third then how many do we need ?

16. Cyc

Three is enough. :)

We are in legal limbo here. The council's draft of the Constitution was never completed and approved. This relieves us from any hardline directives for completing the task of replacing Lord Civius as King.

1889 was chosen by King LC to be the Grand Prince and rightly take over as King in a situation like this. But apparently 1889 didn't accept the position. This leaves us with no immediate replacement for LC. Had our Constitution been approved, we would have only one Prince (I believe) eligible for nomination to the throne. That would be me, as I was the only other participant in a Turn Chat besides the King. But as the Constitution was not completed and approved, we are not bound by that proposed restriction. Therefore, it is decreed that any Cossack citizen may be eligible for nomination as King of the Goldenhorde until the Constitution is approved.

As of this day, only Vandal Warlord has been nominated as King. Vandal must post his acceptance or denouncement of the nomination in this thread for either to be official.

What say you Vandal Warlord?

17. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Right the constitution was never ratified and even if it was it would have ruled out any replacement for Civius prior to the start of the game. I know some of you enjoy the constitutional convention but that part bores me and many other potential participants. Besides we really don't need all those rules to start a game of Civ do we?

I approve the pugilistic Vandal to free our people from the grip of the lawyers and settle our first great city.

18. Cyc

[Cyc takes off his lawyer hat...]
    Uhmmm. The game has already started, 1889. We've already founded our Capital city of Babylograd. I believe we're about to complete a Scout and our first Tech. Glad you could come onboard. We still need to hear from Vandal Warlord.

19. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

See thats exactly the sort of quick action that this game needs. Nice job everyone.

20. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I accept your nomination and take over as Tsar Vasyl I. I would also like to appoint civplayah, as Grand Prince.