1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Denmark questions

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by crdvis16, Feb 13, 2020.

1. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Does anyone know what the consequences of repeatedly DoWing CSs in order to pillage are? I'm not necessarily conquering them, just DoWing, pillaging everything, then peacing once I've gotten my fill of culture/gold. If there are no real consequences aside from lowering your influence then this seems somewhat exploitable I think?

Also, does anyone know if Great Lighthouse movement buff affects embarked units? Denmark would greatly benefit from coastal embarkment/disembarkment tactics if it does.

2. andersw

andersw King

The resting value goes down the second time you declare, not sure if there is a cap on how much for repeated wars.
    I have also noticed AI's a lot more declaring wars from what I assume are city state quests, ie if I attack and steal a CS worker I am likely to pay for that later in form of diplo down the drain.

Edit:
    Great Lighthouse
    "All military naval units receive the Navigator I Promotion (+1 movement and +1 sight)."
    Unlikely to include embarked units.

crdvis16 likes this.
  3. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Anders answered your questions pretty nicely - but I'm curious what they have to do with Denmark in particular?

4. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Denmark's runestone gives culture/gold from pillaging. CSs are an easy target to farm pillaging tiles. You could have a melee unit in their borders, DoW, pillage a bunch of tiles, and then peace with impunity. Rinse/repeat for every CS and repeat it all again once their workers have repaired the tiles. I'm glad there's repercussions like lowered resting influence level though I'm not sure it's enough. Maybe the biggest deterrent is that it's somewhat tedious to do and feels pretty gamey/exploitive.

For the extra movement when embarked thing- Denmark units pay one movement point to embark/disembark. The idea would be to buff their embarked movement points as high as possible and then then they disembark they have a bunch of movement leftover on land. So a unit that normally has only two movement points on land ends up with 4 or something if they started the turn embarked on the coast.

5. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

You could add to this that if you have enough workers for repairs, then a previously-razed enemy city city can have it's neutral tiles pillaged and repaired over and over again.

6. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Oh and I should add that my original question was impelled by my thinking "Netherlands" when you said "Denmark." All better now.

crdvis16 likes this.
  7. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Ah interesting. If that does work that's definitely an exploit that should be fixed.