Denounced - happiness falls from +7 to -8!!! WTF!

ArchaicWarrior

Chieftain
Ok, just been patched and an opponent just denouced me and happiness fell 15!! WTF!

I did nothing to initiate this and nothing else happened that turn to account for it.

What's going on?????? :crazyeye::crazyeye:

Ok, just been patched and an opponent just denouced me and happiness fell 15!! WTF!

I did nothing to initiate this and nothing else happened that turn to account for it.

What's going on?????? :crazyeye::crazyeye:

Lost trade treaties??

Rat

Any before and after sceenshots to see if the political situation changed?

Grrrr don't tell me old games aren't compatible with the CIV update, which i had no choice in accepting or refusing! :mad:

I've checked the 2 happiness menus, before and after, the only difference appears to be a different difficulty level and lost "cities connected to capital" (BUGS!!) (see pictures)

Please tell me these are bugs and my saved game isn't lost! :cry:

Attachments

• CIV_DenounceBefore.jpg
    CIV_DenounceBefore.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 454
  • CIV_DenounceAfter.jpg
    CIV_DenounceAfter.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 476
Meritocracy was nerfed, you're not getting the +13 happiness for cities connected to the Capital. This is a direct result of loading the game started pre-patch and now suffering from post-patch changes.

This is probably why they have mega patches rather than frequent small patches. Just start a new save :p

Consider yourself warned & defeated by ravages from Sav_ag_es!
In a sense, it's a good thing people *want* to finish their earliest games. They're soooo afraid of the new challenge, it may just well be a deep breath before virtual thunder strikes for real.

And, get rid of that Barbarian would you. 11 Horses unused! Plenty of Iron to bring Swords to the battle field.

I'm actually having this same issue. I have that social policy of meritocracy and I no longer see any +happiness from cities connected to the trade network.

Don't know if this is a save/load issue from games started previously to the patch or what, but I will start a new game and see if it works or not.

Don't feel bad. Mine dropped from positive 8 or so to -48!!! post patch. Had a lot to do with FP only doing 25% rather than 50% and the circus being 2 instead of 3 and happy buildings only helping to the pop limit of the city. I almost did something nasty in my pants! Had to build a LOT of theaters etc. Wound up having a barbarian uprising--5 rifle armed cav surrounding my capital!!! It was ugly. Eventually dealt with the barbs and bribed a couple of CS with luxury resources, conquered another and made a trade deal at a disadvantage and got above below -20 so I no longer have to worry about revolt. Then worked in the happy buildings. I am not an ICS player, but I tend to play for domination and can't ever bring myself to raze anything-might have to reconsider;-)

it's a good thing people *want* to finish their earliest games

"Earliest" games meaning the game he was probably playing and loving up until a day ago when the his game was fundamentally altered by rule changes? There are a lot of people who would rather just finish a game they're already deeply invested in before starting a new game under new rules.

They're soooo afraid of the new challenge

Might it be that he was just "soooo" into his game? You know, it's really kinda normal to get attached to the game that a person already has placed many hours into.

virtual thunder strikes for real

Uhhhhh.....I guess you're referring to starting a new game under the changed rules. Virtual thunder = reduced happiness.

can't ever bring myself to raze anything-might have to reconsider;-)
Post-patch : burn everything to the ground. They probably need to add a few more luxury resources...otherwise the map is going to become an empty *wasteland* when pursuing a Domination victory. ;)

Post-patch : burn everything to the ground. They probably need to add a few more luxury resources...otherwise the map is going to become an empty *wasteland* when pursuing a Domination victory. ;)

Although it is amazing how quickly some AI will come with a settler to that burned out site if it can get there.

I had a similar experience. Came home from work yesterday and patched and then opened my saved game. My happiness had fallen from +17 to -8. It was in year 1948 and I was planning two massive wars to take the rest of my continent and part of another. I ended up just starting another game. Sucked pretty bad.

Building happiness values have now changed too.

Then why did you download the patch if you wanted to finish an earlier game??? You didn't have to download it, you know. Besides, why the complaint about the drop in happiness? Just consider it a challenge to try to improve.

Then why did you download the patch if you wanted to finish an earlier game??? You didn't have to download it, you know. Besides, why the complaint about the drop in happiness? Just consider it a challenge to try to improve.

Not everyone can be expected to know that you can delay patching and not everyone is au fait with steam enough to understand how to delay patching. Perhaps the OP just wasn't aware?

Top Bottom