Demographics

Atlas627

Deity
I have been trying to look at the Demographics more to determine where people stand in MP (with AI I don't really care, but other players are always worth checking up on, especially when waiting for next turn).

Can somebody inform me of what these stats mean? And what about the rankings that come up every so often? Some are not obvious as to what they represent, like the military one.

So the Demographics include:

Population (1000 per citizen, no fractions for growth)
Crop Yield (1 per food total, not an average)
Production (1 per hammer total, not an average)
GNP (1 per gpt total, not an average)
Land (not sure, is it 1000 per land tile and 1000 per city, or just 1000 per tile?)
Soldiers (no idea here.)
Approval (again, what?)
Literacy (only specific techs add to this but I don't know which ones)

And the rankings are:

Social Policies adopted (includes openers right?)
Gold in treasury
Total Techs researched
Military Strength (how is this determined exactly?)
Happiness
Production (again, what?)
(Were there any others?)

Soliders: Each unit type is worth X soldiers; the stronger the unit type, the more solders a unit of that type is.

Approval: Based on global happiness: If its high enough it maxes out at 100%.

Literacy: Until you have Writing, locked at 0%. After that it is the total number of techs you have divided by the total number of techs in the game.

The soliders / military strength is what the AI uses to determine a players strength. Little bearing in reality when a human is fighting the AI.

I have been trying to look at the Demographics more to determine where people stand in MP (with AI I don't really care, but other players are always worth checking up on, especially when waiting for next turn).

Can somebody inform me of what these stats mean? And what about the rankings that come up every so often? Some are not obvious as to what they represent, like the military one.

So the Demographics include:

Population (1000 per citizen, no fractions for growth)
Crop Yield (1 per food total, not an average)
Production (1 per hammer total, not an average)
GNP (1 per gpt total, not an average)
Land (not sure, is it 1000 per land tile and 1000 per city, or just 1000 per tile?)
Soldiers (no idea here.)
Approval (again, what?)
Literacy (only specific techs add to this but I don't know which ones)

And the rankings are:

Social Policies adopted (includes openers right?)
Gold in treasury
Total Techs researched
Military Strength (how is this determined exactly?)
Happiness
Production (again, what?)
(Were there any others?)

Pretty sure the population number is not right since you can have one city with 10 citizens versus 10 cities with one citizen and the single city will have a much higher population.

Literacy is 0% until writing and then each 1% is one tech researched.

UUs give more military strength than standard units.

For example, 5 jaguars will show more power to Monty than France with 5 warriors.

UUs give more military strength than standard units.

For example, 5 jaguars will show more power to Monty than France with 5 warriors.

More specifically, promotions add to soldier count. Unit health also adds/subtracts soldier count.

Ok, so military does seem to represent actual military strength, including tech, UUs, promotions, and health.

I still have no idea what 100% approval means, or anything below that.

And people are saying that Literacy (no writing) = 0%, Literacy (w/writing) = #techs%?

I still have no idea what 100% approval means, or anything below that.

And people are saying that Literacy (no writing) = 0%, Literacy (w/writing) = #techs%?

100% approval: Your global happiness is at or above X.
50% approval: Your global happiness is 0.
0% approval: Your global happiness is at or below -X.

The other percentages are tied somewhere in there.

Exact value of X unknown.

In practice, its common for the AI to be at 100%.
A human is unlikely to be at 100% unless going for cultural victory.

Yes; if you have Writing its the percentage of the tree tree you have rounded to the nearest percent.

Top Bottom