Demonology

zxcvbnm

The Nobody
Kael said:
There are 2 kinds of demons. The most powerful were lesser angels in the service of the 8 angels/gods that fell. The less powerful were once mortal's whose souls have become corrupted. From the lowest Mares, to Imps (mages who have traded their soul for power), to the Sect of Flies (false prophets), to the Ruhin (betrayers).

To give you some indication of the power level the Balor are the weakest of the "true" demons (those that were never mortal).

There are the "low" demons (ex-mortals) and "true" demons (nevermortals)

What are these groups called? Corrupt/fallen souls and fallen angels?

What are Balors? I heard they formed from Agares's darkness and Bhall's fire on their border, but thus they aren't fallen angels but something else...

There are the "low" demons (ex-mortals) and "true" demons (nevermortals)

What are these groups called? Corrupt/fallen souls and fallen angels?

What are Balors? I heard they formed from Agares's darkness and Bhall's fire on their border, but thus they aren't fallen angels but something else...

Balors are the least of the true demons, the foot soldiers of dark gods. They are specifically in Agares employ, though other evil gods have similiar creatures.

Which gods use Demons? I know Agares, as well as Camulos (The Avatar) and Mammon (Drowns/Stygian), and Bhall probably does. Do Esus and Mulcarn use them. I imagine Mulcarn preffered Ice Giants and Frost;ings.

Any true angel in the service of an evil god is a true demon. Any soul bound into the service of an evil god is a lesser demon. So all the evil gods have demons, though they have a variety of forms.

Thats not to say that most of the gods dont have a variety of other creatures and races pledged to them. The nice thing about fleshy followers is that they aren't bound by the compact so all the gods use them to some degree.

Sort of on topic, would the demons in FfH be closer to demons or devils from D&D (i.e. chaotic/lawful)? Doesn't have much to do with anything, the thought just passed through my head.

Kol.7 is right. Camulos's angels in particular wage constant war against each other and his hell is massive battlefield (that would be an interesting scenario). But other gods are incrediably hierarchical.

I can see Mulcarn, the god of stasis, lording it over a massive and byzantine bureaucracy. Nowhere in the world is anything (promotions or decisions, for example) as glacial as in a bureaucracy, particular in a European-style welfare state (I should know, I live in one).

Sooo. . . If a lessor demon is a human soul who works for a 'evil' god, what is a human soul that works for a 'good' god called?

Top Bottom