Departamento da Informação Estratégica

Doh! Of course.

Turn 65 espionage update:

How long does it take for changes to show up in the demographics screens? Because there's no sign of Kazakhstan having a library yet. Top GNP has increased to 69. (Ours is 47, for graph-comparison purposes.)

Score
Spoiler :

GNP
Spoiler :

MFG
Spoiler :

CY
Spoiler :

Power
Spoiler :

Culture
Spoiler :

Espionage
Spoiler :

In other news, we had population gains for Saturn (new town with 8 new land tiles), whose cities are now sizes 5, 2 and 1; and for MS, whose cities are now sizes 3, 3 and 1.

In "soldiers" news, MS got credit for animal husbandry, and either MS or Kazakhstan grabbed another 6K that is probably an axe. As neither team seems inclined to clarify their military builds to me, I don't yet know which one the axe belongs to.

2 turns i belive. axe is indeed 6K

Turn 66 update:

Kazakhstan got polytheism from us and grew two population points to a total of 12 (6, 3, 2 and 1). Their library (and its effects) did finally show up on the demographics charts.

No change for Saturn.

Sancta got 2K in soldiers, which may well be a forge in their capital; top MFG also increased from 34 to 41 this turn. Even so, they almost have to be building something with a multiplier as well, don't they? With them still lacking writing, it would have to be the Colossus.

MS settled their fourth city, total population now 8 (3, 3, 1, 1). The workboat turned out to have found their holy city, Perimeter:
Spoiler :

No buildings, right? I don't know what all of them look like. [Edit: granary] Anyway, Perimeter has a cow to its southeast, which they have a worker now improving. [Edit: and clams, which are already hooked up.] The rest of MS's score increase is due to the founding of Perimeter 20 turns back, btw.

That is a granary...

The round thing? Thanks.

Also of note is the lack of garrison, which could mean that Perimeter is their threatened city -- horrible for them, if true. I think it's more likely their third city, though.

If it was they could whip defense there...

Too true.

In any case, their city still stands, and is now size 2, so I'd guess the threat is over.

Screenshots from turn 67:

Demographics charts, taken at the beginning of the turn (after MS)
Spoiler score :

Spoiler power :

Spoiler GNP :

Spoiler MFG :

Spoiler CY :

No sign yet of Kaz having built an axe, so maybe that was MS who did that? I think we should be able to see MS's demographics charts pretty soon.

Demographics after MS played (beginning of turn 67)
Spoiler :

And after Kaz played (actually while Saturn's turnplayer was logged in and about to end turn, so a little ambiguous)
Spoiler :

And after Saturn played
Spoiler :

Turn 67 update:

The one weird demographic anomaly is that after SANCTA played, both the highest and the lowest rival MFG decreased, from 41 to 36 and from 14 to 11, respectively. But GNP and MFG did not significantly change, so I'm guessing this actually represents two teams making changes. HUSch was logged in during the interval, so the 14>>11 was probably MS.

In any case, not too much of note going on this turn. MS gained another population point, to 3-3-2-1, that's all. SANCTA's score increase was due to gaining land credit for their 3rd city.

I won't have the time to start catching up on this until around Monday or Tuesday, but just wanted to comment that nothing drastic seems to have happened since turn 67. (Though soldiers count will need looking at.) I thought SANCTA might have gotten a tech by trade, but it was just the founding of their fourth city.

Seems like Kaz got Confucianism already. And Saturn claims they were going for it. Anyone confirm this in chat? Their GNP is surprisingly high, even with being financial (I'm very envious of their gold...). Interesting developments nevertheless.

This is approximately when they said they would get it, yes.

Nice to know I'm not completely clueless.

We now have visibility of SANCTA's demographics (turn 79). Notable ones are GNP, where they appear to have roughly equivalent capacity to us; MFG, where they are way ahead of us* -- doubtless the thing that has Kaz so spooked about industrial capacity; and power, where again they are roughly equivalent to us -- at a guess, they have 4 or so axes.

Spoiler :
score

GNP

MFG

Crop Yield

Power

Culture

Espionage

* The MFG difference has not been showing up in the numbers on the demographics screen itself. Why is that? Forges are supposed to be accounted for in the numbers, I believe. Am I missing something? Or are they playing games with tiles to try to disguise their advantage from any teams that can't yet see their charts?

Top Bottom