Departamento da Forças Armadas

I never thought I'd say it, but I don't believe in this either.

Well here's some good news. Sullla's response

Spoiler :
Sullla said:
slaze said:
I heard you were investigating Sancta's luck regarding their battles. PLEASE DO. It really feels like they can manipulate things. This is what I posted in team Cav forcas armadas

And I could add two musket battles they won at not so good odds 13.5 v 11 as well as kaz complaining much earlier in the game about some 10% odds battles sancta won. It all looks too suspect. They don't lose

That you for those combat results. I was going to log into Team Cav myself to double-check what happened. I agree that this is all extremely, unbelievably suspicious. One time getting lucky could certainly happen. But EVERY battle that team SANCTA has fought has seen them win at ridiculous odds. It's not natural. No one could possibly be that lucky.

I will ask SANCTA for an explanation in their private forum, and if they can't provide a satisfactory answer, I will create a discussion thread in the General forum.

Sullla

Yeah, sorry guys, this looks like some real BS. Especially since the same thing happened earlier in the game... multiple times. I have given SANCTA a chance to explain themselves, but I don't see how this could possibly be fair.

I can't believe what I am reading here... tx for investigating Sulla.

edit: @Slaze: when did the battles happened? Before them requesting a pause or after?

I don't know, it doesn't record the time. Probably during Memphus' log in where there's a decrease in score. That looks to be the same minute as his request post, so after the request. That's the only log in where he was around for a substancial amount of time

They decided they couldn't prove anything, and the game is to continue with a few precautions.

Thoughts?

Well, I certainly think they can be beaten (so long as battle outcomes begin to take on a normal distribution), given our current position. But in regards to the past, i was going to make a post in the verdict thread to give my veiw but I'll start here first. The fact that the issue was raised about performing battle actions and then other actions and then back to battle makes me think that this sort of tactic was taking place. Rik Meleet stated that they added a utility to safeguard the RNG from being tinkered with but if they have some way to see the outcome of a battle before they take it they would have no need to alter the RNG. And the imposed new rule about tinkering with workers and such to give a new RNG option is a rule that I see impossible to enforce. So to me, and if they have a way to know the outcomes, nothing's changed.

And so, I feel like Ireland. I tried to make a fuss but got denied, and Memphus' handball stands.

Disappointing. I wasn't expecting them to be able to prove anything, but I was hoping the culprit responsible would admit guilt and resign from the game.

Agreed, I wouldn't know where to begin to prove anything either. But this is Memphus. I'd never expect him to quit. He logs in 5 times a day. He loves this crap.

It would be nice if we could see another turnplayer over there. I'd certainly feel that the game was much more credible.

Performing actions that need no RNG input will not affect the next roll of the RNG, so worker actions are rather meaningless in this context. I recall there was a discussion before the game started about how it should be outlawed to save the game locally. If you can do that, "scripting" a sequence to get the maximal outcome seems doable. But scripting still wouldn't explain the outrageous luck in that sequence, as that was way beyond a reasonable "maximal" outcome. And I reckon it would take a long long time to script a sequence like that. To actually get a good outcome you would need to affect the RNG.

So what else could affect the RNG? Nothing ingame manipulable by the player, I've been through all the possibilities there. If you had custom python assets it's possible you could manipulate the sequence, but it seems impossible that we wouldn't have caught anyone with different assets (and that should be logged too I believe?).

I wonder if there is some other way to possibly reset the initial seed? Pausing? Logging in? Those things lie outside the dll, so we can't check the code for it. But it would still take a prohibitively long time to script a reasonable outcome.

I guess the mod verdict also means we shouldn't keep speculating, but hey, I'm beyond suspicious in this case. The PRNG used is a simple linear generator which simply won't produce sequences like the one exhibited here. I haven't had much interest in this game for quite a while, and this is simply the last straw (or boulder).

I guess the mod verdict also means we shouldn't keep speculating, but hey, I'm beyond suspicious in this case. The PRNG used is a simple linear generator which simply won't produce sequences like the one exhibited here. I haven't had much interest in this game for quite a while, and this is simply the last straw (or boulder).
This sums it up for me too.

Niklas: you are right that worker actions do not influence the RNG. These are mentioned in the new rules to make the nucleus of the rule (the 3 phases) more distinguishable, not for their RNG influence.

We have (also with the help of the game designers at Firaxis) gone over the ways to get these unusual results both in-game and out-of-game and our conclusion is that, although it is theoretically possible, there are strong indications these have not happened. As a precaution we've installed the software on the server now, that detects RNG-manipulation. It is now still theoretically possible to illegally manipulate the RNG, but it is impossible to do that unnoticed.

You can speculate in your closed forum. If you come across another "suspicious" thing, please post it in your closed forum and use the "report a post" button to draw mod attention to it. Or send a PM.

In my book 2+2=4. SANCTA were unbelievable lucky against Kaz earlier in the game, now they have defied the odds once again in combat with us. The arrogance of certain SANCTA players along with some comments in the MSN logs, lead me to believe that there is more to this than meets the eye. This has in my view be tacatically acknowledged by the measures that the mods have put in place.

Add this to the other factors within the team, makes it difficult to want to partipate. So I won't.

Top Bottom